• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is missing from your life?

PureX

Veteran Member
I need more job opportunities. If you don't have good knees, you have very slim pickings for any type of employment around here.
I'm in a similar spot. I only need part time work, but I'm limited, physically, and most of the jobs available involve some manual labor, or annoying and lying to people on the phone, which I won't do.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm missing enlightenment. I wish God would answer my prayers and enlighten me so I could better help other troubled individuals

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm in a similar spot. I only need part time work, but I'm limited, physically, and most of the jobs available involve some manual labor, or annoying and lying to people on the phone, which I won't do.
I'm finally biting the bullet and going to be applying for work in Fort Wayne and Indianapolis (either one 60 miles from where I live). I was hoping to get work here, and stay with my parents awhile longer and save up money like mad for transitioning (I could have it all done in a few years, and while I work on my Master's), but there just aren't many work opportunities around here for me.

eldios

I once knew a very wealthy rich man, and most of his family. He had many good friends before he died, as did his wealthy wife before she passed. I don't know all the kids, grand kids, and cousins that well (I know some very well, some well enough to know at family gatherings, and some not at all), but the ones I know I wouldn't call friendless.
On the flip side, I'm poor and have very few friends. But people with Asperger's generally don't make friends easily.

You're not a poor person with lots of good friends so you wouldn't understand what is impossible for rich people to understand. When those rich people lose all their wealth, most of their friends disappear.

gnomon

Considering the condition of the world today, by any metric I’m a lucky girl. I don’ have everything I want but I have everything I need and few extras, which is a lot more than many people in this world can say.

However there are some things missing. I adapt the best I can but there is one that really frustrates me: lack of time. I leave home at 8:30 in the morning and come back around 6:30 pm every day, five days a week. My 2 days off are never enough to do everything I want and if I happen to go somewhere for the weekend it’s hard to catch up. Money I can save, material things I can organize but it really annoys me not to have more time to do the things I love. Simple stuff like spending more time with my friends, play more sports, being able to spend the entire day at the beach without feeling guilty…

What about you, what’s missing from your life? (please don’t say money, that one is a given for most of us)

Sobriety.

Confidence.

The desire to take a risk.

More importantly probably medication.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You're not a poor person with lots of good friends so you wouldn't understand what is impossible for rich people to understand. When those rich people lose all their wealth, most of their friends disappear.
And when you go from being a Christian to an ex-Christian, you'll find many "friends" denounce and abandon you. It's rare for anyone to find those who are truly good friends. Even poor people who come upon wealth find themselves loosing friends. But, rich or poor, when you do find them, they stick around after changes and accept you still.

eldios

And when you go from being a Christian to an ex-Christian, you'll find many "friends" denounce and abandon you. It's rare for anyone to find those who are truly good friends. Even poor people who come upon wealth find themselves loosing friends. But, rich or poor, when you do find them, they stick around after changes and accept you still.

I'm a poor person with many good friends.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm a poor person with many good friends.
And that means you are a poor person with many good friends. It doesn't speak for anyone else, except those who are poor and have many good friends. It says nothing of the poor and have few or no friends, those who are wealthy and have many friends, or those who are wealthy and have few or no friends.

eldios

And that means you are a poor person with many good friends. It doesn't speak for anyone else, except those who are poor and have many good friends. It says nothing of the poor and have few or no friends, those who are wealthy and have many friends, or those who are wealthy and have few or no friends.

Some people will argue against any information that is shown to them.

eldios

You've not presented any evidence to support the idea that poor people have many good friends while rich people do not.

I never said that rich people do not have good friends. I said that rich people do not understand a poor man with many good friends.