• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is presented in standard Bibles, as the Biblical law, how it pertains to Christians.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Pretty sure Jesus is ruling............

I find Jesus is the figurative ' stone ' of Daniel 2:34-35,45 that will rule or govern over Earth for a thousand years before Jesus, as King of God's Kingdom, hands back God's kingdom to his God as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

In the meantime, Jesus is ruling/governing over his congregation of genuine ' wheat ' Christians.

Pretty sure Jesus is ruling. He is the statues and he has Christs
I find Jesus is the figurative ' stone ' of Daniel 2:34-35,45 that will rule or govern over Earth for a thousand years before Jesus, as King of God's Kingdom, hands back God's kingdom to his God as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.

In the meantime, Jesus is ruling/governing over his congregation of genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
Im thinking im in a time loop, till I absolve on myself, into a God universe of my own colors.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Your problem is that you are trying to justify our position by quoting the false prophet Paul. In Galatians 5:16, Paul says if you "walk by the Spirit".. "you will not carry out the desire of the flesh", whereas in Romans 7:25, "I am serving" "the law of sin" with "my flesh". You might want to consider the hypocrisy of your leader and teacher Paul.
I don't know what part of this, you aren't understanding.

Jesus did not practice, what we know as Judaism. The Biblical Christians, disagreed with the 'priests' [whatever assortment that was, on various things.

all of this is clear, via the text.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That was with respect to one must love me more than father or mother, and will have to lose ones previous life to find his life (Matthew 10:34-38), which follows one must not deny me (Matthew 10:33), which Peter did apparently 3 times. Apparently, Peter's heir, the pope, is "God on earth", and is leader, teacher, and father of the Roman church. The Protestant church is simply the daughter of the Roman church. Like mother, like daughter.
Was it? Or is the cross, the traditional symbol, for Jesus followers, and, Jesus, was telling them to take up their symbols? [Jesus followers.

All of this extra stuff, you keep talking about, has nothing to do, with the thread premise. Did you even read the thread premise?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The command to do/live the Law was given to my Jewish people only, not the nations of Gentiles, and not Muslims.

Given to Jewish people

How is my post totally untrue? I'm not a legalist, and no Christian, Jewish or Gentile, is required to keep any part of the Law.
No Jewish is required...?

Do you understand, how you just used the word, Jewish, in two different ways? I'm not going to 'guess', what you mean, every time you write the word, Jewish.

2ndpillar

You seem to put up as down and down as up. The ruler of the world is not Yeshua (John 14:30). The tare seed would be the message of the "enemy" (Mt 13:25), the false prophet Paul, which is you "surely shall not die" (Genesis 3:3), but be changed in a twinkling of an eye into incorruptible. "Every one will die for his own iniquity" (Jeremiah 31:30). As for 1 Corinthians 15, are you a Mormon, and baptized for the dead? (1 Cor 15:29)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Given to Jewish people

No Jewish is required...?

Do you understand, how you just used the word, Jewish, in two different ways? I'm not going to 'guess', what you mean, every time you write the word, Jewish.

Happy to help!

The Jewish people as a race were given the Law, the ancient Israelites, the Hebrews. No born again person, born again Gentile or born again Jew, needs to keep the Law, unless they choose to.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Happy to help!

The Jewish people as a race were given the Law, the ancient Israelites, the Hebrews. No born again person, born again Gentile or born again Jew, needs to keep the Law, unless they choose to.
Gentiles is differentiated from Jews, in the text, by religion, previous to the revelations given by Moses.
So, Abraham, is a Gentile, in the text. The Abrahamic Covenant, is given to Gentiles, [the Israelites, in the text.
Called the Covenant of Faith, unto the Gentiles.

Book of Galatians.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Abrahamic Covenant, is given to Gentiles, [the Israelites, in the text.
Called the Covenant of Faith, unto the Gentiles.
But the Abrahamic Covenant involves the necessity of circumcising boys on the eighth day after birth, which the vast majority of gentiles have never done. What's called for in the Gospels is referred to as a "new covenant".

