• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Kali Yuga? (End The Time)

The Brahma-vaivarta Purana has words spoken by Lord Krishna to Mother Ganga just before the beginning of the Kali Yuga (the age of quarrel and strife). The Kali Yuga began approximately five thousand years ago, and it has a duration of 432,000 years, leaving us with 427,000 years until the end of the present age. Within this 432,000 year period, there is a period of 10,000 years that will be peaceful. That golden age is being described below by Lord Sri Krishna.

now calender 2018 year
we are liveing world of machine,computer,robot also know kaliyug:pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive::pensive:

Krishna says that Kali Yuga will end 5000 years:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
robot Robot Will Destroy Humans
you know
click here video

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
You know how much I respect Vedic thought. I have tried for years to make sense of this Yuga stuff with the real world of earth history and I have failed.

Maybe someone in this thread can help me understand:(

You know how much I respect Vedic thought. I have tried for years to make sense of this Yuga stuff with the real world of earth history and I have failed.

Maybe someone in this thread can help me understand:(

चिंता मत करो आप असफल रहे। लेकिन भगवान आपको सत्ययुग या स्वर्ग और न्याय दिवस में माफ कर देगा
dont worry u failed. but god will forgive you in satyug or heaven and judgment day

image.jpg

चिंता मत करो आप असफल रहे। लेकिन भगवान आपको सत्ययुग या स्वर्ग और न्याय दिवस में माफ कर देगा
dont worry u failed. but god will forgive you in satyug or heaven and judgment day

View attachment 25793
This is Christian propaganda. Kindly stop it in this DIR.
i really vaishnav
i am not strong atheist
i don't understand english,hebrew
but how know in god in nature ,alphabet,art, number ,animal human heart,
Omkaar
[GALLERY=media, 8770]FB_IMG_1492604944336 by vishnulakshmi posted Nov 26, 2018 at 7:53 PM[/GALLERY]

Kapalika

Premium Member
I kind of get the feeling that ecological collapse is a greater threat to us than robots at this point. That said, I don't take the actual years of Yugas literally and I don't see any reason with realizing that all revealed truths are filtered through our understandings and perception. After a certain point, a scale of time or distance becomes unfathomable. Overall Hinduism is the most accurate religion in terms of cosmic scale, but in terms of civilization's history it way over estimated things.

I did a double take on this, wut? What judgement day?

Shantanu

Yes, at times it does feel like we are in Kali Yuga,doesn't it. The only way is to listen to your Conscience and do what comes naturally to withstand the injustices.

ajay0

It is stated in Hinduism that the Kali Yuga will end in Pralaya or dissolution.

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris also state the same.

The reason for the dissolution taking place is due to the preponderance of tamas which is the guna associated with death, destruction and decay. The other gunas like rajas and especially the auspicious sattva is greatly reduced in the Kali Yuga.

https://www.ananda.org/yogapedia/tamas/

Tamas (philosophy) - Wikipedia

The other qualities associated with tamas are suffering, lethargy, ill-health, falsehood and vice, vicious conduct and behavior, perverted understanding and intellect, inauspiciousness, intense body-consciousness as opposed to self-awareness, mental dullness, ignorance, inattention and stupefaction.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Kalki Purana:

1:28 In Kah-yuga, a person with a lot of money will naturally be respected as a great soul. If a twice-born person earns his livelihood by lending money on interest, he will be considered a pillar of society. The sannydsls of Kah-yuga will be attached to home and property, and householders will become devoid of all power of discrimination. In Kah-yuga, people will blaspheme a spiritual master or other elderly person without hesitation. Indeed, people in general will simply become hypocrites, liars, and cheaters

2:28 The four exalted brahmanas offered their obeisances unto Lord Visnu, who had assumed the form of a human being. They very well understood that Lord Kalki had appeared to rid the earth of all those who had become degraded to the level of sinful demons.

In my opinion. :innocent:

ajay0

Thought alone, when it is no longer connected with the much vaster realm of consciousness, quickly becomes barren, insane, destructive. ~ Eckhart Tolle

When scientific or rational thinking is grounded in presence it has a completely different outcome. It can never be monstrous. ~ Jean Klein

“The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space.” - Eckhart Tolle

These three wise sayings underline what Kali Yuga is all about.

The Kali Yuga is a time of intense unconsciousness and lack of self-knowledge as in pure consciousness or awareness, and this must inevitably find its expression in reactivity, conflict and colossal damage to nature irresponsibly. This in turn would most likely evoke a retaliatory reaction from nature itself.

A heightened state of consciousness in general for mankind through austerity and reverence for nature is the only way out of this ominous future.