• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is spiritual food ?

buddhist

Physical food (dense frequencies) is obviously sustenance for the physical body.
IMO things like music, thoughts, and emotions (less dense) are sustenances for the astral body in the higher end of the kama-loka.
Love, joy, compassion, and equanimity (even less dense) are sustenances for the mental body in the rupa-loka.
Consciousness itself (the least dense) is sustenance for the spiritual body in the arupa-loka.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me what is spiritual food ? And how to get it from where ?
It might be Taco Bell's combo #3 or #4 depending on who you ask.

OR

It might be just words and thoughts that encourage our higher spiritual nature.

Ana.J

Spiritual food is something that gives you motivation and energy to become a better person (as I see it)

anonymous9887

bible reader
Spiritual food is the bible. God's word. words of refreshment to your soul. You get the benefits by studying and contemplating on the message with god's holy spirit.

arthra

Baha'i
Can anyone tell me what is spiritual food ? And how to get it from where ?

All of us have experienced hunger from a near empty stomach... Spiritual hunger is also a condition we can experience although depending on the person the alarm bells of spiritual hunger may or may not be noticed depending on our condition. I would say spiritual "food" is something that fills and satisfies our souls. The spiritual food can be revealed teachings for the time we live in and may help us work toward a goal of inner strength and fulfillment. Spiritual food can help us "bond" with other seekers and build stronger communities.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
It really depends on ones' religion.....

th

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So called truth is what we are, we can experience it, but we can never conceptualize it, its what we experience when we are so called Enlightened, or Awakening to our true Self.........I have said too much already.

anonymous9887

bible reader
So why has that food poisoned so many ?.
I honestly agree with you. The problem is the person not the words. Some people read the bible with the wrong attitude, and thus come up with some crazy interpretations.
I will stick with these 2 greatest commands
1. To love YHWH your god with all your heart, soul, mind and strength
2. and to love your neighbor as yourself

Also not to mention Hebrews 13:18 to conduct ourselves honestly in all things

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I honestly agree with you. The problem is the person not the words. Some people read the bible with the wrong attitude, and thus come up with some crazy interpretations.
I will stick with these 2 greatest commands
1. To love YHWH your god with all your heart, soul, mind and strength
2. and to love your neighbor as yourself

Also not to mention Hebrews 13:18 to conduct ourselves honestly in all things
I agree, but I don't know about the first command, but the second yes, at least we see each other, and not just have faith that we are here.