• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Jesus Waiting For?

Danny1988

That is not bias,we know from all of the faults in the Bible that it is not "God's word" .

Again that is wrong. All you can find are dishonest self deluded Christians that make that claim. I know of many failed prophecies, there are no real fulfilled prophecies.

Once again we know this is wrong.

You really should try to learn why your claims are known to be wrong.
Anyone can simply deny anything, to do so doesn't mean or prove anything. One needs to provide facts and evidence to support their argument. Simply saying you don't believe, proves absolutely ZERO.

As I said, many highly intelligent highly educated people have been trying to find a error or contradiction in the Bible for the past 2000 years and every single one has failed, so I don't like your chances.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Anyone can simply deny anything, to do so doesn't mean or prove anything. One needs to provide facts and evidence to support their argument. Simply saying you don't believe, proves absolutely ZERO.

As I said, many highly intelligent highly educated people have been trying to find a error or contradiction in the Bible for the past 2000 years and every single one has failed, so I don't like your chances.
I can and I have supported my claims. You have not been able to support one of yours. And I gave you more than one source that showed the self contradictions in your book of myths.

But just for fun here is just one source that you have not been able to refute:

It is a bit of a trolling response, but that is all I need to refute unsupported claims.

Ellen Brown

That's exactly why I say the non believers are not qualified to comment on the Bible, they don't come to the table with an open mind. They come with their preconceived bias that the Bible is not Gods Word.

There are plenty of expert Bible scholars and theologians who have presented the facts in books and debates and documentaries. You should devote a bit of time to have a look their presentations. You would be surprised, as I was to discover how amazingly accurate every Bible prophecy has proven to be. The odds of the prophets guessing their prophecies are something astronomical.

There is one video called "The programming of life" which shows that the Bible is 100% accurate and absolutely reliable.

There are several factors here. Often I encounter people who will not address religion because of the hurtful actions of believers. I also think that when someone decides to believe, the Holy Spirit helps them.

Danny1988

There are several factors here. Often I encounter people who will not address religion because of the hurtful actions of believers. I also think that when someone decides to believe, the Holy Spirit helps them.
That's not what the Holy Bible teaches, it says that God chooses us. We don't decide to believe because we are smarter than those who don't, we believe because God draws us to Himself and causes us to believe.

Don't worry about those who judge God by the things that wicked men do, judge God by what He does.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's not what the Holy Bible teaches, it says that God chooses us. We don't decide to believe because we are smarter than those who don't, we believe because God draws us to Himself and causes us to believe.

Don't worry about those who judge God by the things that wicked men do, judge God by what He does.

So once again you are claiming that your God is an evil monster. You really should think out the consequences of your claims before you post.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes He is an evil monster to the evil wicked sinners, which you are showing yourself to be one
An evil monster you say. Boy, that's a new one. I always thought god forgave the sinner if he repented. I mean if Subduction Zone continues to be an evil monster because he upsets you, he can get away with it and avoid god's monstrosity if he says he's sorry before he dies. Isn't that how the script reads?

Danny1988

Hardly. I sin far less than you do here.
if you haven't given your life to Christ, then everything you do is sin. no matter how good your works are, they are seen as filthy rags in Gods sight.

Only a true Christian can please God, because all of our past, present and future sins have been paid for so God doesn't count our sins against us. But the rest of you will pay for every single sin in eternal torment in hell.

Danny1988

An evil monster you say. Boy, that's a new one. I always thought god forgave the sinner if he repented. I mean if Subduction Zone continues to be an evil monster because he upsets you, he can get away with it and avoid god's monstrosity if he says he's sorry before he dies. Isn't that how the script reads?

You have failed to consider one small but vital point, nobody ever, ever, ever, ever, ever........ repents unless they were chosen for salvation by God before He created the earth.

So, asking for forgiveness is not possible for the reprobate, they are sealed for judgement. Their fate is eternal torment in hell, so only those who God preordained will repent and be saved. The rest will never come to repentance, they are rebellious to the core.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You have failed to consider one small but vital point, nobody ever, ever, ever, ever, ever........ repents unless they were chosen for salvation by God before He created the earth.

So, asking for forgiveness is not possible for the reprobate, they are sealed for judgement. Their fate is eternal torment in hell, so only those who God preordained will repent and be saved. The rest will never come to repentance, they are rebellious to the core.
It's a pretty weird thing for a God to do - make a whole load of people, then determine ahead of time which of those people get eternal reward and which don't get eternal reward regardless of their actions, and make it impossible for one to become the other.

It's almost as if it's completely pointless. God must be very bored.

