• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Religion Doing Wrong

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I find Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law (Romans 10:4) and Christians are under the 'Law of Christ' - Galatians 6:2
Jesus gives a NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule - Leviticus 19:18.
In fact Jesus didn't gave any new law if you ask me, he just interpreted the scriptures as they should be interpreted.
Like you show with Leviticus 19:18 the law of love was already there, nothing new.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In fact Jesus didn't gave any new law if you ask me, he just interpreted the scriptures as they should be interpreted.
Like you show with Leviticus 19:18 the law of love was already there, nothing new.
Yes, the Golden Rule's love is nothing new.
What is New is Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35
The Golden Rule is to love neighbor as oneself.
Jesus' New Rule is to love nieghbor MORE than love of oneself.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Yes, the Golden Rule's love is nothing new.
What is New is Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35
The Golden Rule is to love neighbor as oneself.
Jesus' New Rule is to love nieghbor MORE than love of oneself.
Jesus being son of God and thus God had the power to intesify the commandment.
He proved his mission for truth with miracles and suffering on the cross without giving up until last breath.

Every prophet must have proved he is sent by God, and so did Jesus prove his mission.
For this reason I don't see any fallacy.

Fallen Prophet

Why isn't religion working? especially christianity since it is the largest religion in the world?

If religions is so great, why does there seem to be more aggression than ever in the world?
As more and more truth spread throughout the world - there is be more opposition to that truth.

Truth in love

Why isn't religion working? especially christianity since it is the largest religion in the world?

If religions is so great, why does there seem to be more aggression than ever in the world?
I think this is like saying science does not work when people ignore the rules but claim to be scientists. Religion works to the degree that man is following God.

wellwisher

It has to do with atheism, secularism and the Democrat party platform influenced by the far Left. Up till recently, these three worked as a team to successfully make the public messaging of the church, taboo, using legal separation of church and state arguments. The watering down of the public Christian influence on culture is one source of the problem, since it decline correlates with the rise of aggression.

For example, a nativity scene, was very common at City Hall during the Christmas season, say 50 years ago. It depicts a new born child and peaceful animals. it is a very peaceful scene. This was defined as evil, and in violation of atheist sensibilities; babies became evil. Before, this symbolism used to have a positive impact on people. It symbolized the Christmas spirit of love and giving, since a small child and calm domestic animals, both meant innocence. They bring out the natural need to take care of them; spirit of giving. These other groups now teach abortion rights or the right to kill that child before it is born. Which of the two is more self serving and aggressive?

Former President Trump, stood up for the legally oppressed religious people, who saw their positive influence bottlenecked with legalities and misinformation. Trump, by a new example, did not turn the other cheek to the bullies, but worked hard to restore the positive messaging of life and love. This push back made these other three groups even more aggressive and even more deceptive. The riots of 2020 showed who the aggressors were, while the messaging was based on misinformation; mostly peaceful and the looter are not criminals or you are a racist.

When I was became a teenager, I chose to became part of the hippie and love generation. This movement came from Christianity. It was not coincidence that the young men dressed up looking like Jesus with a rough beard and women dressed down; poor but with unique style. Does anyone remember the Christians lessons of blessed are the poor, humble and peace makers?

This peace and love movement was against war and embraced alternate religions; Eastern Religions; Ghandi and Buddha, as well as many religions of the indigenous people; Indians. Some of these religions used drugs to hear and see god. This openness to other religions and practices was the honey and glue that brought a wide range of people under the same flag; peace symbol.

As a teen I considered myself to be a Liberal who looked for positive social change; Civil Rights. The new Liberal movement has no grounding in peace or love. It is based on dividing people into niches. They work hard to undermine unity of man and then blame others for the negative outcomes. Civil Rights and the peace movement made racism on the decline. This was the case, until the new Liberals brought this evil back, to use racism and sexism like a tool to divide and leverage power.

In the USA, the most violate places to live, are in Democrat Party controlled cities. In Chicago alone, there were over 1000 deaths by guns in a place that has some of the strongest gun laws. The idea of force and law being able to control behavior, does not work by demonstration. But it is still be pushed by the people who screwed up their own cities and who are unable to learn from their mistakes.

The opposite was the case, back when I was young. The Democrats cities of the north and west became positive metropolitan areas with a diversity of peaceful young people, acted as one family. It was nice to migrate between sub-cultures and feel welcome, instead of suspicion. The question is what are the new Democrats teaching that fails to live up to its former glory? What do they now promote things that make its cities, very violent? Their divide and conquer strategy instead of unify, has had negative consequences for all. They set up new sides, which then polarizes into two divided sides.

