• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is More Important?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm not going to argue with you, you are free to your perspective. But I believe Jesus loves you and desires that you understand the eternal love and freedom He wants you to give you. I'm really tired and going to go to sleep now. Good-night.
Yes you certainly need a sleep, your just being arrogant and thinking your god-man is the only one, for god's sake have a good sleep and maybe you might wake up lol.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think Jesus as being selfish in the way that he himself thought he was the only way, to me that's very selfish.
I took the notation as a means of speech.
He associated Himself to His teachings to a personal level.
as if His spoken word and His person were one in the same.

so....any speech that He ever made.....was His mind and heart.
no separation.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
But his sharing has been extremely limited. As god the son, one would think he could at least make sure his message of salvation reached and convinced everyone. But he didn't. He has seen fit that it impacts only 31% of the worlds population---today. Who knows how many in the past have fallen through the cracks or were ignored.
no one leaves this world without hearing it.....
Do unto others as you would have it done unto you.

no matter were you are....you will hear this.

arthra

Baha'i

Taking Jesus as one's savior, but being a selfish *******.OR Living a compassionate, giving life, but rejecting Jesus as one's savior?
And no in-between stuff, or claims that one couldn't take Jesus as one's savior and be a selfish *******---I've run into such characters.​

Being a "selfish *******".. probably wouldn't go over so well with Jesus now would it? Being compassionate to others and sacrificing yourself ... now that's more in line with what I've heard Jesus taught!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Taking Jesus as one's savior, but being a selfish *******.
OR

Living a compassionate, giving life, but rejecting Jesus as one's savior?

And no in-between stuff, or claims that one couldn't take Jesus as one's savior and be a selfish *******---I've run into such characters.

It depends on what you want out of life. For me compassion rules.

Pair compassion up with whatever the hell you want, well according to some reasonable sense, it'd still be compassion for me. Fortunately though, I don't find life quite that inflexible.

I think the question really should be, which would you allow to rule your life, compassion or God.

The buts are just kinda fluff trying to force a quandary.

Sundance

Premium Member
Yes you have made up your mind that you have the truth, but that's only you, and that means nothing to all there is, you are clinging to a belief, but you are too blind to ever see that, your precious Jesus is your pick of what you call a God, just as everyone else has picked their choice of God, you are no different, you are only different in the way that you are hypnotised to believe what you believe, and nothing else.

Then, dear psychoslice, what happens if someone is convinced intellectually of the Gospel?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I took the notation as a means of speech.
He associated Himself to His teachings to a personal level.
as if His spoken word and His person were one in the same.

so....any speech that He ever made.....was His mind and heart.
no separation.
Yes I believe that he was speaking from his true inner being called the Christ, we all can speak from our inner Being also, we are or can be as much Christ as the man Jesus was.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Then, dear psychoslice, what happens if someone is convinced intellectually of the Gospel?
I think those who see the gospel intellectually, miss the whole point of where the words point to, the mind itself can never grasp the words to where they point, this is why so many argue over the meaning of the gospel, they are using their intellect which is useless in spiritual things.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes I believe that he was speaking from his true inner being called the Christ, we all can speak from our inner Being also, we are or can be as much Christ as the man Jesus was.
I would like to agree.
but let me be humble instead.

He didn't want a crown on His head....neither do I.
He spoke of Himself as brother and fellow servant.
If he speaks of me in that way.....I shall have such great relief!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You certainly can't deny that YOU have heard of Jesus, can you?
What do you mean by "heard of Jesus"? The Jesus I've heard of - IMO - isn't worth following and isn't believable. Have you, your fellow Christians, and the authors of the Bible damned me with your crappy arguments?

Being a "selfish *******".. probably wouldn't go over so well with Jesus now would it? Being compassionate to others and sacrificing yourself ... now that's more in line with what I've heard Jesus taught!
IMO, the theology that Jesus preaches in the Gospels is based on selfishness. It's never "do good and refrain from evil because it's the right thing to do"; it's "do good because you'll be rewarded in Heaven" and "don't do bad because you'll be punished for it."

Jesus isn't big on the "virtue is its own reward" approach.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
What do you mean by "heard of Jesus"? The Jesus I've heard of - IMO - isn't worth following and isn't believable. Have you, your fellow Christians, and the authors of the Bible damned me with your crappy arguments?

IMO, the theology that Jesus preaches in the Gospels is based on selfishness. It's never "do good and refrain from evil because it's the right thing to do"; it's "do good because you'll be rewarded in Heaven" and "don't do bad because you'll be punished for it."

Jesus isn't big on the "virtue is its own reward" approach.
cause and effect doesn't work for you?
do good.....get good things in return.
do bad..get bad things in return

Deidre

Actually, if you believe the NT story, Jesus himself would say that actions are better than words. He wouldn’t suggest to believe in him, but be a jerk to everyone else. Lol Although, that does seem to be how a lot of Christians function nowadays.