• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is presented in standard Bibles, as the Biblical law, how it pertains to Christians.

2ndpillar

Okay, I get it. It sounds as if you believe in a literal seven (24-hour) day creation, and mankind's ability to have maintained a perfect record of each 7-day week since God took a "day of rest" after completing the Creation. See, to me, neither of those concepts make much sense. I do not believe in a young earth, a 7-day creation or perfect record keeping since "the beginning." I believe that God wants us to observe a day of rest once a week, to set aside that day as one where we worship Him and try to refocus on the blessings He's given us. I don't believe that He is so petty as to care whether we do that on a Friday, a Saturday or a Sunday, as long as we do it. Mormons are definitely committed to keeping the Sabbath Day holy, but we do observe it on Sunday, in commemoration of the day Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

As far as the Bible is concerned, we use the King James Version. It is one of four volumes of scripture we believe the Lord has given us for our edification and spiritual growth. Since we believe a general Apostasy took place shortly after the deaths of Christ's Apostles, we do not see the Roman Catholic Church as ever having held the authority Jesus Christ gave to Peter to lead the Church once He'd ascended to Heaven. It was, however, the Catholic Church who safeguarded the writings that now constitute the Christian Bible. While the Bible is definitely imperfect, it is most certainly far better than nothing. Any time human hands are involved in compiling, preserving, transcribing or translating an ancient text, there are going to be flaws in it. But without the Catholic Church, we would have no Bible at all today, so Mormons acknowledge the fact that they did give us what we now have, regardless of whether it is complete or inerrant..

I think God made himself plain. He said he created earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th, not the 3rd, or 4th of 1st day of the next week. It was to be a sign between him and His people. The sign between the dragon and his people is keeping the 8th day, the 1st day of the next week holy, such as when the lake of fire receives its sacrificial offering. "Christ" didn't rise on Sunday. On the eve of the 1st day of the week, he was already gone, 3 days and nights after he was buried, which was just before the eve of the high sabbath of the feast of Unleavened Bread (15th of Nissan), which was began on a Wednesday evening of the 14th day of Nissan/Passover. The day starts on the eve of the previous day. The "end of the Sabbath" is in the evening of the 7th day, not the morning of the following day. You have been duped.

King James Bible Matthew 28:1
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think God made himself plain. He said he created earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th, not the 3rd, or 4th of 1st day of the next week. It was to be a sign between him and His people. The sign between the dragon and his people is keeping the 8th day, the 1st day of the next week holy, such as when the lake of fire receives its sacrificial offering. "Christ" didn't rise on Sunday. On the eve of the 1st day of the week, he was already gone, 3 days and nights after he was buried, which was just before the eve of the high sabbath of the feast of Unleavened Bread (15th of Nissan), which was began on a Wednesday evening of the 14th day of Nissan/Passover. The day starts on the eve of the previous day. The "end of the Sabbath" is in the evening of the 7th day, not the morning of the following day. You have been duped.

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.
Thanks for sharing your input, but I have no interest in listening to any more of your rantings.

2ndpillar

I'm not sure what you're saying, here. What does 'end of the sabbath', mean to you?

A new day dawns at the end of the previous day. The end of the Sabbath day, is the beginning of the next day, the 1st day of the week. The Jewish day ends at sunset and begins after sunset. We are talking about when the sun goes down, not when the sun comes up. At sunset of the Sabbath, the grave was already empty. I quoted from KJB because I think one of the Mormons mentioned that was their official bible source. Whatever the source, the grave was empty when someone came to look. 3 days and 3 nights from the 14th of Nissan evening burial comes out to be an evening rising. The claimed Friday evening burial and before Sunday sunrise rising is a complete fiction and belies the sign of Jonah to be given.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The time frame for Revelation 20:6 is predicated by "will reign for a thousand years", which makes it at the beginning of the millennium. The 2nd resurrection is for the great white judgment, which is 1000 years later.

There is No baptism for dead people in Scripture. The dead are freed or acquitted as per Romans 6:7, 23.
Just as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges no longer stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges No longer stick. It is only the wicked who will be 'destroyed forever' as Psalms 92:7 says.

I find the ' second resurrection ' starts after calendar Day One of Jesus' 1,000 year reign.
At the end of the 1,000 years those already resurrected ones who turn away will loose out on everlasting life at that time. In other words, the physically resurrected dead will have plenty of time before the 1,000 year ends.

First of all, I find 'before' the 1,000 years starts there is a soon coming judgement, a time of separation, to take place on Earth among the living on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
So, what is of immediate concern is a ' final judgement' on Earth that happens before the 1,000 year begins.
The ' second resurrection ' people during the 1,000 years happens after Matthew 25:31-33.
Matthew 25:31-33 is what will soon take place here on Earth among the living people on Earth.

2ndpillar

There is No baptism for dead people in Scripture. The dead are freed or acquitted as per Romans 6:7, 23.
Just as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges no longer stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges No longer stick. It is only the wicked who will be 'destroyed forever' as Psalms 92:7 says.

While there is no baptism for the dead in "Scripture", there is baptism for the dead in the writings of Paul (1 Corinthians 15:9). And no, the wicked die twice, one's at the end of their lives, and once at the white throne judgment, at the end of the millennium, after being raised from the dead and judged (Revelation 20:13-15).

74x12

While there is no baptism for the dead in "Scripture", there is baptism for the dead in the writings of Paul (1 Corinthians 15:9). And no, the wicked die twice, one's at the end of their lives, and once at the white throne judgment, at the end of the millennium, after being raised from the dead and judged (Revelation 20:13-15).
Paul's point was that because they didn't believe in the resurrection then to them Jesus was still dead. So they had been baptized for a dead person. His point is that the resurrection is true and without believing in it we have no hope.

