• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is More Important?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Taking Jesus as one's savior, but being a selfish *******.​

OR

Living a compassionate, giving life, but rejecting Jesus as one's savior?

And no in-between stuff, or claims that one couldn't take Jesus as one's savior and be a selfish *******---I've run into such characters.

This question seems like it is only for Xians.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
a15dc2c1df44e5879b6e671e8551a5f4.jpg

Lol

InChrist

Free4ever

Taking Jesus as one's savior, but being a selfish *******.
OR

And no in-between stuff, or claims that one couldn't take Jesus as one's savior and be a selfish *******---I've run into such characters.

The fact is that according to the scriptures someone who has been saved by Jesus has died to sin and lives a new life in Christ.( Romans 6). So if you have run into such characters who claim to have Jesus as their Savior, yet live in sinful selfishness they are either religious or name only Christians or if they do believe in Jesus they are still serving their own sinful desires and have not truly submitted to Jesus as their Lord to transform their lives moment by moment.
I choose the biblical route of victory over selfish sin by putting it to death through trust in Christ's death on the cross and the transforming power of His resurrected life giving me new life for today and eternity.

jojom

The fact is that according to the scriptures someone who has been saved by Jesus has died to sin and lives a new life in Christ.( Romans 6). So if you have run into such characters who claim to have Jesus as their Savior, yet live in sinful selfishness they are either religious or name only Christians or if they do believe in Jesus they are still serving their own sinful desires and have not truly submitted to Jesus as their Lord to transform their lives moment by moment.
So, one can't claim to having taken Jesus as their savior unless they know the "Lord transforms their lives moment by moment." Interesting, but hardly what I've heard from a lot of people who claim Jesus is their savior. Are they lying or just fooling themselves? And, are you saying that anyone truly saved by Jesus will never serve their own sinful desires?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Taking Jesus as one's savior, but being a selfish *******.
OR

so you draw a line in an awkward manner and expect everyone else to make a choice.....your way.....
not much for debate.

I don't see Jesus as selfish.

InChrist

Free4ever
So, one can't claim to having taken Jesus as their savior unless they know the "Lord transforms their lives moment by moment." Interesting, but hardly what I've heard from a lot of people who claim Jesus is their savior. Are they lying or just fooling themselves? And, are you saying that anyone truly saved by Jesus will never serve their own sinful desires?

I didn't say one can't claim they have Jesus as their Savior unless they know the '"Lord transforms their lives moment by moment". I said that when a person is saved by Jesus their life IS transformed WHEN they are submitted to Christ moment by moment. I can't speak for another person as to whether they are fooling themselves. All I know is that for a long time I thought I was a Christian, but I really wasn't because although I knew about Jesus and intellectually believed He existed I never knew Him, trusted Him or gave my life to Him. I lived my life according to my will and desires. Neither am I saying that one who is saved by Jesus will never sin or serve their own desires, but one's overall desire is to serve the Lord and others and confess and repent when sin does occur.

What have you heard from people who claim Jesus is their Savior? Just interested, if you care to share.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
so you draw a line in an awkward manner and expect everyone else to make a choice.....your way.....
not much for debate.

I don't see Jesus as selfish.
I think Jesus as being selfish in the way that he himself thought he was the only way, to me that's very selfish.

jojom

I didn't say one can't claim they have Jesus as their Savior unless they know the '"Lord transforms their lives moment by moment". I said that when a person is saved by Jesus their life IS transformed WHEN they are submitted to Christ moment by moment.
But if they are never transformed they can never honestly claim Jesus as their Savior. So it takes just such knowledge of this fact---experiencing this transformation---in order to make the claim: IOW. One can't claim to having taken Jesus as their savior unless they know the "Lord transforms their lives moment by moment."

I can't speak for another person as to whether they are fooling themselves.
If not fooling themselves then are they lying to themselves? or if neither, then what might they be doing?

What have you heard from people who claim Jesus is their Savior? Just interested, if you care to share.
Nothing more than "Jesus is my savior," or words to that effect. It's not an issue that holds much interest for me, although when it stands in apparent opposition to some of the things they do or say, it does stand out: Wow! Even those saved by Jesus can be a** h****.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yet, if it is true that He is the only way then it is certainly not selfish to share that information with others, is it?
But he isn't the only way, he's method might be but not him as a mere human, like even the Buddha was a way, or Krishna, there are many ways and all come from different perspective, this is what many have made a big mistake with.

jojom

Yet, if it is true that He is the only way then it is certainly not selfish to share that information with others, is it?
But his sharing has been extremely limited. As god the son, one would think he could at least make sure his message of salvation reached and convinced everyone. But he didn't. He has seen fit that it impacts only 31% of the worlds population---today. Who knows how many in the past have fallen through the cracks or were ignored.

InChrist

Free4ever
But he isn't the only way, he's method might be but not him as a mere human, like even the Buddha was a way, or Krishna, there are many ways and all come from different perspective, this is what many have made a big mistake with.
Well, Buddha is dead, Krishna is dead, but I believe Jesus is alive and resurrected from the dead so it from my perspective it is Him alone who offers the way of victory over death and eternal life.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Well, Buddha is dead, Krishna is dead, but I believe Jesus is alive and resurrected from the dead so it from my perspective it is Him alone who offers the way of victory over death and eternal life.
Well there you are, its your belief, you have made up your own mind and nothing will ever change that, just as everyone else have done, but do you believe your choice is the only one, the only true one.............can you see the arrogance in that thinking.

InChrist

Free4ever
But his sharing has been extremely limited. As god the son, one would think he could at least make sure his message of salvation reached and convinced everyone. But he didn't. He has seen fit that it impacts only 31% of the worlds population---today. Who knows how many in the past have fallen through the cracks or were ignored.
Well, I don't see it that way, but believe He has and does make His message known everywhere to everyone...And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” Luke 12:32

InChrist

Free4ever
Well there you are, its your belief, you have made up your own mind and nothing will ever change that, just as everyone else have done, but do you believe your choice is the only one, the only true one.............can you see the arrogance in that thinking.
If it was my idea and I came up with it myself to elevate myself then I would agree it is very arrogant. But It's not my idea. I would never come up with the concept that I am a sinner in need of Savior. Why would I create that scenario or admit to that unless it was such a blatant reality I could no longer deny it as the truth? If Jesus had to save me I have nothing to boast about or any room for arrogance.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If it was my idea and I came up with it myself to elevate myself then I would agree it is very arrogant. But It's not my idea. I would never come up with the concept that I am a sinner in need of Savior. Why would I create that scenario or admit to that unless it was such a blatant reality I could no longer deny it as the truth? If Jesus had to save me I have nothing to boast about or any room for arrogance.
Yes you have made up your mind that you have the truth, but that's only you, and that means nothing to all there is, you are clinging to a belief, but you are too blind to ever see that, your precious Jesus is your pick of what you call a God, just as everyone else has picked their choice of God, you are no different, you are only different in the way that you are hypnotised to believe what you believe, and nothing else.

InChrist

Free4ever
Yes you have made up your mind that you have the truth, but that's only you, and that means nothing to all there is, you are clinging to a belief, but you are too blind to ever see that, your precious Jesus is your pick of what you call a God, just as everyone else has picked their choice of God, you are no different, you are only different in the way that you are hypnotised to believe what you believe, and nothing else.
I'm not going to argue with you, you are free to your perspective. But I believe Jesus loves you and desires that you understand the eternal love and freedom He wants to give you. I'm really tired and going to go to sleep now. Good-night.

Last edited: