• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is so special about Western Wall?

Hammzah

Why can't those people just rebuild the entire concept? Why are they waiting for the entire thing to collapse? What so special about it?

Why can't they just knock it all down and rebuild it again from scratch? To me it seems as if they are worshiping death, because the reality is death, and the death takes over everything and everyone.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is a rare survivor from a temple that was ordered to be totally destroyed.
I can understand Jews revering it, it is all that remains. And on many occasions Jesus and his disciples entered its portals and worshipped and taught there. It is a great pity that there is not more left of the original structures.

74x12

The Western Wall is a section of the retaining wall around the temple mount compound. It happens to have a proximity to particular holy areas which were situated on the mount and is a section we have access to. In rabbinic understanding there is an idea of sanctity associated with the wall
Mystical Secret of the Western Wall

The Western Wall (Kotel)
Interesting. Are you aware some people now believe the temple was not on the temple mount at all? They believe it was in the city of David instead near the Gihon spring. I myself am undecided for now on this topic.

rosends

Interesting. Are you aware some people now believe the temple was not on the temple mount at all? They believe it was in the city of David instead near the Gihon spring. I myself am undecided for now on this topic.
Sure, some people believe that. I've seen the websites. Some people believe there was never a temple at all. Go figure.

74x12

Sure, some people believe that. I've seen the websites. Some people believe there was never a temple at all. Go figure.
Historical record is certain there was a temple. We even have the carvings of the menorah from the Roman triumph in Rome.

Tali018

Why can't those people just rebuild the entire concept? Why are they waiting for the entire thing to collapse? What so special about it?

Why can't they just knock it all down and rebuild it again from scratch? To me it seems as if they are worshiping death, because the reality is death, and the death takes over everything and everyone.

Why can't it currently be built on? The status quo created by the Israel-Jordan Treaty of 1994.

Shaul

Premium Member
Those that believe that are fools no less than those that think the holocaust didn’t happen. This lie (and I use the term advisedly) has been pushed by the Palestinians. It is baseless and pernicious.

74x12

Those that believe that are fools no less than those that think the holocaust didn’t happen. This lie (and I use the term advisedly) has been pushed by the Palestinians. It is baseless and pernicious.
Nah, this is something else. It's actually a Christian guy and some Jews also believe it based off of excavations and certain key Bible passages which they take as proof. It has nothing to do with Palestinians. I'm aware of the politics however.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner

The Samaritans claim that the original house of God was the moving tabernacle, which came to rest on Mt. Gerazim at a certain point in history. They claim that the House of the Lord at Shiloh was on Mt. Gerazim. Do you consider that claim with any seriousness? Curious

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Do you some sort of inside source? You are the only person to seem to know this.

When Vespasian sent his son to destroy Jerusalem and kill and disperse the Jews. He certainly did not put the temple on the "to be saved" list Titus did as he was instructed in CE70 and did his best to destroy everything, and Jerusalem was raised to the ground.

The Jewish diaspora did not have a homeland again till after WW2.

74x12

The Samaritans claim that the original house of God was the moving tabernacle, which came to rest on Mt. Gerazim at a certain point in history. They claim that the House of the Lord at Shiloh was on Mt. Gerazim. Do you consider that claim with any seriousness? Curious
I haven't researched it enough to say one way or the other. It is an interesting question though.

roger1440

I do stuff
When Vespasian sent his son to destroy Jerusalem and kill and disperse the Jews. He certainly did not put the temple on the "to be saved" list Titus did as he was instructed in CE70 and did his best to destroy everything, and Jerusalem was raised to the ground.

The Jewish diaspora did not have a homeland again till after WW2.
As of yet, you haven't told me your source.