• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHat is Passover?

@Harel13
Yes I did read what you sent, I didn’t agree with your views on those scriptures for example: it doesn’t say you can’t shave your face or use a razor, it says don’t have the same haircut as pagans do.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@Harel13
Yes I did read what you sent, I didn’t agree with your views on those scriptures for example: it doesn’t say you can’t shave your face or use a razor, it says don’t have the same haircut as pagans do.
I'm happy to know you read the whole thing. I find it curious that you latched onto the shaving. Should I gather you have nothing to say about the rest of the points?

Anyway, according to Judaism, those verses point to the prohibition of shaving with a razor. It's paganic stuff. It was never my intention to convince you not to do it, merely to explain why various aspects of Christianity are paganic according to Judaism.

I'm happy to know you read the whole thing. I find it curious that you latched onto the shaving. Should I gather you have nothing to say about the rest of the points?

Anyway, according to Judaism, those verses point to the prohibition of shaving with a razor. It's paganic stuff. It was never my intention to convince you not to do it, merely to explain why various aspects of Christianity are paganic according to Judaism.
It was the first one, will get to the rest

Okay then. Tomorrow night is Shabbat and the next night is the first night of Passover (yes, just like the thread title), so you'll have plenty of time.
The Lamb:
“We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:6-7‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭91:3-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬
God uses these type of descriptions all through Scriptures, look at Jacob’s blessing for his sons, Daniels visions.
Don’t agree with you at all on your opinions on that, God isn’t a literal animal,’animals are used as symbols and types, unlike pagan gods are literal animals.

@Harel13
As far as a mediator, Moses was a mediator and type of Christ, the Levitical priesthood where only the Priest could enter in the Most Holy Place behind the veil to offer sacrifices on behalf of the
people. The Prophets were also inquired of as speaking the Word of the Lord to the people. The NT is the revealing of the OT. When I got saved and born again I could see Jesus Christ all through the OT. I don’t see Easter, Christmas and holidays like that being celebrated in Scripture and disagree with these. I can see the birth of Christ but when was He really born and why didn’t the early Church celebrate this holiday.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is it Jewish or Christian or both?
I don't know if anyone gave you a rundown of what Passover entails, and we've only got two days to go. I'll try to be brief. Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's post.

During the eight days of Passover we do not any leaven (chametz). We only eat unleavened bread (matzah). This recalls the "bread of haste" that was made the night the Israelites had to scurry out of town before Pharaoh changed his mind and said, No way Jose you are still my slaves, even after the angel of death had wiped out the first born of all save the Jews.

We hold a special Seder meal on the first two nights of Passover. These first two days have most of the same rules as the Sabbath; they are especially sacred. Seder means order -- it is a ritual meal. Everything is said in the present, so that we are actually going through the exodus ourselves.

The middle matzah in the center of the stack on the table is broken and part of it is hidden for later.

There is a plate with six ritual symbolic foods on it. They symbolize our suffering and tears, the bitterness of slavery, even the mortar with which we laid the bricks.

There is the telling of the story of the exodus.

There is a lot of child involvement such as the child who asks, "Why is this night different from all other nights," and the four children asking questions, One wise, one wicked, one simple and one who does not know how to ask a question; what they ask and how we respond to them.

We send the children looking for the hidden matzah of course.

During the meal, four cups of wine are drunk (usually we don't fill our cups up all the way so that we don't get smashed!). One cup on the table is for Elijah. We send a child outside of the house to look for Elijah, and then when they come in, the wine has mysteriously been drunk!

There is much, much, much more, but at least you have a taste. It is followed by a normal kosher for Passover meal that is the best of food, a real feast. There is singing and discussion late into the night.

The Seder ends with a hopeful "Next year in Jerusalem!"

At least that is a taste for you. You see how it is all Jewish. It is all the Exodus.

I don't know if anyone gave you a rundown of what Passover entails, and we've only got two days to go. I'll try to be brief. Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's post.

During the eight days of Passover we do not any leaven (chametz). We only eat unleavened bread (matzah). This recalls the "bread of haste" that was made the night the Israelites had to scurry out of town before Pharaoh changed his mind and said, No way Jose you are still my slaves, even after the angel of death had wiped out the first born of all save the Jews.

We hold a special Seder meal on the first two nights of Passover. These first two days have most of the same rules as the Sabbath; they are especially sacred. Seder means order -- it is a ritual meal. Everything is said in the present, so that we are actually going through the exodus ourselves.

The middle matzah in the center of the stack on the table is broken and part of it is hidden for later.

There is a plate with six ritual symbolic foods on it. They symbolize our suffering and tears, the bitterness of slavery, even the mortar with which we laid the bricks.

There is the telling of the story of the exodus.

There is a lot of child involvement such as the child who asks, "Why is this night different from all other nights," and the four children asking questions, One wise, one wicked, one simple and one who does not know how to ask a question; what they ask and how we respond to them.

We send the children looking for the hidden matzah of course.

During the meal, four cups of wine are drunk (usually we don't fill our cups up all the way so that we don't get smashed!). One cup on the table is for Elijah. We send a child outside of the house to look for Elijah, and then when they come in, the wine has mysteriously been drunk!

There is much, much, much more, but at least you have a taste. It is followed by a normal kosher for Passover meal that is the best of food, a real feast. There is singing and discussion late into the night.

The Seder ends with a hopeful "Next year in Jerusalem!"

At least that is a taste for you. You see how it is all Jewish. It is all the Exodus.
We also celebrate the Passover as believers in Christ and see Him revealed in this feast, but apparently this is frowned upon in some establishments.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
We also celebrate the Passover as believers in Christ and see Him revealed in this feast, but apparently this is frowned upon in some establishments.
Oh, I don't mind. As I said in one post somewhere, it seems like Passover is spilling out of its Jewish bounds. Blacks celebrate it to remember their own time of slavery and how their ancestors resonated with the Exodus story for example.

Oh, I don't mind. As I said in one post somewhere, it seems like Passover is spilling out of its Jewish bounds. Blacks celebrate it to remember their own time of slavery and how their ancestors resonated with the Exodus story for example.
That’s true to, being delivered from sin and escaping the worldly system to worship God.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Don’t agree with you at all on your opinions on that, God isn’t a literal animal,’animals are used as symbols and types, unlike pagan gods are literal animals.
Incorrect. I mean, Native American tribes had animal spirits, those were animals, but I'm not talking about those. Read up on Egyptian mythology. The livestock were symbols of these gods. These same deities were at time depicted with animal heads and at time with human heads. Symbolism, all. Greek and Roman deities didn't even have animal heads, but they had sacred animals. Jesus is the same. Again, I'm not here to claim that Christianity copied from pagan myths, but to explain that just as one reason the Roman religion isn't viable for Jews is because of these "sacred" animals, so, too Christianity, which turned a regular dude into a "sacred" animal.