• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is less gestation period of the fetus What is the position of Islam them ???

mahasn ebn sawresho

All nations and all peoples know
Fewer pregnancy the fetus is a period of seven months
But the Koran says it is six months
Which is correct Koran or the world ???
Koran says that pregnancy is six months
Before Share verses of the Koran Wait answer my question

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
031-015.png

[31:15] And We have enjoined on man concerning his parents — his mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning takes two years — ‘Give thanks to Me and to thy parents. Unto Me is the final return.

=======================================================

046-016a.png

046-016b.png

[46:16] And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents. His mother bears him with pain, and brings him forth with pain. And the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months, till, when he attains his full maturity and reaches the age of forty years, he says, ‘My Lord, grant me the power that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do such good works as may please Thee. And make my seed righteous for me. I do turn to Thee; and, truly, I am of those who submit to Thee.’

Explanation
Considering 6 month when mother begins to feels weight + 24 = 30 month

mahasn ebn sawresho

Peace be on you

And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents. His mother bears him with pain, and brings him forth with pain. And the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months, till, when he attains his full maturity and reaches the age of forty years, he says, ‘My Lord, grant me the power that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do such good works as may please Thee. And make my seed righteous for me. I do turn to Thee; and, truly, I am of those who submit to Thee.’Did you forget the other verse
Which says that the parents and breastfeed their children full Holin
A 24-month lactation period and this remains a period of 6 months, a congenital pregnancy in the Koran
In other words, the period of pregnancy the fetus in the Koran are 6 months
Is that correct
You have to ask doctors
And tell them that carry the fetus period is six months
What will you say ???

Explanation
Considering 6 month when mother begins to feels weight + 24 = 30 month

mahasn ebn sawresho

Did you forget the other verse
Which says that the parents and breastfeed their children full Holin
A 24-month lactation period and this remains a period of 6 months, a congenital pregnancy in the Koran
In other words, the period of pregnancy the fetus in the Koran are 6 months
Is that correct
You have to ask doctors
And tell them that carry the fetus period is six months
What will you say ???

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Friend you did not get at all, what I said:
Post 2
"Explanation
Considering 6 month when mother begins to feels weight + 24 = 30 month"

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on all.
1=At two places Qurans says about two years suck giving:
[2:234] And mothers shall give suck to their children for two whole years; this is for (man) who desires to complete the suckling. And the man to whom the child belongs shall be responsible for their (the mothers’) food and clothing according to usage. No soul is burdened beyond its capacity. The mother shall not make the father suffer on account of her child, nor shall he to whom the child belongs make the mother suffer on account of his child, and the same is incumbent on the heir. If they both decide upon weaning the child by mutual consent and consultation, there is no blame on them. And if you desire to engage a wetnurse for your children, there shall be no blame on you, provided you pay what you have agreed to pay, in a fair manner. And fear Allah and know that Allah sees what you do.

[31:15] And We have enjoined on man concerning his parents — his mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning takes two years — ‘Give thanks to Me and to thy parents. Unto Me is the final return.

2=At third place, a duration of 30 month is mentioned as:
[46:16] And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents. His mother bears him with pain, and brings him forth with pain. And the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months,till, when he attains his full maturity and reaches the age of forty years, he says, ‘My Lord, grant me the power that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do such good works as may please Thee. And make my seed righteous for me. I do turn to Thee; and, truly, I am of those who submit to Thee.’

Possibilities:
Two year milk feeding is a variable limit which could be less or more:
"Long-term breastfeeding (extended breastfeeding) is when you continue to breastfeed your baby beyond his first year.

If you decide that it's right for you and your baby, you're in good company with other mums around the world. In many societies, the age of weaning from the breast ranges from two years to four years."

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a8496/extended-breastfeeding#ixzz3wjAdi7sW

=====

30 month:
a- about 9 month + 21 month milk feeding
b- After 3 month, next 6 month are special
http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/preg...ice/time-for-your-12-week-scan-what-to-expect

so count that:
6 + 24 month milk feeding = 30 month

There can be other possibilities

There is really no case here mahasn.

Last edited:

use_your_brain

I don't get which verse you mean actually.

Last edited:

Tiberius

We do not need to turn to an old book to find out how long a pregnancy lasts. We have lots of pregnant women all over the world. All we have to do is measure how long their pregnancies last and that will tell us.

cambridge79

We do not need to turn to an old book to find out how long a pregnancy lasts. We have lots of pregnant women all over the world. All we have to do is measure how long their pregnancies last and that will tell us.

more than that, you just have to count the time between their last period and the baby popping out, it doesn't look something too hard to do even 2000 years ago, sound pretty pointless to have such informations in a revealed text from god.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
more than that, you just have to count the time between their last period and the baby popping out, it doesn't look something too hard to do even 2000 years ago, sound pretty pointless to have such informations in a revealed text from god.
Peace be on you 2.
1=The core issue regarding the OP is his misunderstanding.
2=This is teaching of establishment of rights.
3=It is not mere matter of some duration.
4=You are welcome to read notes of respective verse at https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/guide.htm?region=E1
The first audience of the Book were also important to be addressed.

5=More than this teaching, following is the teaching about parents:
[17:24] Thy Lord has commanded, “Worship none but Him, and show kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, never say unto them any word expressive of disgust nor reproach them, but address them with excellent speech.

[17:25] “And lower to them the wing of humility out of tenderness. And say, ‘My Lord, have mercy on them even as they nourished me in my childhood.’”

