• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is on the other side of a black hole?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I do not know if I post this in the correct area so please move it if I posted in the wrong thread.

So to my question.
In science they speak of black holes, but can they say what is on the other side? or is it an other side?

As far as I know, in religious cosmology, I do not think black holes have been mentioned, but does that mean that the religious teachers like Jesus and Buddha did not know, or is as simple that it does not matter to the cause of religion to know about this things?

Does it matter if we know or do not know what a black hole is?

I do not know if I will take part in the discussion because honestly, I do not know anything about black holes.
Suskind insisted..information is not lost

what that means to you as you enter....remains unknown

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not know if I post this in the correct area so please move it if I posted in the wrong thread.

So to my question.
In science they speak of black holes, but can they say what is on the other side? or is it an other side?

As far as I know, in religious cosmology, I do not think black holes have been mentioned, but does that mean that the religious teachers like Jesus and Buddha did not know, or is as simple that it does not matter to the cause of religion to know about this things?

Does it matter if we know or do not know what a black hole is?

I do not know if I will take part in the discussion because honestly, I do not know anything about black holes.
The other side of a black hole? Easy. Mar a Lago.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So, why are you trying to understand something (black holes, worlds, universes) from the viewpoint of someone (the Buddha) who didn't bother contemplating those things? That's a sure-fire dead-end.

Kind of like thinking about Stephen Jay Gould's "non-overlapping magisteria (NOMA)." If physics and religion aren't talking about the same sorts of things, well, then, there's nothing that anyone can do to frame a dialogue that reconciles them. And therefore, everyone engaged in the effort is shouting into the wind.
I know I will not understand it, but I wanted to ask a different kind of question in the forum, the answer about buddha was a side step since I was asked about it. and as I say in the OP, I will not take a direct part in the thread because my knowledge about black holes is almost zero. But yes as a Buddhist I do sometimes ask my self-question that it is difficult to answer.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Rig Veda has verses speaking of manojava > speed of light and MunDak Updanishad mentions 7 tongues of Agni (Fire) - 1st is black in colour and the 7th called Vishwa-ruchi which supposedly devours everything. However, there is knowledge embedded in Vedas that modern humans cannot fully understand yet.

Etymology: Vishwa-Ruchi = [The fire that] likes the universe or finds it tasty, has 'ruchi' for the vishwa (world, universe) (as if it were their favorite food hence swallowing it)
-------

The sacred spatial silence is a time-continuous Presence. The Presence, Being, Silence, Silent Existence. Infinite Being is Brahman’. It is said that only 1/4 part of Being is the material universe.

The following is not directly from scripture, but more like an opinion, although scriptures are secretly suggestive, and a Hindu may come to such conclusions:

What is the invisible “Divine Hand” behind the galactic center, the event horizon of the black hole, an exploding supernova, or an evolving society of a species? The answer is Brahman’

The Divine Hand that balances the pull and push at the event horizon of the black-hole at the centre of a galaxy, to keep both the black-hole and galaxy or galaxy-cluster alive – is Brahman' AS VishNu, the all-pervading infinite Silence (Brahman’) playing the role of maintenance and nurture, care.

The Divine Hand behind a healthy expanding galaxy is a sign of material creation, the creative role of Brahman' AS BrahmA (born from VishNu ).

The Divine Hand behind the act of black hole at galactic centers systematically eating up the surrounding galaxy (when the entropy-balance tips in favor of destruction), is Brahman' AS Rudra.

The material outcome of these Divine Intentions and roles, as well as the Divine Energy of Brahman' that makes this happen is Adi-Shakti. (Adi = first, original)

Could those rogue black holes be Goddess KAli (Shakti in a particular state) devouring everything in Her path?

Who are these VishNu, BrahmA, Rudra? The same One, Single space-less timeless formless Presence, Being, called Brahman’, the “Divine Hand” behind the phenomena (but not the phenomena themselves) , simply facilitating the various roles at appropriate times on the time-line. The energy of Brahman' that activates material phenomena is Shakti.

Attachments

• Galactic-Center-1.jpg
    Galactic-Center-1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
  • BlackHole.jpg
    BlackHole.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: