• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is temporary marriage in Islam ????

mahasn ebn sawresho

temporary marriage
In Islam Is it true ??
Is there a text from the Koran supports this marriage ??
YES

This is a verse from the Koran
The fun began Koran, saying the Almighty: (What do women enjoyed the Vatohn wages ordinance) [women: 24].
Now, the explanation of this verse from the Koran
If you enjoyed the women must be in exchange for sexual enjoy wages
Any price
The big question
What is the difference between adultery and lasciviousness
When you enjoy with one of the women given the price
Why I wrote this verse in the Koran ???
I Ask Questions
A clear mandate in the Arabic language also in translation
I hope to have a dialogue on this verse
And also offer you how Omar bin Khattab announced prevent this marriage ??
The big question, whichever know ethics
Who wrote the Koran or Omar ibn al-Khattab ???
Answer to:

The fun began Koran, saying the Almighty: (What do women enjoyed the Vatohn wages ordinance) [women: 24].

The year is enough in the legislation: the reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and his family authorized the Companions based on the Quranic verse that ushered, Waddle evidence of the Apostle her legislation: the words of the second Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab; it said: «Mtatan were at the time of the Messenger of Allah I Mahramhma and punished them. » Wants this: women fun, fun any pilgrimage: a pilgrimage to enjoy, which was not accepted by Umar but before the Sunnis.

The true son of Omar Abdullah ibn Umar, he said: «Halal fun, prescribed by the Messenger of Allah. Was said to him: The father campus! He said: Because follow the Messenger of Allah is better than to follow my father. »

It has been true for a group of companions as saying: «The pleasure: and we have enjoyed at the time of the Messenger of God and the reign of the first Caliph Abu Bakr, and the era of succession age, even forbade her age and chastise them».

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
(Since you created this thread in Religions Debates instead of Same Faith Debates or one of the Islamic DIRs, I hope you don't mind me replying)

I know from a reliable source that temporary marriage ("Nikah mut‘ah")does indeed exist in Islam, and that it is a source of no small measure of disconfort and, particularly, of tension between the Shia (who acknowledge its existence) and Sunni (who do not).

However... I don't feel confortable in stating much of anything further than that about the matter.

That is so because the subject matter is, after all, marriage, its significance and its consequences to people other than me. And marriage is IMO a very personal matter.

My role when it comes to other people's marriages is, far as I understand it, to make a honest effort not to disrespect their choices and expectations unless I have some sort of personal stake in the situation. That mostly means learning etiquette and protocol for communications and social situations. Close family is likely to have a legitimate if often difficult stake in the situation as well, since they may have to deal with the consequences of any conceivable mistakes.

Other than that, it seems clear to me that a marriage should be whatever the people actually married to each other want it to be. No more and no less.

Useless2015

Dear Muslims
Is temporary marriage Halal or Haram ??
Does God allow this ???
I think he committed adultery
Ye What do you say ????
Its haraam despite being allowed at one point during war. There are a great amount of hadiths stating that Muhammed s.a.w made mutah forbidden after the battle of Khaybar. It's seen as something vile and only allowed in difficult situations.

“O people, I had permitted you Mutah before, [but now] whoever of you has any part in it currently must part with her, and do not take back anything which you may have given them, as Allah Exalted and Majestic has forbidden it until the day of resurrection.” [Muslim, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, Nasa`i, and Darimi]

“The Messenger of Allah had forbidden Mutah on the day of Khaybar and had forbidden the eating of the meat of domestic donkeys.” [Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizy, Ibn Majah, Nasa`i, Tahawy, Shafi’i, Bayhaqy, and Hazimy]

“I testify that according to my father that it happened that the Messenger of Allah had forbidden it [Mutah] on the farewell pilgrimage.” [Abu Dawood and Imam Ahmad]

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I take it it is not allowed according to the Ahmadiyya Islam understanding?

And probably Sunni as well. But the Shia seem to acknowledge it, albeit reluctantly. Am I mistaken?

And probably Sunni as well. But the Shia seem to acknowledge it, albeit reluctantly. Am I mistaken?

Some Sunni Jurist allow it, others oppose it.

From the link I posted above (google translated from Indonesian):

1. Those Who Allow

Among the scholars who allow perniakahan with the intention of divorce is scholarly, including schools of Al-Hanafiyah, Al-Malikiyah, ash-Syafi'iyah.

In this case the school of Al-Hanabilah split, some clerical exist that allow, as well as Ibn Ibn Qudamah Muflih. Including participating allow it is Ibn Taymiyyah.

2. Those Who Proscribe
While that does not allow marriage with the intention of divorce is the school of Al-Hanabilah formally, especially Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal himself and the scholars supporters of this sect. Selaini the Imam Al-Auza'i is famous prohibit such marriages.

While among modern scholars in the present, among others, Muhammad Rashid Rida, Sheikh Muhammad Salih Al-Uthaymeen, The Standing Committee was lil Buhuts Wal Ifta 'Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Majma' Islamic Fiqh

Proposition E. The Allow Opinions

Some scholars argue that even though their marriage ceremony accompanied by the intention to mentalak, then the law akadnya was legitimate. As for what a person intended in his heart, has nothing to do with the validity of marriage is valid or not. This argument has some proof, among others:

1. Intention Destructive Akad

Arguments built by supporters of this idea that the marriage ceremony as general contract in muamalah, not worship ritual. But the contract was part of Muamalat.

Then in the contract relating to Muamalat, the intention is not too dominating factor. Which is used as a measure more in lahiriyah factor of what is spoken and understood by both parties.

Then the wedding who meet all of the terms and rukunnya, as guardian, witnesses, dowry, and consent granted, the law is valid. So that in view of the sharia, marriage is legitimate and has permitted the marital relationship.

2. Intention Not Up To Charity

When someone has the intention in the heart, then the intention was not visible and do not constitute part of a real charity.

Then a new act to the extent that the intention in the heart, but not implemented in reality, has not been able to put into the charity.

In this case if the intention of a good job, did have intentions have got the reward, which is the reward of intent. However, if it is a charitable act that gives birth to sin and restrictions, as long as it is not done, then there is no sin and have not been sentenced.

How can we condemn something that has not been done by the culprit.

A person who has malicious intent to steal property, certainly can not be arrested and sentenced, let alone cut hand.

Why?

Because by law, the act of theft was not yet done. Even though there are strong indications that the thief will perform an action, but as long as the theft itself has not been the case, should not be sentenced as a thief.

Then so is the case of a legitimate marriage that accompanied the intention in my heart to drop the divorce. At the time the contract was in progress, there is no divorce. Even if divorce were later dropped, penjatuhannya actually carried out upon completion of the contract valid.

3. Divorce Not Something Haram

The act of divorce itself is basically not a thing that is absolutely illegitimate. Separations include masyru deeds', even though not a main road in non-mutually agree solutions to problems between husband and wife.

Apart from the priority scale, dropping divorce deed itself is not sinful or illicit actions. At least in sharia, we know there are two types of divorce, the divorce Sunni and divorce bid'iy.

When the divorce was the status of Sunni, many people who said that divorce was legitimate and not a ban, and did not give birth to sin. Separations which bore the sin of divorce is divorce status bid'iy. For example divorce handed down when the wife is menstruating, or dropped on the sacred past, but had already been ****ed.

mahasn ebn sawresho

(Since you created this thread in Religions Debates instead of Same Faith Debates or one of the Islamic DIRs, I hope you don't mind me replying)
Hello
Useful to know the people in the laws of Islam
This personalized attention
On the issue of marriage Interestingness
I know the position of the Fiqh Senyah school and school Alhieiah
But I ask questions in depth
In terms of the concept of adultery in the Quran

If Islam has allowed in this type of sexual relations
Any sex-for-pay
So what are called this kind of sexual practices ??
He prostitution ??
right
***** arrest wages in exchange for sex with her
Here the Quranic verse clear
You say you give them wages
For this reason, the Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab Islamic have known the seriousness of the sexual Aerqat and issued orders to prevent this kind of sexual relations
Here is the most important question
Is Omar ibn al-Khattab has the right to stop and prevent the laws of the Koran ???
Is Omar ibn al-Khattab or all of the scholars who feel ashamed of this verse
We know more than the word of GodThese are important questions
Requesting answered
And either legal or social conditioning of this type of social relations in modern times it is the prostitution
It is known that prostitution means sex for money

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Peace be on you.
Item 1=
In addition to Quran's stand given in Post # 6, Two short video clips from Ahmadiyya-Muslim resources about negation of short term marriages.

Item 2=
@ 00:00:19 Question in English! Some sect of Muslim believe about temporary marriage (Mu'tah) and they mentioned that it was in the time of Hadhrat Muhammad (saw) and it has been practice since that time?

@ 00:00:44 Answer in English.

https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html

====================================
Item 3
@ 35:40 Concept of Temporary marriage (Mut'ah)?

http://www.alislam.org/v/8180.html

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
In my Islamic beliefs, temporary marriage is forbidden. Otherwise, what difference does it make apart from having sex with prostitutes or random women? It would create the same problems Islam sees in it.

Note that I'm not judging prostitution or having sex with random women here, which is another subject, I'm only relating it to them which is forbidden in Islam.

mahasn ebn sawresho

In my Islamic beliefs, temporary marriage is forbidden. Otherwise, what difference does it make apart from having sex with prostitutes or random women? It would create the same problems Islam sees in it.

Note that I'm not judging prostitution or having sex with random women here, which is another subject, I'm only relating it to them which is forbidden in Islam.

Verse from the Koran is a very clear
Are you learn more from the Koran
I'm talking about the nationality of its name Interestingness relationship or sexual pleasure
Who is the one who knows more than you, or God?
I hope that in this verse Thaorne only
If you believe that prostitution means sex for money
Van this verse of the same meaning

And I hope that progress on the answer to my questions submitted by the red

mahasn ebn sawresho

This verse is not abrogated
It is fixed in the Koran
If the Koran the word of God as you say, why you want to cancel the provisions of this verse from the Koran

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
This verse is not abrogated
It is fixed in the Koran
If the Koran the word of God as you say, why you want to cancel the provisions of this verse from the Koran
Peace be on you.
Friend I wanted to save some space of the site, but you keep saying same thing. Perhaps you could not find link given in Post # 6.
Here is the full page, please learn at right column at the end of page and next page. Thanks:
5VC0822.jpg

Ref: https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=513&region=E1&CR=EN,E2

You are wrongly interpreting things.

Good wishes.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Peace be on you.
Friend I wanted to save some space of the site, but you keep saying same thing. Perhaps you could not find link given in Post # 6.
Here is the full page, please learn at right column at the end of page and next page. Thanks:
My friend
If the sky is blue
But Muhammad told you it black
Of incredible mind or Muhammad ???
Do you believe that the interpretations that are trying to repeal the rule of this verse
Or believe the words of God in the Koran ???
If you cancel this verse from the Koran thou do the right
But you do not be able to so
Because I speak Arabic
I know the words of this verse well
Whatever you want from these words to justify the big question remains
Does God allows sexual relations for money ??
This is what happened in the days of Muhammad ??
This verse is not obsolete in the Koran
Which canceled this verse is Omar ibn al-Khattab
Is Omar ibn al-Khattab have a sense of moral more than the Koran Starter

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Verse from the Koran is a very clear
Are you learn more from the Koran
I'm talking about the nationality of its name Interestingness relationship or sexual pleasure
Who is the one who knows more than you, or God?
I hope that in this verse Thaorne only
If you believe that prostitution means sex for money
Van this verse of the same meaning

And I hope that progress on the answer to my questions submitted by the red

Ah, you say the above and that the verse is clear but you're asking these questions:
Dear Muslims
Is temporary marriage Halal or Haram ??
Does God allow this ???
I think he committed adultery
Ye What do you say ????

This means either the verse is not clear to you or you have hidden motives. Please post the verse only in both Arabic and English in a completely separate post and explain it to us. Please don't fill that specific post with others explanations.

mahasn ebn sawresho

This means either the verse is not clear to you or you have hidden motives. Please post the verse only in both Arabic and English in a completely separate post and explain it to us. Please don't fill that specific post with others explanations.
And chaste women from women, but what proprietary book of Allah upon you and what lawful to you of the meaning that you may seek your wealth is not immune to what Msavhan enjoyed the doing of them Vatohn wages ordinance does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory If God is Knower, the Wise (24)
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۖ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ ۚ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ ۚ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا (24)

And chaste women
These are the women Shi'a legal marriage contract and conditions guardian and witnesses
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ

إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ
But what proprietary
Those age wives legitimacies
They concubines and slaves
Invasions of Muslims
It may set up a sexual relationship with them also

So what do women enjoyed the give wages ordinance does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory If God is Knower, the Wise
فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

اسْتَمْتَعْتُم Enjoyed the
relish
By womenIt
is sexual intercourse with women
بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ
فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ Proffer them the price and wages
فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚA statute does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory
This is a verse in full and the three judgments
The rule of chaste women
And the rule of concubines right queens
Governance sexual enjoy for the price
It is an obligation due according to the agreement between the partiesفَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ
I hope I can answer my questions
the Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab Islamic have known the seriousness of the sexual Aerqat and issued orders to prevent this kind of sexual relations
Is Omar ibn al-Khattab has the right to stop and prevent the laws of the Koran ???

It is the second question
I wish to focus on this in the answer

mahasn ebn sawresho

Read bin Abi heel "What do women enjoyed the indefinite

Muslim jurists have differed in this verse of the first appearance of Islam
And to this day
Because in Islamic books there evidence to prove that it has been deleted words indefinite
Here is another issue show a distortion in the Koran
Also
It Koran problems with the mind

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
And chaste women from women, but what proprietary book of Allah upon you and what lawful to you of the meaning that you may seek your wealth is not immune to what Msavhan enjoyed the doing of them Vatohn wages ordinance does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory If God is Knower, the Wise (24)
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ ۖ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ ۚ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ ۚ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا (24)

And chaste women
These are the women Shi'a legal marriage contract and conditions guardian and witnesses
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ

إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ
But what proprietary
Those age wives legitimacies
They concubines and slaves
Invasions of Muslims
It may set up a sexual relationship with them also

So what do women enjoyed the give wages ordinance does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory If God is Knower, the Wise
فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

اسْتَمْتَعْتُم Enjoyed the
relish
By womenIt
is sexual intercourse with women
بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ
فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ Proffer them the price and wages
فَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚA statute does not stand with what you Tradeetm done after the obligatory
This is a verse in full and the three judgments
The rule of chaste women
And the rule of concubines right queens
Governance sexual enjoy for the price
It is an obligation due according to the agreement between the partiesفَرِيضَةً ۚ وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ۚ
I hope I can answer my questions
the Caliph Omar ibn al-Khattab Islamic have known the seriousness of the sexual Aerqat and issued orders to prevent this kind of sexual relations

It is the second question
I wish to focus on this in the answer

Yes, according to my understand and beliefs, that verse is telling that men find pleasure in being with women (something natural) and that there must be a payment that should be agreed on by the two sides. That's called dowry, by the way. Or in Arabic: مَهر. Anyways, the verses لَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ (5) إِلَّا عَلَى أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ (6) فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَاء ذَلِكَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ (7) in Al Mo'ominoon chapter clearly says that men are allowed to have sex only with wives and Mulk Al Yameen (what's translated to slaves in English) and those who try to go beyond that are sinners. I'm not a clergy man, so I can't tell for certain, but these verses either govern the ones you provided or abrogate it in case my understanding to it (the verses you mentioned) is wrong.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Yes, according to my understand and beliefs, that verse is telling that men find pleasure in being with women (something natural) and that there must be a payment that should be agreed on by the two sides. That's called dowry, by the way. Or in Arabic: مَهر. Anyways, the verses لَّذِينَ هُمْ لِفُرُوجِهِمْ حَافِظُونَ (5) إِلَّا عَلَى أَزْوَاجِهِمْ أوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ غَيْرُ مَلُومِينَ (6) فَمَنِ ابْتَغَى وَرَاء ذَلِكَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْعَادُونَ (7) in Al Mo'ominoon chapter clearly says that men are allowed to have sex only with wives and Mulk Al Yameen (what's translated to slaves in English) and those who try to go beyond that are sinners. I'm not a clergy man, so I can't tell for certain, but these verses either govern the ones you provided or abrogate it in case my understanding to it (the verses you mentioned) is wrong.

This verse is from the Koran
I have not invented
Are the three judgments or illegal material
But public speech or structural him I do not care
I care only text
And either provided by a verse
And those who guard their chastity * only on their spouses or what possessed their faith, they are not to blame * It seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors {Believers: 5-7}.The oldest meaning you
It is wise last
And prohibition means masturbation or masturbation
What came General format is a comprehensive two species mentioned, which is a function of the ban saying it seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors. This generally is no doubt that it addresses the phenomenon of Nakh his hand, and the apparent pan Koran may not be reversed except for the guide or book of the year should refer to it.My greetings to you
And I hope that does not confuse the verdicts Koranic
Verse made by means of masturbation or masturbation