• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is more important for Christians; Eucharist or intercessory prayer

Srivijaya

As a non Christian, I would have assumed that it's Eucharist but many seem to disregard it and all practice intercessory prayer. What do Christians think? Why doesn't Eucharist seem to matter as much?

Srivijaya

Eucharist seems to be more 'disposable' or optional among some groups if you know what I mean. But isn't it a necessary part of being in communion with the church/body of Christ/ fellow Christians?

I know there's the Lord's prayer in the NT + the Eucharist but what about any odd intercessory prayers?

The last prayer meeting I attended they were asking for all kinds of trivial stuff, like Lord please make Fred's new garden shed a success or Mavis' cat get better. How does that stack up in the scheme of things?

Last edited: