• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is more against a person?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Than a false image of him?

If I am hated for what I am.....fine. We are free to love and hate. But if I am hated for what I am not, that feels bad.

If I am loved for what I am not, that is just creepy.

It is about Jesus. The Bible says there are people who do not know him but say they do. When they publicize him the way they know him but it is not the real Jesus, they become his enemies. How is this not so?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Tell me please why Jesus is saying; many will be deceived but you be careful you are not also deceived?

Why is he not saying; be not like the deceivers who are many and misleading many?

Also please tell me how you know he is saying they will say THEY are the messiah even while they come in HIS name?

What it means is they will use his name for their own desire. They will even say Jesus is the one to be obeyed. But they won't teach the real Jesus. Make mighty sure that if you teach Jesus you teach the real Jesus. That is what "see that you do not mislead like many will do" in my name means.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How to know the real Jesus? He is his words. Measure his words against what love is. Do it with the whole Bible. Why not? If it doesn't match it isn't what he said.

It is only after you admit you do not know what he said that you can discover what he really said.

Antichrist must come first. The antichrist is what he didn't say.

2 Thess 2:3 from the Greek no one you should deceive in not one way because if not shall have come the apostasy first* and shall have been revealed the man** of the lawlessness the son*** of the destruction.

*first does not mean in time. It means in importance
** Definition
a man, human, mankind
NASB Translation
any (1), anyone (1), child (1), enemy* (1), everyone* (1), fellow (1), friend (1), human (5), human judgment (1), human relations (1), king* (1), Man (89), man (232), man's (8), mankind (5), men (164), men's (2), nobleman* (1), one* (3), others (4), people (13), people* (1), person (2), persons (1), self (4).
***equivalent to pupils (see τέκνον)

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2 Thess 2:3 means do not be a part of making the apostasy greater or more important than the simple gospel of Jesus Christ....if you do you must reap the consequences of the destruction because your hand is in it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"the man of lawlessness son of destruction" is not a person. It means a way of life. I do not have friends who know Greek but if you do ask them what this ἄνθρωπος means. And this υἱὸς

Son in this context I think means "something coming out of". It's not a person.

Something will come out of the people who are for the lawless christ.

The lawless christ is what Jesus Christ didn't say. Do you understand? The words you say Christ said but he didn't say are lawless.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there is something in the Bible that when you measure it every which way but it cannot be reconciled with love then skip it. It is for someone else.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Than a false image of him?

If I am hated for what I am.....fine. We are free to love and hate. But if I am hated for what I am not, that feels bad.

If I am loved for what I am not, that is just creepy.

It is about Jesus. The Bible says there are people who do not know him but say they do. When they publicize him the way they know him but it is not the real Jesus, they become his enemies. How is this not so?

You are loved for what you are not; you are not a dictator, and we love you for that.