2ndpillar

Paul's point was that because they didn't believe in the resurrection then to them Jesus was still dead. So they had been baptized for a dead person. His point is that the resurrection is true and without believing in it we have no hope.

Good try. No prize though. The Sadducees, who did not believe in resurrection, were baptized, and were only warned with respect to producing good fruit (Matthew 3:7-10). The false prophet (Matthew 7:15) Paul has taken you down the "broad" "way" to "destruction", with his false gospel of grace/cross, and you apparently have no intention of leaving that highly populated road. (Matthew 7:13) The Pharisees believed in resurrection, yet it apparently wasn't helping.

New American Standard Bible 1 Corinthians 15:29
Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?

74x12

Good try. No prize though. The Sadducees, who did not believe in resurrection, were baptized, and were only warned with respect to producing good fruit (Matthew 3:7-10). The false prophet (Matthew 7:15) Paul has taken you down the "broad" "way" to "destruction", with his false gospel of grace/cross, and you apparently have no intention of leaving that highly populated road. (Matthew 7:13) The Pharisees believed in resurrection, yet it apparently wasn't helping.

New American Standard Bible 1 Corinthians 15:29
Otherwise, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?
Jesus lives forevermore. The way of cross leads home.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

A new day dawns at the end of the previous day. The end of the Sabbath day, is the beginning of the next day, the 1st day of the week. The Jewish day ends at sunset and begins after sunset. We are talking about when the sun goes down, not when the sun comes up. At sunset of the Sabbath, the grave was already empty. I quoted from KJB because I think one of the Mormons mentioned that was their official bible source. Whatever the source, the grave was empty when someone came to look. 3 days and 3 nights from the 14th of Nissan evening burial comes out to be an evening rising. The claimed Friday evening burial and before Sunday sunrise rising is a complete fiction and belies the sign of Jonah to be given.

Reckoning that way, the 'Jewish sabbat', doesn't start on the 7th, it starts on the 6th[since that jewish day starts at sundown.

Jews observe a 6th day sabbat, according to that.[in other words, to our calendar.

To our calendar, the Jewish Shabbat, would start on Saturday evening.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Reckoning that way, the 'Jewish sabbat', doesn't start on the 7th, it starts on the 6th[since that jewish day starts at sundown.

Jews observe a 6th day sabbat, according to that.[in other words, to our calendar.

The Jewish Sabbath starts after sundown of the 6th day, the 7th day of the week. The solar calendar you use as "our calendar" was instituted by the "beast" of Revelation 13:4 as Pontifex Maxim

Your "our calendar", a solar calendar, was instituted by the beast of Revelation 13:4, as he, as emperor of Rome, had usurped that position from the chief priests of the pagan religion. In this way you worship the "beast", even though his solar calendar was modified slightly by the Pontifex Maximus, the Pontiff of the Roman Church, pope Gregory.

2ndpillar

Jesus lives forevermore. The way of cross leads home.

Yeshua may live "forever more" but "every one" including you, "will die for his own iniquity" (Jeremiah 31:30)

The false gospel of grace/cross, the "broad" "way", leads to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13).

74x12

Yeshua may live "forever more" but "every one" including you, "will die for his own iniquity" (Jeremiah 31:30)

The false gospel of grace/cross, the "broad" "way", leads to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13).
Then you don't believe Jesus when He says:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:26)

2ndpillar

Then you don't believe Jesus when He says:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:26)

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, but many people have "believeth in me" and have died. You might want to check the preceding sentence (John 11:25). The serpent and his sons, preach the gospel of you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:3). A more clear cut statement of Yeshua is that if you don't heed his testimony, you shall "fall" (Matthew 7:24-27). Yeshua is the "word made flesh", the Law and the prophets, if one doesn't believe and follow the word, one will "fall". Apparently, the "many" are on that "broad" "way" to "destruction".(Matthew 7:13).

New American Standard Bible John11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Muffled

Jesus in me
According to the unknown writer of Hebrews 8:13, supposedly a friend of the false prophet Paul, it is "obsolete". According to Yeshua per Matthew 5:18, if there is still a "heaven and earth", it is still in effect.

I believe that attribution has no foundation.

I believe the verse does not say it is in effect only that it still exists.

I believe the author wrote that of the covenant not of the law but the old covenant was a covenant of law and the new covenant a covenant of grace. There is no doubt that grace supersedes law.

Rom. 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, but many people have "believeth in me" and have died. You might want to check the preceding sentence (John 11:25). The serpent and his sons, preach the gospel of you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:3). A more clear cut statement of Yeshua is that if you don't heed his testimony, you shall "fall" (Matthew 7:24-27). Yeshua is the "word made flesh", the Law and the prophets, if one doesn't believe and follow the word, one will "fall". Apparently, the "many" are on that "broad" "way" to "destruction".(Matthew 7:13).

New American Standard Bible John11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

I believe this is a prophecy that will be fulfilled in The Kingdom of God but that hasn't come yet so the prophecy is still valid even though people die now. In the future they will not die.

Rev. 22:5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever

2ndpillar

I believe this is a prophecy that will be fulfilled in The Kingdom of God but that hasn't come yet so the prophecy is still valid even though people die now. In the future they will not die.

Rev. 22:5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever

At the beginning of the millennium, the righteous who have died will arise from the dead and reign during the millennium. (Revelation 20:4). The unrighteous will remain in the grave (Revelation 20:5). Those of "Zion", who escape death during the "awesome day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) will die after the age of 100, or thought to be accursed (Isaiah 65:20).