• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Sikhism

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Punjab on boil. Let us see what mix we get at the end of it. :)

I see Ashwini Kumar as the dark horse. If AAP is able to form a coalition, Kejriwal may make Ashwini Kumar as the Chief Minister and Bhagwant Mann and others as deputy Chief Ministers. A Chief Minister does not need to be an elected representative. He gets six months to be elected. AAP coalition will need an experienced hand at the helm and none better than Ashwini Kumar. Andhra has five Deputy Chief Ministers. Why did Ashwini Kumar resign from Congress at this juncture? Coalition parties may not be against it. :D

"Ashwani Kumar (born 26 October 1952) is an Indian politician and attorney who formerly served as Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha representing the state of Punjab. He formerly served as Union Minister of Law and Justice and Union Minister of State in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and Ministry of Commerce and Industry"
Ashwani Kumar (politician) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Jedster

@GURSIKH

Hello GURSIKH,
Welcome back.

I am a long time fan of Kabir and have enjoyed his utterances both as a Theist and as a Non-Theist.
So my question is,
what is your take on The Bijak(Sati 203)?, which says

"When nothing was made,
No earth or water,
No creator or destroyer--
Kabir speaks of then."

I am aware that this is a translation by Linda Hess & Shukdeo Singh and would be interested to know if the translation is correct.

Cheers

Jedster

Link to book The Bijak Of Kabir [PDF] Download Full – PDF Read Book Page[/QUOTE]

GURSIKH

chardi kla
@GURSIKH

Hello GURSIKH,
Welcome back.

I am a long time fan of Kabir and have enjoyed his utterances both as a Theist and as a Non-Theist.
So my question is,
what is your take on The Bijak(Sati 203)?, which says

"When nothing was made,
No earth or water,
No creator or destroyer--
Kabir speaks of then."

I am aware that this is a translation by Linda Hess & Shukdeo Singh and would be interested to know if the translation is correct.

Cheers

Jedster

Link to book The Bijak Of Kabir [PDF] Download Full – PDF Read Book Page
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jedster,
Glad to know about your views on Kabir. To me Kabir attained the state of Perfection. He was one with the Primal Source. In the above Bijak quote He describes those Primal conditions which are beyond the realm of space,time and words.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
Punjab on boil. Let us see what mix we get at the end of it. :)

I see Ashwini Kumar as the dark horse. If AAP is able to form a coalition, Kejriwal may make Ashwini Kumar as the Chief Minister and Bhagwant Mann and others as deputy Chief Ministers. A Chief Minister does not need to be an elected representative. He gets six months to be elected. AAP coalition will need an experienced hand at the helm and none better than Ashwini Kumar. Andhra has five Deputy Chief Ministers. Why did Ashwini Kumar resign from Congress at this juncture? Coalition parties may not be against it. :D

"Ashwani Kumar (born 26 October 1952) is an Indian politician and attorney who formerly served as Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha representing the state of Punjab. He formerly served as Union Minister of Law and Justice and Union Minister of State in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion and Ministry of Commerce and Industry"
Ashwani Kumar (politician) - Wikipedia

Ashwani Kumar is not popular in Punjab, there will be close contest between Congress and AAP. Congress is having anti incumbency against it. AAP is having an edge.