• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is normal today?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Am I damn liar? No. The satan is. I have nothing in common with evil spirit.
Remember, Jesus said our father is the devil, a liar. :)

You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
It is violation of RF rule to call members of RF a liar.
It's not personal insult.

We're all liars, except the one willing to end up on the cross in the name of Jesus.
Would you keep telling the truth until death on the cross? or would you run away?

See? Jesus was telling the truth.

questfortruth

Nice song, but I'll interpret it as "I'm not sure" or "I think I don't have that much faith in Jesus"
I have different interpretation. It not sure if I will be crucified. What ever will be will be. If I will be crucified, I will show a good mental fight.

questfortruth

It's not personal insult.

We're all liars, except the one willing to end up on the cross in the name of Jesus.
Would you keep telling the truth until death on the cross? or would you run away?

See? Jesus was telling the truth.
On the cross the Christian has no choice but to fight for Paradise.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Making tattoos is big sin in Eastern Orthodox Christianity. God has created perfect body of Adam.
No, that is just a myth, as you are well aware.

But to get back on topic. "Normal" is constantly changing. It sue to be normal to travel only by foot, on horseback, or in a vehicle pulled by animals. It used to be normal to die at a much younger age.

30 years ago only grandmothers had blue hair. Twenty years ago teenagers were the vast majority with blue hair. Today, just about anyone can have blue hair and others do not seem to take to much off it.

When you find yourself complaining about the changes that you see you are entering the realm of the old man yelling "Get off my lawn!!"

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Tattoos are a from of art. Not sure why art would be a sin.
I guess though you paint a picture. Why though? Isn't the original creation perfect?
Maybe God doesn't like creativity? :shrug:

I think the anti-tattoo thing was because the surrounding tribes to the Hebrews had them.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the framework of normality (norm)? This is the level of God's condonation of evil.

"Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you?" Matthew 17:17.
Longer than you'd expect, perhaps ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”
So guess who's running two thousand years late?