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But the Abrahamic Covenant involves the necessity of circumcising boys on the eighth day after birth, which the vast majority of gentiles have never done. What's called for in the Gospels is referred to as a "new covenant".
Verses?
Are you saying that the new covenant , isn't the Abrahamic Covenant, to the Gentiles?

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Galatians 1:12
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
[KJV]
Talking about the Gospel, here.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Galatians 2:8

the Covenant unto the Gentiles, clearly means non'circumcision, in the Biblical context, or Christian context.

metis

Verses?
Are you saying that the new covenant , isn't the Abrahamic Covenant, to the Gentiles?
The Abrahamic Covenant was only for what became known as "Jews" because of circumcision being necessary on the 8th day after birth:

Gen.17[10] This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your descendants after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.
  1. [11] You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you.
  2. [12] He that is eight days old among you shall be circumcised; every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house, or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring,
  3. [13] both he that is born in your house and he that is bought with your money, shall be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.
  4. [14] Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Abrahamic Covenant was only for what became known as "Jews" because of circumcision being necessary on the 8th day after birth:

Gen.17[10] This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your descendants after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.
  1. [11] You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you.
  2. [12] He that is eight days old among you shall be circumcised; every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house, or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring,
  3. [13] both he that is born in your house and he that is bought with your money, shall be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.
  4. [14] Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."
The Book of Galatians clearly, says, that the Abrahamic Covenant, to the Gentiles, is the Christian Covenant.
You are directly disagreeing with the Bible.
Now, it is called the Covenant of Faith, and relates, to the nations, that Abrahams covenant, relates to.

So, what is your explanation,
Are you ok with disagreeing with the Bible, or not?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Covenant of Faith=Abraham
Covenant if Faith=Christians, the nations[Gentiles

Both given by Christ[G'd, according to the Bible.

Last edited:

metis

The Book of Galatians clearly, says, that the Abrahamic Covenant, to the Gentiles, is the Christian Covenant.
You are directly disagreeing with the Bible.
So, quoting the verses I posted is "disagreeing with the Bible"?

No, it is the Covenant of Faith, to the Gentiles. As opposed to the law,...
The Abrahamic Covenant in Genesis was given prior to what we call the "Law" provided by Moses, and the "law" given by Abraham mandated "circumcision".
It might make sense, but you are still disagreeing with the Bible, and, I'm going to go with what is clearly stated in the Bible, not your theories.
You simply do not know what you're talking about as you do not understand the nature of the Abrahamic Covenant and what it mandates, plus you confuse the Covenant with the Law.

Anyhow, believe what you want as I'm sure you will based on your previous performances and accusations towards others who may dare to disagree with you.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So, quoting the verses I posted is "disagreeing with the Bible"?

The Abrahamic Covenant in Genesis was given prior to what we call the "Law" provided by Moses, and the "law" given by Abraham mandated "circumcision".
You simply do not know what you're talking about as you do not understand the nature of the Abrahamic Covenant and what it mandates, plus you confuse the Covenant with the Law.

Anyhow, believe what you want, as I'm sure you will based on your previous performances and accusations towards others who may dare to disagree with you.
No, it's you who are conflating the covenant with the law, the New Testament, clearly draws a distinction. [As there is a difference, in Jewish belief, you should have known that.

Nothing 'clear', about your argument, it's a mess.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Galatians 2:16
Galatians 3:6
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
[KJV]
Galatians 3:7
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
[KJV]
Galatians 3:8
And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying in thee shall all nations be blessed.
[KJV]

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Galatians 5:2
Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
[KJV]
This doesn't include, jews who are circumcised, then join the Covenant of Faith, [Christ, it means, those who choose to circumcise themselves, or presumably practice circumcision, [de facto choice of circumcision.
Galatians 5:3
For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to the whole law.
[KJV]
The blessed Apostle Paul, relates circumcision, to the law, not the Covenant of Faith, unto Abraham[Christ, unto the Gentiles.

Do you believe that the Apostle Paul, is contradicting himself? If circumcision is part of the Covenant of faith, unto Abraham, and the Gentiles, then why does he say that Christians who practice Circumcision, aren't in the Covenant of Faith, but are debtors, to the whole law?