Danny1988

It's a pretty weird thing for a God to do - make a whole load of people, then determine ahead of time which of those people get eternal reward and which don't get eternal reward regardless of their actions, and make it impossible for one to become the other.

It's almost as if it's completely pointless. God must be very bored.
please don't twist the scriptures 180 degrees, I never said and neither does the Bible say that people are rewarded regardless of their actions. To the contrary, they are rewarded only for their actions. Nobody goes to hell for being obedient, only those who deliberately sin against God are cast into hell.

God judges everyone by the things they have done, those who don't repent of their sins and give their lives to Christ will pay for every single sin in hell. Christ has paid for the sins of every single person who believes in Him, so they are 100% guaranteed eternal paradise.

So please don't say God puts people into hell, who had no choice. They choose to sin against God, so they have to wear the consequences.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
please don't twist the scriptures 180 degrees, I never said and neither does the Bible say that people are rewarded regardless of their actions.
You just said that God has already preordained who will repent and be saved, so their actions therefore are meaningless.

To the contrary, they are rewarded only for their actions. Nobody goes to hell for being obedient, only those who deliberately sin against God are cast into hell.
But who is obedient and who isn't is already pre-ordained by God, and those who rebel will never change. You just said that.

God judges everyone by the things they have done, those who don't repent of their sins and give their lives to Christ will pay for every single sin in hell. Christ has paid for the sins of every single person who believes in Him, so they are 100% guaranteed eternal paradise.
Except those people are preordained, so it's not a matter of choice. It's about whether God decided you should go to begin with, regardless of anything else.

So please don't say God puts people into hell, who had no choice. They choose to sin against God, so they have to wear the consequences.
They didn't choose to be predordained by God to be doomed to hell. So no, you're flat wrong there.

Either God preordains who goes to heaven or hell, or else it is a matter of choice. You cannot have it both ways.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So what is the End Days all about if it isn't about being saved?

"The rapture is an eschatological term used by certain Christians, particularly within branches of American evangelicalism, referring to a purported end time event when all Christian believers – living and dead – will rise into the sky and join Christ"
source: Wikipedia​

I believe the reference wan't about the end of the world but about the return of Jesus as Messiah for Israel to save her from the attacking armies at the battle of Armageddon.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not sure I understand what you are saying. The Jews say it is around year 5778. So, what calendar are you using? Using the calendar I am used to, you are saying that we have at least 432 years left. Lots of people seem to think it is all about our not having gotten ready to receive the coming of the Messiah. What if it is not about us?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but just doing very casual research, we find that Jesus speaks about a war in the Heavens. Hmmm And there is just loads of ancient history that depicts individuals fighting in the air. Predating Judaism, there is Ahura Mazda who people of that day saw as the supreme God. Later, we have the "I am that I am God", who remains nameless. Though the Muslims attempt to deify him by saying he has 99 names. In Christianity, I think he remains nameless. And Jesus the Christ remains a more correct name for the Messiah, with Jesus being his name and Christ simply meaning savior or perhaps Messiah. Most of the problem with naming him is that there are hundreds of different cultures who have named him something different. Of course the very ignorant Americans ... what do they know?

I believe the war in heaven already took place but that only puts us in the middle somewhere.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I see. You happen not to have been chosen to repent so you end up at the mercy of the evil monster. How nice of him. One is doomed to end up in his evil clutches from the moment of birth no matter what a person does. What a waste of of life. One would truly be better off never having been born. So why does god create these doomed souls? I can only think it must be for entertainment, which would mean that's one sick-o god you worship.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
if you haven't given your life to Christ, then everything you do is sin. no matter how good your works are, they are seen as filthy rags in Gods sight.

Only a true Christian can please God, because all of our past, present and future sins have been paid for so God doesn't count our sins against us. But the rest of you will pay for every single sin in eternal torment in hell.
Then that sort of leaves you out, doesn't it? Posts filled with hate are not very Christian. And you continue to claim that God is an immoral monster. How can one go to heaven when he makes those claims?

Ellen Brown

I see. You happen not to have been chosen to repent so you end up at the mercy of the evil monster. How nice of him. One is doomed to end up in his evil clutches from the moment of birth no matter what a person does. What a waste of of life. One would truly be better off never having been born. So why does god create these doomed souls? I can only think it must be for entertainment, which would mean that's one sick-o god you worship.

What sort of doctrine is: you have to be chosen? Wow. Is that JW?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Then that sort of leaves you out, doesn't it? Posts filled with hate are not very Christian. And you continue to claim that God is an immoral monster. How can one go to heaven when he makes those claims?
Truthfully, although Danny1988 no doubt sees himself as one of god's favored few, I"m betting he'll end up right next us on god's late night . . . .

YOU GONNA SUFFER SHOW,.png