• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Set for You?

Ahanit

And how did you find him for your path? Or did he find you? or do you only meet and find out that this may a good relationship? :) Or is he only an Idea you follow?

I think I remember a Scroll Article about talking with Set. That it is a question of the belief if he is a real Existing deity or a principle of the self. And on the position that he is existing that not many talk really with him but instead with the own higher self....

What is opend with the one or the other position in relationship to the path of Set within the world? (Thinking about the words the book of coming forth by night and others)

Onyx

Premium Member
I first learned of Set while researching alternative "LHP" religions, after becoming rather dissatisfied with the one I was practicing.

I hesitate to draw too many conclusions right now, as I'm still exploring this new awareness. Nevertheless, I consider Set to be a transcendental consciousness, one that is able to reveal the divine subjective potential within myself.

Xeper.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I first encountered Set through a series of unusual events which eventually led up to that night I first invoked Set in a Working of Greater Black Magick, which changed me for ever.

Set, for me, is a very real and tangible presence. Set is a guide and teacher, the Creator of the human psyche, and is the primal father and source of all intelligent self-aware beings within the Universe. Set, for those who follow the Path of Darkness, can at times, whether directly or indirectly, be a very critical mentor, especially during the more trying times in life. But he is always fair and it is meant to strengthen the endurance of our eternal Setian Will. The Dark Prince does not seek blind servants, but rather enlightened equals.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Not only do I believe Set as an actual intelligent Form, existing objectively, but I feel Set takes a very active interest in the lives of Setians. It always was odd to me that "priests" and higher of Set would say Sets interaction is rare, while I experience the opposite. Maybe Set grows tired of shenanigans! Either way, Set and the human Ka, especially in a Setian, are intertwined. You cannot interact with one without the other.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Not only do I believe Set as an actual intelligent Form, existing objectively, but I feel Set takes a very active interest in the lives of Setians. It always was odd to me that "priests" and higher of Set would say Sets interaction is rare, while I experience the opposite. Maybe Set grows tired of shenanigans! Either way, Set and the human Ka, especially in a Setian, are intertwined. You cannot interact with one without the other.

I got about halfway into studying Set when Set came to me. Then things accelerated once we began studying each other.