Many of the young people who were part of the love and peace movement would grow up to become leaders in state, local and federal government. But many also became self serving "Hippie-crates", doing the opposite of what they had preached to others, in their youth. Some have even done things even worse than Nixon, such as use the power of Government to spy on citizens, in violation of law, that is not enforced due to legal corruption and manipulation.

Law has reached the end of its positive usefulness since those in power, either good and evil, can make law that reflects their own needs. We need more checks and balances on lawyers. Are you aware that in trials, lawyers do not have to swear to tell the truth? They can lie and deceive without consequences. Maybe this needs to change, so there are consequences. The current system favors corruption. Good lawyers will do the right thing by the law without force. Lawyers from the dark side need a push to do right.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is a commandment which is a portion of the law, full law is this: Matthew 22:37-40
No the law is singular. Unconditional love covers all the commandments. This why it is written that God is not a respected of persons

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
As Jesus said there would be MANY who come in his name but prove false at Matthew 7:21-23.
So, it is Not Christianity but rather 'Christendom' (so-called Christian but mostly in name only) that isn't working.
After 1st-century Christianity ended a great apostasy set in according to Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30.
Fake 'weed/tares' Christians would grow together with the genuine 'wheat' Christians until the Harvest Time.
The Harvest Time, the soon coming Time of Separation to take place on Earth at Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-34.
'More aggression' could be a causing factor for the 'powers in charge' to surprisingly turn on Christendom.
As some sort of a 'religious queen' Christendom thinks she will never see mourning or sorrow - Revelation 18:7
Service to self vs service to all as self.

Sheep vs goats

Tares vs wheat

Single eye vs double vision

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It has to do with atheism, secularism and the Democrat party platform influenced by the far Left. Up till recently, these three worked as a team to successfully make the public messaging of the church, taboo, using legal separation of church and state arguments. The watering down of the public Christian influence on culture is one source of the problem, since it decline correlates with the rise of aggression.

For example, a nativity scene, was very common at City Hall during the Christmas season, say 50 years ago. It depicts a new born child and peaceful animals. it is a very peaceful scene. This was defined as evil, and in violation of atheist sensibilities; babies became evil. Before, this symbolism used to have a positive impact on people. It symbolized the Christmas spirit of love and giving, since a small child and calm domestic animals, both meant innocence. They bring out the natural need to take care of them; spirit of giving. These other groups now teach abortion rights or the right to kill that child before it is born. Which of the two is more self serving and aggressive?

Former President Trump, stood up for the legally oppressed religious people, who saw their positive influence bottlenecked with legalities and misinformation. Trump, by a new example, did not turn the other cheek to the bullies, but worked hard to restore the positive messaging of life and love. This push back made these other three groups even more aggressive and even more deceptive. The riots of 2020 showed who the aggressors were, while the messaging was based on misinformation; mostly peaceful and the looter are not criminals or you are a racist.

When I was became a teenager, I chose to became part of the hippie and love generation. This movement came from Christianity. It was not coincidence that the young men dressed up looking like Jesus with a rough beard and women dressed down; poor but with unique style. Does anyone remember the Christians lessons of blessed are the poor, humble and peace makers?

This peace and love movement was against war and embraced alternate religions; Eastern Religions; Ghandi and Buddha, as well as many religions of the indigenous people; Indians. Some of these religions used drugs to hear and see god. This openness to other religions and practices was the honey and glue that brought a wide range of people under the same flag; peace symbol.

As a teen I considered myself to be a Liberal who looked for positive social change; Civil Rights. The new Liberal movement has no grounding in peace or love. It is based on dividing people into niches. They work hard to undermine unity of man and then blame others for the negative outcomes. Civil Rights and the peace movement made racism on the decline. This was the case, until the new Liberals brought this evil back, to use racism and sexism like a tool to divide and leverage power.

In the USA, the most violate places to live, are in Democrat Party controlled cities. In Chicago alone, there were over 1000 deaths by guns in a place that has some of the strongest gun laws. The idea of force and law being able to control behavior, does not work by demonstration. But it is still be pushed by the people who screwed up their own cities and who are unable to learn from their mistakes.

The opposite was the case, back when I was young. The Democrats cities of the north and west became positive metropolitan areas with a diversity of peaceful young people, acted as one family. It was nice to migrate between sub-cultures and feel welcome, instead of suspicion. The question is what are the new Democrats teaching that fails to live up to its former glory? What do they now promote things that make its cities, very violent? Their divide and conquer strategy instead of unify, has had negative consequences for all. They set up new sides, which then polarizes into two divided sides.

