• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is left hand path

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
There is a character associated with being dark in my opinion and most simply do not fit those qualifications. Disagree?
How does one disagree with your opinion? Obviously the meaning you have assigned the word 'Dark' is important and relevant to your beliefs. I use the words dark and black in ways that most people don't as well.

LHP are often just as hypocritical. Humans are humans, no? Social programming influences most to be sheep in some manner. Those who break out of this are considered evil, even by many of those claiming the LHP. I have a list of Satanists who hate me, for example.
This is in fact, exactly what the LHP seeks to separate from, herd mentality, and societal norms. I don't see it as Evil, I don't accept Good & Evil either, they are subjective terms relative to the observer.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
How does one disagree with your opinion? Obviously the meaning you have assigned the word 'Dark' is important and relevant to your beliefs. I use the words dark and black in ways that most people don't as well.

This is in fact, exactly what the LHP seeks to separate from, herd mentality, and societal norms. I don't see it as Evil, I don't accept Good & Evil either, they are subjective terms relative to the observer.

"Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule."

~Friedrich Nietzsche​

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
LHP are often just as hypocritical. Humans are humans, no? Social programming influences most to be sheep in some manner. Those who break out of this are considered evil, even by many of those claiming the LHP. I have a list of Satanists who hate me, for example.

Why? I think most of the rules in The Satanic Bible are ridiculous. Example: Telling adults not to harm little children. Obviously doing this is illegal, and making it an internal law is absurd. If an adult of clear mind is going to do it, he knows the consequences. If he is not of clear mind, really he has no business any organized LHP. Then again, having rules like this one just mean fear of the law "cracking down" on all those evil baby killing Satanists, right?

If you do not kill babies, why be concerned enough to write a rule in your "bible"? (In reference to LaVey). Fear of idiots thinking you do, getting investigated without due cause and so on, right? Ridiculous. Some really do go too far to ease the mind of sheep. Often so far they become them!

You sound like some ONA people I know. Lol.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Essetially I understand it to mean something to do with carving one's life on one's own terms, not necessarily detached but awake to how cultural and social forces pull strings on one's life circumstances and gaining back that control. "

Spiritual anarchism.

In the east it is methods to enlightenment that goes against conventional norms.
Like tantrk sex, hash smoking, and the method of letting go of all attachment even to the feeling and perceptions of others.

Why sustain an illusion/delusion over truth? Even life is, on so many levels, an illusion in itself.

Left Hand Paths gather values from searching inside themselves.

Right Hand Paths gather values from searching outside themselves.

I'd maybe say the LHP seeks knowledge, strength, and balance between the internal and external while the RHP does neither. Even if their gods are external and relied on for values, they were simply created by people and accepted. There's no searching or balance at all.

RHP = Thy Will Be Done
LHP = My Will Be Done

ALL of the above and especially the last quote.

LHP means that you are no longer willing to just sit back and be 'Karma's puppet' while you watch your life slowly fall apart, praying to some 'God' for any kind of deliverance or mercy regarding your situation (RHP).

LHP means that you say 'ENOUGH!' and become the 'instrument of Karma' yourself and taking more personal responsibility for your actions, rather than hoping that a 'benevolent/loving God' (which does not exist) actually cares about you.

LHP means to become 'self-serving' because waiting to be waited on isn't getting you anywhere. It also means not letting yourself become a victim/slave to your emotions anymore and you can finally decide to become pro-active about your spiritual choices in life.

LHP means one must adopt the attitude of 'I don't care what you think or say, I am just going to do it anyway and screw you' - Spiritual Anarchy, as St. Frank said.

After years of following Tantra's RHP (Yoga, Meditation and such), I am now following the Left-Hand Path of Tantra, because that is what I must do to survive now. I wasn't left with much of a choice in the matter, either. It has become 'I must start looking after #1, because nobody else will'.

So, this is what it means.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Your talking about Indviduation, or rather lack of, and NLP works for both L&RHP's . . . almost all RHP traditions rely heavily on Indoctrinating their children before their 'clean slate' can be written on by any other belief system.

Many LHP organizations will not affiliate anyone under the age of 18 for that reason alone.

What does NLP stand for? {I'm still building my westernspeak vocabulary} :eek:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I think the Left Hand Path is more a subculture than anything anymore, at least the westernized version. Whether it was really ever anything more than that - outside the mind of a few idealistic thinkers like myself - is debatable.

Yadon

I'm just going to say in regards to the responses about what I said of light and dark, they are both just part of a duality but for the purposes of what I was saying, in context to the "mainstream", those things are dark.

It's all subjective really.