• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is our life?

Mark Dohle

upload_2019-1-27_15-49-11.png

What is our life?

I wonder why we tend to cling,
impossible though it is to hold on
to so many ‘things’ in our lives.

Clinging will destroy a friendship,
or even marriage if it is too needy,
children also grow away from their parents,
painful as that must be,
yet parents if they don’t let go
stall another kind of relationship,
a deeper one, between equals,
though being a father and mother
seems to be an endless job,
it just changes.

Aging is feared,
a waste of time, for tick tock!

We can’t cling to the day, minute nor the hour,
so fast is the tempo of our lives,
even if we sit, and do nothing,
tick tock!

Even faith, if clung to, becomes rigid,
bitter even, because faith also grows,
matures, and changes in its perceptions.

If we don’t go deeper in and higher up,
we stay in the same land, imprisoned,
while others pass us by.

We seek happiness,
yet often don’t know we have it
till someone, or something is lost.

Yet one step at a time,
we make our pilgrimage,
trusting in God to bring us home,
or if many do not,
we pray that all will
compete the journey.—Br.MD

“Have you noticed how often the work of the humble has to be done again? Put all your heart into it, knowing that you please Me. And since you want to live for Me, since you want to see everything in relation to Me, and pattern your life after Me, then consider how short the time is that remains for you on earth. You can give Me glory in that time. Give it to Me unstintingly.”

Bossis, Gabrielle. He and I (Kindle Locations 2235-2238). Pauline Books and Media. Kindle Edition.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Interesting romantic view, of the human desire for immortality, sense of community and belonging, sense of identity, This is part of the story of how people justify what they believe in a multitude of diverse belief systems.

Mark Dohle

Interesting romantic view, of the human desire for immortality, sense of community and belonging, sense of identity, This is part of the story of how people justify what they believe in a multitude of diverse belief systems.
I do believe people have faith in diverse systems of belief is because those who practice them, and hopefully study them, makes sense. Add to that personal experience, well it makes sense.

Just as science will always be learning more about this wonderful world, so will faith paths hopefully mature and grow as well. If they become an ideology, they will die. If the mystery stays intact along with humility, then it will grow and continue to help others go deeper into the meaning of our lives. Something science cannot do.

Peace
Mark

Last edited:

wellwisher

The brain has two centers of consciousness; ego and inner self. The ego is the center of the conscious mind, while the inner self, which is much older, is the center of the unconscious mind.

The ego is new in terms of Evolution or Creation, depending on your POV. It is in the order of 6000-10,000 years old. Before that, the inner self, as the natural center of the human brain, integrated pre-human consciousness via genetic based instinct. The ego, as the secondary center, stems from the inner self, like a satellite, and has its own capacity for autonomy; will and choice.

The manifestation of the ego is dependent on energy output from the inner self. Loss of soul, that is common in primitive cultures, is connected to insufficient inner self energy, for the ego to remain stable. The ego center becomes to unstable, for willpower and choice. It needs a reboot.

The net affect is the autonomy of the ego, allows it make to choices that impact the energy balance of the brain and inner self. The inner self provides constant feedback and the energy supply to the ego. A utopian dream may make the ego feel good based on choices, but if this hurts the energy balance of the inner self; lowers the set point, the ego can lose energy; loss of soul.

People who commit suicide, as an extreme example, makes choices and/or have chemical based moods that weaken the inner self set point and energy flow from the inner self to the ego. The ego can become to frail, to reverse the tide of decline. The inner self will need the ego to sacrifice itself, so it can be reborn; rebooted. However, if one is an externalists, and does not understand internal feedback and its symbolism, the reboot is often done literally; death. Sacrifice and reborn symbolism from the inner self is about an ego reboot; phoenix. It is similar to computer that has become unstable. It needs to be rebooted and not just thrown in the trash.

Religion is less about the secular needs of the ego, but more about maintaining the correct energy balance in the inner self, as way to maximize the energy budget for the ego. It is a paradox, where less if often more.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The brain has two centers of consciousness; ego and inner self. The ego is the center of the conscious mind, while the inner self, which is much older, is the center of the unconscious mind.

The ego is new in terms of Evolution or Creation, depending on your POV. It is in the order of 6000-10,000 years old. Before that, the inner self, as the natural center of the human brain, integrated pre-human consciousness via genetic based instinct. The ego, as the secondary center, stems from the inner self, like a satellite, and has its own capacity for autonomy; will and choice.

In terms of the scientific, evolutionary view, and that of the Baha'i Faith and Hinduism, what you call the ego is more ancient and likely as old as primal humans were human. The Neanderthal and other sub-species related to homo sapiens likely had and ego.

{quote] The manifestation of the ego is dependent on energy output from the inner self. Loss of soul, that is common in primitive cultures, is connected to insufficient inner self energy, for the ego to remain stable. The ego center becomes to unstable, for willpower and choice. It needs a reboot. [/quote]

No sure what this means

The net affect is the autonomy of the ego, allows it make to choices that impact the energy balance of the brain and inner self. The inner self provides constant feedback and the energy supply to the ego. A utopian dream may make the ego feel good based on choices, but if this hurts the energy balance of the inner self; lowers the set point, the ego can lose energy; loss of soul.

People who commit suicide, as an extreme example, makes choices and/or have chemical based moods that weaken the inner self set point and energy flow from the inner self to the ego. The ego can become to frail, to reverse the tide of decline. The inner self will need the ego to sacrifice itself, so it can be reborn; rebooted. However, if one is an externalists, and does not understand internal feedback and its symbolism, the reboot is often done literally; death. Sacrifice and reborn symbolism from the inner self is about an ego reboot; phoenix. It is similar to computer that has become unstable. It needs to be rebooted and not just thrown in the trash.

Religion is less about the secular needs of the ego, but more about maintaining the correct energy balance in the inner self, as way to maximize the energy budget for the ego. It is a paradox, where less if often more.

Not sure this subjective view is something I can respond to.