• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHat is Passover?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, we’ve sinned and no amount of good works are going to be good enough to stand in the judgement. I’m glad I have Jesus Christ speaking on my behalf, He is my covering, my righteousness. Right now you’re on your own
I don't need someone to mediate between myself and my God. I don't need someone to be a human sacrifice for me - that's called an abomination. I don't need to place my belief in someone who failed every single messianic test there is. I don't need any of this. No-one needed any of this for well over 3,000 years. No thanks.

I don't need someone to mediate between myself and my God. I don't need someone to be a human sacrifice for me - that's called an abomination. I don't need to place my belief in someone who failed every single messianic test there is. I don't need any of this. No-one needed any of this for well over 3,000 years. No thanks.
Jesus didn’t fail, He rose from the dead. He fulfilled the prophecies written about Him.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
1200px-Horus_as_falcon.svg.png

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You said my theological views were antisemitic, how is this one passage antisemitic?
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
Go back and read my posts. I said the NT is antisemitic. I did not say you or your theology are antisemitic. Unless your theology is solely rooted in the words of the NT?

What's problematic about that verse is that it presents the leaders of the Jews - and yes, leadership represents the public - as lazy and hypocritical.

Go back and read my posts. I said the NT is antisemitic. I did not say you or your theology are antisemitic. Unless your theology is solely rooted in the words of the NT?

What's problematic about that verse is that it presents the leaders of the Jews - and yes, leadership represents the public - as lazy and hypocritical.
You wrote absurd things like this:
I highly recommend taking all of your anti-Jewish theology, and take a huge step backwards. Having done that, take another one. Repeat exactly one million times. Having done so, repeat that until you've fallen out of the atmosphere, because thanks to Christians, people worldwide believe that Isaiah thought the earth was flat.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You wrote absurd things like this:
I highly recommend taking all of your anti-Jewish theology, and take a huge step backwards. Having done that, take another one. Repeat exactly one million times. Having done so, repeat that until you've fallen out of the atmosphere, because thanks to Christians, people worldwide believe that Isaiah thought the earth was flat.
Got me there. My mistake. I apologize for that. However, I didn't deny in my other post that I think that Christian theology is antisemitic, because I do think that. Not much to be done about that, unless, just maybe, Christians will denounce the antisemitic statements in the NT.

Also, it's not absurd. Wrongful Christian interpretation of the term חוג הארץ has convinced the world that Isaiah thought the world is flat.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then this bloke said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Christians sit in Jesus’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their hats wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honour at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Pastor’ by others.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Christians, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Christians, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

[...]

“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your Churches and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

@ElishaElijah How does this sound to you?

Thanks, appreciated. It's important for clarifying Judaism's issues with Christianity.
Then this bloke said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Christians sit in Jesus’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their hats wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honour at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Pastor’ by others.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Christians, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Christians, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

[...]

“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your Churches and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

@ElishaElijah How does this sound to you?
I don’t see this as antisemitic, the leaders were hypocrites, added to the law their interpretation, they had no problem bringing the woman caught in adultery to be stoned and condemned. Where was the man? Some religious leaders like Nicodemus were different.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don’t see this as antisemitic, the leaders were hypocrites, added to the law their interpretation, they had no problem bringing the woman caught in adultery to be stoned and condemned. Where was the man? Some religious leaders like Nicodemus were different.
You do realise all of these beliefs you have about the Jewish leaders at that period come only from the NT, yes? Could you name any? Do you know what they did? Do you know in what sense they were apparently hypocritical? And yes, committing adultery and being seen by 2+ witnesses is enough to send you to trial; the law against adultery and its punishment is in both the written and oral law. The Pharisees did literally nothing wrong here. The man may not have been condemnable, if he were not married.

You do realise all of these beliefs you have about the Jewish leaders at that period come only from the NT, yes? Could you name any? Do you know what they did? Do you know in what sense they were apparently hypocritical? And yes, committing adultery and being seen by 2+ witnesses is enough to send you to trial; the law against adultery and its punishment is in both the written and oral law. The Pharisees did literally nothing wrong here. The man may not have been condemnable, if he were not married.
What? If the woman was married and the man single then he is innocent? The Pharisees were supposed to bring both people.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What? If the woman was married and the man single then he is innocent? The Pharisees were supposed to bring both people.
There are rules for who is and isn't condemnable. If you're unmarried you can't commit adultery. Adultery is sleeping around when you're married. Who exactly has he been disloyal to? He just had intercourse. The woman committed adultery.

There are rules for who is and isn't condemnable. If you're unmarried you can't commit adultery. Adultery is sleeping around when you're married. Who exactly has he been disloyal to? He just had intercourse. The woman committed adultery.
If a single guy has sex with a married woman it’s adultery for both, where do you come up with your ideas?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you like examples of the religious leaders from Moses day? Time of the Judges? Kings? Nobles in Nehemiah’s Day?
I recommend you either tag the person you're replying to or quote their post, so they know you're talking to them.