Many of the young people who were part of the love and peace movement would grow up to become leaders in state, local and federal government. But many also became self serving "Hippie-crates", doing the opposite of what they had preached to others, in their youth. Some have even done things even worse than Nixon, such as use the power of Government to spy on citizens, in violation of law, that is not enforced due to legal corruption and manipulation.

Law has reached the end of its positive usefulness since those in power, either good and evil, can make law that reflects their own needs. We need more checks and balances on lawyers. Are you aware that in trials, lawyers do not have to swear to tell the truth? They can lie and deceive without consequences. Maybe this needs to change, so there are consequences. The current system favors corruption. Good lawyers will do the right thing by the law without force. Lawyers from the dark side need a push to do right.
People need air, food, water, shelter, security, and love. You're worried about tradition.

Jesus was at odds with the conservatives of his time. Serving a religion isn't the same as serving your neighbor. You can't serve two masters.

Bathos Logos

You do not know anything about Christianity, do you?
If you wish to criticize Christians then do some research about us first. To criticise your own misconceptions is just silly...
Should I take this to mean that you point none of your hopes on positive outcomes to various situations that occur here on Earth to God?

And I have plenty of experience with Christians, believe me. I went to various churches for over 10 solid years, listened to all manner of sermons, and even attended "Bible Studies" at people's homes. I have had in-depth conversation with quite a few people hailing as "Christian", a pastor of one of the churches I attended, a nomadic wanderer who frequented the place I live for a while, and a few of my in-laws who were more open to honest discussion. Never particularly impressed by any of what was said or brought to the table, honestly. And believe me when I say that these people put massive amounts of their hope for their future, and the future for those around them in "God's hands". This is exactly what I was getting at. Pointing your hope at something you can't possibly know to exist.

Five Solas

Should I take this to mean that you point none of your hopes on positive outcomes to various situations that occur here on Earth to God?

And I have plenty of experience with Christians, believe me. I went to various churches for over 10 solid years, listened to all manner of sermons, and even attended "Bible Studies" at people's homes. I have had in-depth conversation with quite a few people hailing as "Christian", a pastor of one of the churches I attended, a nomadic wanderer who frequented the place I live for a while, and a few of my in-laws who were more open to honest discussion. Never particularly impressed by any of what was said or brought to the table, honestly. And believe me when I say that these people put massive amounts of their hope for their future, and the future for those around them in "God's hands". This is exactly what I was getting at. Pointing your hope at something you can't possibly know to exist.[/QUOTE
Pointing your hope at something you can't possibly know to exist.
If you do not know that God exists, then you are a non-believer. No discussion with whomever will make any impression on you.
God exists.
All Christians know that.
Want to know God? Read the Scriptures. It is God's own self-revelation

Bathos Logos

If you do not know that God exists, then you are a non-believer. No discussion with whomever will make any impression on you.
There just isn't enough compelling in what is said by any Christian. The "evidence" any of them have ever brought to the table in any discussions I have ever had (whether in-person or/ through media) is paltry and insufficient to account for any of the things they claim to "know". The very best they can point to is "personal experience" or "personal revelation". And that just doesn't jive with their adamant descriptions of a God who literally wants people to know Him and know of Him. He goes around giving "personal experiences" to certain people, but wants everyone to know Him? Ridiculous. And only excuses can be made from that point of the conversation. And that is just one, simple example of the contradictory types of "knowledge" that people are entirely capable of holding about their God. Yours may be different. For example, maybe you don't think that God wants everyone to know of Him. Perhaps you believe that since He knows He's going to separate the "wheat from the chaff" that He entirely accepts that He created some people to be the chaff. There are likely other attributes and standards you hold your God to that the stories of Him also easily and readily break. And this is because it is nearly impossible to maintain a consistent story about things you don't actually have concrete knowledge of. And in the case of God, most of what you can cite is indeed secondhand. Written accounts in a book, or what your parents or your pastor told you.

God exists.
How do you know? Please give specifics.

All Christians know that.
Then this should be easy. How do they know? Please give specifics.

Want to know God? Read the Scriptures. It is God's own self-revelation
How do you know that the scriptures are God's own self-revelation? Please give specifics.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
......How do you know that the scriptures are God's own self-revelation? Please give specifics.
I'd like to take the liberty to say that since the Bible is Not written like novel, we need to put the Bible in ABC order by subject, by topic.
Thus, we need to search, research the Bible, by topic or subject arrangement.
A comprehensive concordance puts the Bible in ABC order showing corresponding cross-reference verses and passages.
This is one way we can see the internal harmony between the many different Bible writers.
Genesis is how Paradise was lost, Revelation is how Paradise will be regained - Revelation 22:2
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity. 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8