• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?

Vitality

upload_2022-3-29_12-5-17.jpeg

but more importantly; Can two swallows carry a coconut?

These are things I ponder.

I may as well introduce myself since I recently started posting after months of lurking. I’ve been hesitant for multiple reasons, most of which I’ll keep to myself.

I’ve enjoyed reading through posts and exploring the depths of topics I know next to nothing about. My beau is the only person I seem to truly connect with about religion and spirituality (err, rather, lack thereof) in real life. Both of our families are religious. Makes sense living in the bible belt, I guess.

The reason I started posting recently is because I was looking to distract myself from ruminating on recent stressors and grief, such as the death of my father and strife with my daughter. Well, it worked. Except I’m fully aware that at some point I will need to process the emotional stuff I’d rather just ignore. Grief is dumb.

The downlow aside, here’s a bit about me:
I’m an atheist who has been practicing non-dogmatic yoga for 20 years and “teaching” yoga since 2012. I’m interested in exploring philosophical interpretations of spirituality and how that translates to our daily lives, society, and quality of life.

My degree is in health sciences, but my career is in audio. Specifically acoustic design. I primarily consult with houses of worship, which is simply ironic. Dontchathink?

I have to get back to the office, so I’ll leave it at that for now. Just wanted to say “hi” because I feel like a stranger imposing myself on a random group of friends.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
View attachment 61618

I may as well introduce myself since I recently started posting after months of lurking. I’ve been hesitant for multiple reasons, most of which I’ll keep to myself.

I’ve enjoyed reading through posts and exploring the depths of topics I know next to nothing about. My beau is the only person I seem to truly connect with about religion and spirituality (err, rather, lack thereof) in real life. Both of our families are religious. Makes sense living in the bible belt, I guess.

The reason I started posting recently is because I was looking to distract myself from ruminating on recent stressors and grief. Well, it worked. Except after forcing someone I love to take accountability for their actions I am now beginning to process the stuff I’d rather just ignore.

I’m an atheist who has been practicing non-dogmatic yoga for 20 years and “teaching” yoga since 2012. I’m interested in exploring philosophical interpretations of spirituality and how that translates to our daily lives, society, and quality of life.

My degree is in health sciences, but my career is in audio. Specifically acoustic design. I primarily consult with houses of worship, which is simply ironic. Dontchathink?

I have to get back to the office, so I’ll leave it at that for now. Just wanted to say “hi” because I feel like a stranger imposing myself on a random group of friends.

Greetings!

Have some pie from the staff dining hall...
OIP.-jxeCGCBBpdyUnN0ikqUXwHaHa

And some cake

8552008209aad36f99a13bc912256954.gif

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Welcome to RF. Your post about someone posing and posting as someone else. And now this has got me curious. But.....

secret-meme.gif

Edit:. Ope, this is setting off my Paranoid Delusions.

Bye!

Last edited:

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
View attachment 61618

The reason I started posting recently is because I was looking to distract myself from ruminating on recent stressors and grief. Well, it worked. Except after forcing someone I love to take accountability for their actions I am now beginning to process the stuff unrelated to him I’d rather just ignore.

You're not the messiah, you're a very naughty boy.

Vitality

Hi. I recently married my noise-cancelling headphones.

What make and model do you have? I have several nice-ish headphones but they’re not very comfortable and end up hurting my head and ears if worn for an extended period of time. They’re designed for studio use, so I would have expected them to be less hurty. I forget the model of the lightweight set I have, but my main monitors are ATH-M50X.

I really like my MPOW wireless headphones, but the built in mic is crap which makes virtual meetings at work a bit awkward. I just appreciate how long they last on a single charge.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
What make and model do you have? I have several nice-ish headphones but they’re not very comfortable and end up hurting my head and ears if worn for an extended period of time. They’re designed for studio use, so I would have expected them to be less hurty. I forget the model of the lightweight set I have, but my main monitors are ATH-M50X.

I really like my MPOW wireless headphones, but the built in mic is crap which makes virtual meetings at work a bit awkward. I just appreciate how long they last on a single charge.
Sony WH-1000XM4. Very comfy, borderline orgasmic.

Vitality

Sony WH-1000XM4. Very comfy, borderline orgasmic.

Nice! I’m considering selling my two studio monitors to help pay for a nicer set. The acoustic design firm I work for is a dealer for various vendors, so I’m hoping to take advantage of the discount. These are going on my list for comparison.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Nice! I’m considering selling my two studio monitors to help pay for a nicer set. The acoustic design firm I work for is a dealer for various vendors, so I’m hoping to take advantage of the discount. These are going on my list for comparison.
I just googled for best noise-cancelling headphones and on checking the first two links these were rated best in both (Techradar and Wired). I admit I made no comparisons - I'd been given a gift voucher and was able to go into a hifi shop and ask to try their best nc headphones. I can wear them for ages with no discomfort, the noise cancellation is excellent and the sound quality is superb. I hear stuff in my music I've not noticed before. End of sales pitch!

Vitality

I just googled for best noise-cancelling headphones and on checking the first two links these were rated best in both (Techradar and Wired). I admit I made no comparisons - I'd been given a gift voucher and was able to go into a hifi shop and ask to try their best nc headphones. I can wear them for ages with no discomfort, the noise cancellation is excellent and the sound quality is superb. I hear stuff in my music I've not noticed before. End of sales pitch!

This will be a topic of conversation next time I hang out with my old audio engineering professor who is a literal expert on the subject. The deciding factor always boils down to usage. Some products are great for daily use while others are designed for professional use. I’m trying to find the happy medium because I don’t intend to pursue professional audio production, but I’d like to have the option to pick up side projects. It would be ideal to have a headset accessible to both worlds.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O first earth natural planet position.
Surrounded by its heavens as natural heavens position.

First.

A theist says look a crop circle.

Position first the heavens mass no crop circle ignored.

Second position the reason crop mass changed compressed wilted the same everytime and not the pattern.

Third position the heavens mass as mass changes all day long naturally as first position.

A theory said a natural man is only ever just a humans theory as a story.