• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHat is Passover?

rosends

How were they guilty, and how does their guilt make it historical?
They had police records. Why would that make it any more historical than if they didn't?
Your question was about the historicity of killing innocent babies as if their status as innocent calls the historical existence of the event into question.

I see. So god couldn't properly explain himself the first time 'round. Now I get it. Must've been the use of Hebrew. Good thing he switched to Greek.
God isn’t the one that has a problem understanding things or communicating truth. People are spiritually blind and dead.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
God isn’t the one that has a problem understanding things or communicating truth. People are spiritually blind and dead.
This is such a weak answer though.

Perhaps you are just spiritually blind and dead to Horus.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I see. So god couldn't properly explain himself the first time 'round. Now I get it. Must've been the use of Hebrew. Good thing he switched to Greek.

Hebrew seems to be a language that only the Jews can understand. Most of the Jews rejected Jesus so the lingua franca of the day was Greek and the word of God, the Gospel, the Law of God, has gone from Jerusalem to the world so that we all can be God's chosen ones.

Sooo...god was unable to create men that could understand him the first time 'round. Got it.
He did and if you read Genesis you would have understanding that because of sin death came to the human race and why their is such ignorance now about people believing God somehow made a mistake when it’s people that rebelled against God and still eating from the wrong tree.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
He did and if you read Genesis you would have understanding that because of sin death came to the human race and why their is such ignorance now about people believing God somehow made a mistake when it’s people that rebelled against God and still eating from the wrong tree.
So you're saying that somewhere in the Exodus story it says that the Passover lamb is an atonement sacrifice and I've missed it this whole time?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
What's it like living inside a guy with a falcon head?
Warm. And he can fly and stuff. Also his left eye is damaged and that's like my near-blind left eye so it's also familiar. Way better than being with a guy nailed to a cross and whatnot!

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
It's nearly 1pm. I should probably get out of bed and read Genesis or something.....

Won't tell me anything about Pesach tho.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Hebrew seems to be a language that only the Jews can understand. Most of the Jews rejected Jesus so the lingua franca of the day was Greek and the word of God, the Gospel, the Law of God, has gone from Jerusalem to the world so that we all can be God's chosen ones.
Maybe you misunderstood me. You said that Jesus is like the Passover lamb and he came to atone for man's sins. My question is how could such a comparison be made, when the Passover lamb is not an atonement sacrifice. You replied by stating something along the lines of it (the idea that the Passover lamb is an atonement sacrifice) not being made clear there (in the Book of Exodus). This suggests some sort of godly fallibility, which was then supposedly corrected in the NT, which was originally written in Greek.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It's nearly 1pm. I should probably get out of bed and read Genesis or something.....

Won't tell me anything about Pesach tho.
Lot gave the angels matzah. Just sayin'.

Oh wait, I shouldn't say that. It suggests I know something about Genesis. Never mind.