• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is new age?

Kammarherren

Hello!
I'm conducting a study on young peoples religious beliefs. I would be most grateful if you new agers under the age of 35 would answer some questions for me. So I can better understand new age and it's followers.

1. What is new age to you and how would you describe your faith?
2. How do you practice new age? (courses, rituals, meetings, culture etc.)

Any answers and help is much appreciated, thank you!

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
1. What is new age to you and how would you describe your faith?
The New Age is another name for the coming Messianic age.... Some people think it is based around coming into the age of Aquarius....Yet its origins are the many texts globally, that predict an age of enlightenment.

My faith is strong, it is a feeling from the heart/soul, not some religious belief system.... Tho some more religiously minded, might associate other Pagan traditions with the New Age, this isn't what its definition implies.
2. How do you practice new age? (courses, rituals, meetings, culture etc.)
To live a life of good karma (action), to seek enlightenment within all understanding globally, to eat without causing suffering (vegan), to not drink alcohol, to meditate and practise yoga daily, etc.

As saying though some people will associate all sorts of Pagan traditions into their ritual, and in someways the New Age is a dumping ground for other religions, to class anyone seeking alternative global understanding as New Agers. :innocent: