• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is missing from your life?

Vee

Premium Member
Considering the condition of the world today, by any metric I’m a lucky girl. I don’ have everything I want but I have everything I need and few extras, which is a lot more than many people in this world can say.

However there are some things missing. I adapt the best I can but there is one that really frustrates me: lack of time. I leave home at 8:30 in the morning and come back around 6:30 pm every day, five days a week. My 2 days off are never enough to do everything I want and if I happen to go somewhere for the weekend it’s hard to catch up. Money I can save, material things I can organize but it really annoys me not to have more time to do the things I love. Simple stuff like spending more time with my friends, play more sports, being able to spend the entire day at the beach without feeling guilty…

What about you, what’s missing from your life? (please don’t say money, that one is a given for most of us)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Considering the condition of the world today, by any metric I’m a lucky girl. I don’ have everything I want but I have everything I need and few extras, which is a lot more than many people in this world can say.

However there are some things missing. I adapt the best I can but there is one that really frustrates me: lack of time. I leave home at 8:30 in the morning and come back around 6:30 pm every day, five days a week. My 2 days off are never enough to do everything I want and if I happen to go somewhere for the weekend it’s hard to catch up. Money I can save, material things I can organize but it really annoys me not to have more time to do the things I love. Simple stuff like spending more time with my friends, play more sports, being able to spend the entire day at the beach without feeling guilty…

What about you, what’s missing from your life? (please don’t say money, that one is a given for most of us)
You basically said extra time is missing in your life which... like money... is also a given for most of us.

Deidre

More time. I feel like there isn't enough time to do all the things I want, but only enough for what I need. But, it could be that I'm really poor with time management. :oops:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not responsible for anybody but myself, and that is not how things should be. There is indeed something missing.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
As a gay male, on occasion, okay on very rare occasions, okay, okay, okay.... once.... I regret not having kids. Now that I'm north of 60 I am somewhat envious of my friends and their wonderful grand-kids. Then, I get back home and forget all about it. :) Yep, it sucks to be me.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Apart from money and time.. I miss stimulating conversation partners outside of "job-talk" setting.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I need more job opportunities. If you don't have good knees, you have very slim pickings for any type of employment around here.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Time is one of those things we can never have enough of even though we have all we need. I want to do a lot but I never feel the inspiration to do it in the right moment. Sometimes rest is more important than art or writing.

I feel like I lack a lot of knowledge. I like learning. I never feel like I learn enough in the right way. Whenever I do something wrong, I want to learn why I did it wrong. But, being young, greater and newer knowledge is likely to come to me in time. Then perhaps I'll have something else to worry about.

eldios

It's very simple. You will spend your time building, buying or guarding your false gods ( man-made junk ) rather than building relationships with people. A poor man who has lots of good friends understands what rich people will never understand.

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
It's very simple. You will spend your time building, buying or guarding your false gods ( man-made junk ) rather than building relationships with people. A poor man who has lots of good friends understands what rich people will never understand.

Rich people have rich friends. ;)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Time is always a scarce resource.

People who I want to hang out with and have good conversations with. I could definitely use more of those.

And, being non-monogamous, a second romantic relationship.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A poor man who has lots of good friends understands what rich people will never understand.
I once knew a very wealthy rich man, and most of his family. He had many good friends before he died, as did his wealthy wife before she passed. I don't know all the kids, grand kids, and cousins that well (I know some very well, some well enough to know at family gatherings, and some not at all), but the ones I know I wouldn't call friendless.
On the flip side, I'm poor and have very few friends. But people with Asperger's generally don't make friends easily.

VioletVortex

Everything that I plan to do in the rest of my life, as well as the peace of mind of not having to live in constant fear over some kind of medical problem or otherwise.

Daemon Sophic

Yes. I have often joked that if I could have one minor super power (less than say...'spider senses', or 'awesome ninja skillzz'), it would be that I would have no need to sleep. Suddenly I would gain 33% more life (or 50% depending upon your approach). Which I could then "waste" on gaming, reading, and watching Netflix.

Also, I seem to be missing the ability to eat anything I want, without suffering weight gain and other related ailments. It's just not fair! :eek::mad:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Family. I have a Sangha family now. I have new friends. I speak to my family in spirit. But for some reason our living family seem to busy in the city to be a family.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You basically said extra time is missing in your life which... like money... is also a given for most of us.

I'd like to add: better health as missing for many besides money and time.
Since I believe we are nearing a soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33 then I am looking forward to more time and good health.
The reason I say time and health is because from what I have learned from the teachings of Jesus is that the purpose for Jesus to come is to bring the benefits of healing for earth's nations. That equals both time and health besides Jesus, as Prince of Peace, is the one who will be bringing global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Reactions: Vee