• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is More Important?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I am not trying to be presumptive at all. I have lived in other countries and while there are certainly cultural differences, basically humans are humans wherever they are with humans needs and attitudes. I just happen to believe in a Creator who is over all, knows all, and is at work everywhere in each one's life. I have not said anything about trying hard or something to that effect. I am speaking of one's attitude toward God, not effort.
You are assuming that God basically gives everyone the opportunity, right?

InChrist

Free4ever
You are assuming that God basically gives everyone the opportunity, right?

Certainly the scriptures show that it is God's desire and that all have the opportunity and I believe the scriptures.

"Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” This He said, signifying by what death He would die. John 12:31-33

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim. 2:2-4

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Certainly the scriptures show that it is God's desire and that all have the opportunity and I believe the scriptures.

"Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” This He said, signifying by what death He would die. John 12:31-33

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim. 2:2-4
Your only support is scripture that you assume to be accurate. That is presumptive, seeing how the evidence seems to suggest otherwise.

InChrist

Free4ever
Your only support is scripture that you assume to be accurate. That is presumptive, seeing how the evidence seems to suggest otherwise.
Besides the scriptures, which I do believe to be accurate, I have seen evidence in real life. A very good (non-Christian) friend of mine who is spiritually into Buddhism and eastern practices has had Christ intervene in her life on at least two occasions of which I am aware and I'm sure there are many more. She had a very hard childhood, has gone through several messed up relationships. On one occasion she was camping at a meditation retreat when in the middle of the night she was awakened by someone saying," Get out now!". She immediately fled her tent and in an instant a huge tree fell directly on it. No one else was there, but her life was saved. On another occasion she was walking alone at the beach and feeling very lonely on her birthday when she said it was as if the 23rd was being spoken to her mind and it brought her comfort in her loneliness. You cannot tell me (well you can) that God is not at work in her life drawing her to Himself, yet, at this point she still rejects Jesus Christ.
My own father has had numerous occasions that I see he has experienced God intervening and protecting him to give him opportunity to repent and be saved. He is now 98 years old and likes to talk about God and Jesus sometimes, but still rejects Jesus as his Savior.
These are only two people, but I have no reason to doubt God's ability and desire to work in every person's life.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Besides the scriptures, which I do believe to be accurate, I have seen evidence in real life. A very good (non-Christian) friend of mine who is spiritually into Buddhism and eastern practices has had Christ intervene in her life on at least two occasions of which I am aware and I'm sure there are many more. She had a very hard childhood, has gone through several messed up relationships. On one occasion she was camping at a meditation retreat when in the middle of the night she was awakened by someone saying," Get out now!". She immediately fled her tent and in an instant a huge tree fell directly on it. No one else was there, but her life was saved. On another occasion she was walking alone at the beach and feeling very lonely on her birthday when she said it was as if the 23rd was being spoken to her mind and it brought her comfort in her loneliness. You cannot tell me (well you can) that God is not at work in her life drawing her to Himself, yet, at this point she still rejects Jesus Christ.
My own father has had numerous occasions that I see he has experienced God intervening and protecting him to give him opportunity to repent and be saved. He is now 98 years old and likes to talk about God and Jesus sometimes, but still rejects Jesus as his Savior.
These are only two people, but I have no reason to doubt God's ability and desire to work in every person's life.
I'm sorry, but even if you were Indiana Jones, witnessing different cultures on a daily basis, you would be in no position to assume that God gives everyone this opportunity. And the fact that you equate taking advantage of this opportunity with salvation, it is extremely insulting to those who actually don't get the opportunity to learn about Christianity.

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm sorry, but even if you were Indiana Jones, witnessing different cultures on a daily basis, you would be in no position to assume that God gives everyone this opportunity. And the fact that you equate taking advantage of this opportunity with salvation, it is extremely insulting to those who actually don't get the opportunity to learn about Christianity.
I don't have to assume because as I have already pointed out, God's Word states that He loves and desires all to be saved, therefore the opportunity is given to everyone...For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
That may not be enough for you, but it is sufficient for me to know that God gives each person the opportunity to, not necessarily learn about Christianity, but KNOW HIM

Dhyana

I don't have to assume because as I have already pointed out, God's Word states that He loves and desires all to be saved, therefore the opportunity is given to everyone...For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
That may not be enough for you, but it is sufficient for me to know that God gives each person the opportunity to, not necessarily learn about Christianity, but KNOW HIM
Very interesting. It's possible, therefore, to KNOW HIM, without believing in him which would require learning about Christianity. I'd go along with that in the sense that knowing God does NOT require a specific form for that knowledge to conform to, and certainly not ONLY ONE FORM for all people of all times. God cannot be reduced to Form, per se, and definitely not to a single form.