• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is spirituality according to you?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
My personal answer:

I believe in a higher conscious power/force/sprit who made the universe/universes.

God is love. Love is God. And humans is made in the likness of God, because of that i believe our souls is also love

Karma and reincarnation is also part of my spirituality

What do you believe is spirituality? Do you disagree or agree? What is your personal definition of spirituality?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What do you believe is spirituality?
To me spirituality is the reality I can experience which goes beyond "normal" worldly life. In silence "unknown" knowledge is revealed to me. Using our inner senses there is so much more than what we can perceive through our outer senses. This intrigues me, gives life another dimension, fills me with awe and wonder

What is your personal definition of spirituality?
I have not a definition. Outer senses are used to experience mundane life. Inner senses can be trained and used to experience the beyond

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you believe is spirituality?
The best kind of spirituality is taking out time each day to learn, to improve, to practice or to read or in some other way strengthen your mind. Listening to music can be a form of practice, too. It is unique in that you can passively practice by listening. Spiritual prayer is prayer in which you ponder your actions and strengthen your will in order to be consistent, reliable, trustworthy, resilient, peaceful, helpful, cheerful, clean, forgiving, serious, generous and strong.

A good way to get started is to pick some small habit to do each morning. It could be making up your bed, or sweeping the porch or scrubbing a sink or setting out clothes for the day. For some its reading. For others it listening to music. Whatever it is, it should be a healthy action that leaves something better than it was.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Spirituality is the higher nature of living creatures, as opposed to the animal nature. There is the self and selfless motivations of any being.

Spirit is the nature by which one does what they do.

Spirituality is that which gives depth and substance to people's character.

Spirituality is about love in truth. Lesser love's don't compare to the higher love.

Spirituality is a dimension beyond what is seen into the power of what life is able to become.

Spirituality is a word that gets abused and trivialized.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Faith in the universe, remaining calm and collected, always aiming to improve your quality of life but enjoying the journey of doing so.

I also agree with you that God is Love.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Spirituality to me is very much not about any deity, and definitely not about belief in the existence of any deity.

It is instead all about nurturing radical honesty towards oneself, knowing what we seek and why.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My personal answer:

I believe in a higher conscious power/force/sprit who made the universe/universes.

God is love. Love is God. And humans is made in the likness of God, because of that i believe our souls is also love

What do you believe is spirituality? Do you disagree or agree? What is your personal definition of spirituality?
I refer to it as being the flavor of the day.

Spirituality for me is the reflection and emotion of one's own experience. Sometimes you dwell with it for awhile, then it gives way until new reflections surface.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I don't know. I have no definition and all definitions I've read are pretty meaningless to me. I know it has something to do with magical thinking and religiosity.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
My personal answer:

The best way I can think of to describe how I think of spirituality is to imagine a Venn diagram between psychology, ethics, and questions of meaning or purpose for oneself or the universe broadly. Spirituality is the enterprise at the center of the diagram.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My personal answer:

To me, spirituality is a methodology of improving one's mental health.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My personal answer:

I don't believe in any higher 'anything', although I leave the door open a little as to such. I can understand why so many do have such beliefs and as to how they vary, but whatever they see as to being something special in their lives I have never had or felt such.

The nearest to spirituality for me, as per others no doubt, would be in having an honest and reflective attitude to whatever we experience and observe, and to integrate all this into any world view we might have. Hence, there will always be room for improvement as to such - if one can recognise one's own limitations and the limitations of others. Some areas might be more important than others though - and for me, for example, psychology tends to get more attention than religious beliefs, since this area and related ones tends to be more fruitful. In my view at least.

RestlessSoul

Spirituality to me means the way of the spirit; the spirit is that which knits together the body and the mind, and by which we are woven into the fabric of the universe.

The spirit is not something ephemeral, vague nor intangible; it has more substance than the material or the intellectual; it is the fire that lights up the void, the river that feeds the ocean, the breath that fills the heart and causes it to beat to the rhythm of eternity.

PureX

Veteran Member
I would say that spirituality is a recognition of the transcendent nature of existence. That the experience of being is far greater than the sum of it's parts.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
It those moments in my life when I feel most connected to my God(s)… and it is the way I express those connections.