• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHat is Passover?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as “works” ... Some people try to work their way to Heaven, which is impossible, some receive the gift and show they have by their works.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I'm not bothered by what Christian scriptures say, the Torah is clearly works and faith based.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Describe your faith and what basis you are going to have when you stand before God at the judgement.
My faith involves doing god works, being good and actively refraining from doing/being bad. Hopefully I will have been good enough to enter a kind of heaven or rebirth.

Did I say that my faith is the Torah?

And, um, yes, the Torah is full of commandments. These are the things HaShem wants you to do. It couldn't really be any clearer.
Where did you get the idea that if you do good things and try to avoid bad things that will be good enough for rebirth or obtain eternal life, or be able to stand in the presence of God on that Day?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Where did you get the idea that if you do good things and try to avoid bad things that will be good enough for rebirth or obtain eternal life, or be able to stand in the presence of God on that Day?
Do you have any idea how morality works?

Are you asking whether I'm the antichrist or whether I'm against Christianity?

And you have yet to answer my other question. You know, the list.
Will take me some time to answer the list, but you saying I’m antisemitic would be the same as me saying you’re antichrist.

Never said you were antisemitic. Go back and read my posts.
You said my theological views were antisemitic, how is this one passage antisemitic?
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I do, but where did you get the idea that if you do good works and avoid bad things that will be good enough to be able to stand in that Day? Whose idea is that? Yours?
So you know how justice works? You do bad things you're punished, you do good things you're rewarded. It's a pretty basic concept, you don't really need a religion to tell you this. This is how a court system works. Any other system would be unfair, in heaven or earth.

Are you asking whether I'm the antichrist or whether I'm against Christianity?

And you have yet to answer my other question. You know, the list.
“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
““But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting.””
‭‭Micah‬ ‭5:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
So yes on the first one

So you know how justice works? You do bad things you're punished, you do good things you're rewarded. It's a pretty basic concept, you don't really need a religion to tell you this. This is how a court system works. Any other system would be unfair, in heaven or earth.
So when a person commits a crime deserving punishment and they say to the judge that they have done a lot of good things so you should let me off, that will work? Have you lied, stolen, committed adultery, murder, coveted or been envious whether in your heart or actually done these? God’s standards are a lot more strict than ours. No one can stand in the judgement on their own, we are all guilty. Someone paid the penalty for crimes, Jesus Christ did that for me and gave
me His righteousness instead. Proved that by giving me the Holy Spirit as the guarantee.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So when a person commits a crime deserving punishment and they say to the judge that they have done a lot of good things so you should let me off, that will work? Have you lied, stolen, committed adultery, murder, coveted or been envious whether in your heart or actually done these? God’s standards are a lot more strict than ours. No one can stand in the judgement on their own, we are all guilty. Someone paid the penalty for crimes, Jesus Christ did that for me and gave
me His righteousness instead. Proved that by giving me the Holy Spirit as the guarantee.
No-one can take your sin,

Ezekiel 18:20:
The soul that sins, it shall die; a son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father shall not bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

No-one can take your sin,

Ezekiel 18:20:
The soul that sins, it shall die; a son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father shall not bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:5-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:5-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Haven't we been over this?

Haven't we been over this?
Yeah, we’ve sinned and no amount of good works are going to be good enough to stand in the judgement. I’m glad I have Jesus Christ speaking on my behalf, He is my covering, my righteousness. Right now you’re on your own