Tiberius

In post two, you appeared to use the time when the mother first feels the baby's weight as the beginning of pregnancy. That's not how pregnancy works.

How does a person's rights change a basic biological fact?

Yes it is. We are talking about the duration of a human pregnancy.

4=You are welcome to read notes of respective verse at https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/guide.htm?region=E1

If there is something specific you wish to show, please show it instead of making me read through the whole thing.

In any case, reading the note for the verse in question (31:15), it speaks mostly of the child's responsibilities to the mother.

If there is something else, please be specific about it rather than posting a generic link and making me search through it for something you claim is in there.

Irrelevant. If it was written for them and not our modern society, why should we even bother with it?

[17:24] Thy Lord has commanded, “Worship none but Him, and show kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, never say unto them any word expressive of disgust nor reproach them, but address them with excellent speech.

[17:25] “And lower to them the wing of humility out of tenderness. And say, ‘My Lord, have mercy on them even as they nourished me in my childhood.’”

I don't see anything in here about how long a pregnancy lasts. Please stick to the topic being discussed.

mahasn ebn sawresho

He says:) and births breastfeed their children full Holin [Al-Baqarah: 233].
His mother and placed unwillingly and involuntarily campaign and weaning thirty month (al ahgaf 15 )الاحقاف 15
His mother and here on the weakness of the weaning in two years( lkman 14 )لقمان 14
These three verses from the Koran
And interpretation contrary to the logic of the Koran in interpretation
Nevertheless, the three verses contrary to scientific logic also
Pregnancy is a period of six months in the Koran
Is that correct ??
Science says that the minimum period to carry the fetus to be successful birth is between seven and nine months
But the Koran says she six months
That these verses from the Koran contrary to reason and science
Save your minds, O Muslims

mahasn ebn sawresho

I call on doctors to submit their opinion on this important topic
Because all Arabic sites obscure medical opinions
For all the world knows
That less time to carry the fetus is seven months
And more time to carry the fetus is nine months
But the Koran says that less time to carry the fetus is six months
Is it science or accept this conclusion this speech suit for dialogue

mahasn ebn sawresho

With all respect, I think it all sound pretty ignorant.
Excuse me
These verses from the Koran
It is the word of God
We offer here even know the truth onlyBecause I know that less time to carry the fetus in seven months
Have you heard that there is a period to carry a fetus for six months only ???

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
DawudTalut Post 12

Tiberius Post 13
In post two, you appeared to use the time when the mother first feels the baby's weight as the beginning of pregnancy. That's not how pregnancy works.

DawudTalut
In Post 2, two verses are mentioned, they are again quoted:

AND

[46:16] And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents. His mother bears him with pain, and brings him forth with pain. And the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months,till, when he attains his full maturity and reaches the age of forty years, he says, ‘My Lord, grant me the power that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou hast bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do such good works as may please Thee. And make my seed righteous for me. I do turn to Thee; and, truly, I am of those who submit to Thee.’

Please note:
[31:15] has words: his mother bears him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning takes two years
It does not mention 9 months. This non-mention does not mean God of Quran does not know common pregnancy is 9 month.

[46:16] has words: And the bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months,

Similalry, this verse does not mention 9 months too.
But combined duration of 30 months is mentioned

That is why I explained the words "bearing of him and his weaning takes thirty months"
as:
"Explanation
Considering 6 month when mother begins to feels weight + 24 = 30 month"

Re-stating for clarity:
Considering 6 month [after the first 3 month] when mother begins to feels weight + 24 = 30 month
This is something which is explained in
(re-referencing)
http://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/preg...ice/time-for-your-12-week-scan-what-to-expect

=========================

DawutTalut Post 12

Tiberious Post 13
How does a person's rights change a basic biological fact?

DawudTalut:
Nowhere 9 month is discussed in Quran separately......No biological fact is being changed.

DawudTalut Post 12

Tiberious Post 13
Yes it is. We are talking about the duration of a human pregnancy.

DawudTalut
Quran is not talking only duration of human pregnancy, Quran is talking two things together pregnancy+weaning.

DawudTalut Post 12
4=You are welcome to read notes of respective verse at
https://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/guide.htm?region=E1

Tiberious Post 13
If there is something specific you wish to show, please show it instead of making me read through the whole thing.

In any case, reading the note for the verse in question (31:15), it speaks mostly of the child's responsibilities to the mother.

If there is something else, please be specific about it rather than posting a generic link and making me search through it for something you claim is in there.

DawudTalut
Thanks for noting:
"In any case, reading the note for the verse in question (31:15), it speaks mostly of the child's responsibilities to the mother."

All three verses mentioned above mention various wisdom;
e.g. NOTE 2725 @
image1027.gif

http://www.alislam.org/quran/tafseer/?page=1012&region=EN&CR=

DawudTalut Post 12

Tiberious Post 13
Irrelevant. If it was written for them and not our modern society, why should we even bother with it?

DawudTalut
Quran is for all times.

DawudTalut Post 12

Tiberious Post 13
I don't see anything in here about how long a pregnancy lasts. Please stick to the topic being discussed.

DawudTalut
a=You have noticed the rights of child are mentioned i.e." In any case, reading the note for the verse in question (31:15), it speaks mostly of the child's responsibilities to the mother."

b=The verses [17:24] and [17:25] guide about the other side of equation i.e. rights of parents.

Actually there is no discussion......There is just persistent-misunderstanding by some friends that [heaven forbidden] Quran does not know how long a pregnancy is? Actually it is not what Quran speaks, and it is shown above again.

Good wishes.