• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Is Jesus Waiting For?

MJFlores

In other words, you have no idea why they're stalling and letting mankind continue to suffer---no doubt an example of gods' love for us all.:rolleyes: NOR can you even bring yourself to address the issue, but have to tap dance around it all. Hardly the brave thing to do, MJFlores. Hardly brave at all.

The answer to your question is found in and I don't need to interpret it because it is kinda long:

2 Peter 3:3-18 New International Version (NIV)
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

CONCLUSION:

they're stalling and letting mankind continue to suffer - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness

Weird isn't it? The Bible just replied to you.

The Lord God operates in a different time table from all of us. We have 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year.. To the Lord Almighty a thousand of our years is just a day for Him.

Psalm 90:4 New International Version (NIV)
A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

"With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

"End of the World

God did not make this world the way it is.
He made a great world for us and gave humans a choice.
Sin made it like it is, and sin will be its demise.

The End of this world is going to take place in one of three distinct years between the years 2450 AD and 2700 AD.
The exact year of the three will only be clarified by comparing Bible prophecy to world events as they progress.
But at this time, the three distinct years are known and proven by Chapter and Verse of Bible prophecy.
For the full proof, read this webpage as an introduction; then read all the information at the link below.
Note: It is about a small book's worth in total. If you take the time to read fully, you will be rewarded.
If you find this hard to believe or are unsure about proceeding, simply bookmark this page for now.

Thank you."

______
source

So, what do you think is Jesus' reason for letting mankind continue to suffer until decides to save us all---at least those deserving of being saved? To me, it all seems a bit sadistic.

I think Satan is not playing along. Since he can read, he is now doing the exact contrary of what the prophecy expects. Delaying it indefinetely.

That is a possible theological explanation. The rational one is obvious.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Today I am tending more toward the Scientific God. So much of what organized religion insists on is just plain ridiculous.

I guess the Scientific God is not plain ridicolous because of the “scientific” attribute.

Right?

Ciao

- viole

Skwim

Veteran Member
The answer to your question is found in and I don't need to interpret it because it is kinda long:

2 Peter 3:3-18 New International Version (NIV)
Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

CONCLUSION:

they're stalling and letting mankind continue to suffer - The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness

Weird isn't it? The Bible just replied to you.

The Lord God operates in a different time table from all of us. We have 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 365 days in a year.. To the Lord Almighty a thousand of our years is just a day for Him.

Psalm 90:4 New International Version (NIV)
A thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.

"With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"

Okay, You simply can't stop the tap dancing. I give up. Your self serving palaver is just too much.

Ellen Brown

I guess the Scientific God is not plain ridicolous because of the “scientific” attribute.

Right?

Ciao

- viole

Right. Science and belief in a Creator are not mutually exclusive. Writing amateurish Science Fiction helps. :)

MJFlores

Okay, You simply can't stop the tap dancing. I give up. Your self serving palaver is just too much.

We should never give up but learn to accept the truth.

For us it has been over two thousand years since the Lord Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, resurrected and taken up to heaven. A lot of people have lived and died - unbelieving, false believers and true believers - each awaiting judgement. But for the Lord God, all of these are just like yesterday.

Revelation 22:12 New International Version (NIV)
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

Danny1988

"End of the World

God did not make this world the way it is.
He made a great world for us and gave humans a choice.
Sin made it like it is, and sin will be its demise.

The End of this world is going to take place in one of three distinct years between the years 2450 AD and 2700 AD.
The exact year of the three will only be clarified by comparing Bible prophecy to world events as they progress.
But at this time, the three distinct years are known and proven by Chapter and Verse of Bible prophecy.
For the full proof, read this webpage as an introduction; then read all the information at the link below.
Note: It is about a small book's worth in total. If you take the time to read fully, you will be rewarded.
If you find this hard to believe or are unsure about proceeding, simply bookmark this page for now.

Thank you."

______
source

So, what do you think is Jesus' reason for letting mankind continue to suffer until decides to save us all---at least those deserving of being saved? To me, it all seems a bit sadistic.

God has appointed the time when Jesus returns to judge the world. He will return when the last person of Gods elect is converted and added to God Church.

Nobody can possibly know the exact time but Jesus did tell us about the signs which will let us know that the time is at hand. One of the signs was that the world be be like Sodom and Gomorrah again, we see that today with the gay agenda. One of the other signs was there would be a great falling away from the Church, we see that today Churches are closing down everywhere.

There are many other sings He told us about, which are all evident in this generation such as knowledge would sharply increase and wars and rumors of wars and many other signs. We can be sure that the time of His return is very near.

He could come back this very minute, so we all need to be ready to meet Him. he said He's coming back like a thief in the night and nobody will expect Him to appear. Repent and turn for your sins, believe in Him for the forgiveness of your sins and you will be saved.

Skwim

Veteran Member
God has appointed the time when Jesus returns to judge the world. He will return when the last person of Gods elect is converted and added to God Church.

Nobody can possibly know the exact time but Jesus did tell us about the signs which will let us know that the time is at hand. One of the signs was that the world be be like Sodom and Gomorrah again, we see that today with the gay agenda. One of the other signs was there would be a great falling away from the Church, we see that today Churches are closing down everywhere.

There are many other sings He told us about, which are all evident in this generation such as knowledge would sharply increase and wars and rumors of wars and many other signs. We can be sure that the time of His return is very near.

He could come back this very minute, so we all need to be ready to meet Him. he said He's coming back like a thief in the night and nobody will expect Him to appear. Repent and turn for your sins, believe in Him for the forgiveness of your sins and you will be saved.
Too bad you're unable to address the meat of the issue: the continued suffering. But I understand. A lot of of Christians can't bring themselves to acknowledge the fact, and have to close their eyes and tap dance around it.

Danny1988

Too bad you're unable to address the meat of the issue: the continued suffering. But I understand. A lot of of Christians can't bring themselves to acknowledge the fact, and have to close their eyes and tap dance around it.

The reprobate can't bring them selves to acknowledge that they live in a fallen sinful world, where everyone suffers because of sin. They willfully ignore the elephant in the room and blame God for the fruits of their wickedness.

Skwim

Veteran Member
The reprobate can't bring them selves to acknowledge that they live in a fallen sinful world, where everyone suffers because of sin. They willfully ignore the elephant in the room and blame God for the fruits of their wickedness.
So what? Given that people can't or won't, why does Jesus (god) prolong this suffering by allowing the creation of new souls, century after century, to live brief lives of suffering rather than end it all? Does he enjoy the watching people and other creatures suffer? A humane person, knowing that the life of a new person would be one filled with suffering, would opt not to bring it into being. I would think that Jesus (god) would be at least as humane as mere humans. But no, year after year, century after century, and even millennia after millennia Jesus (god) has allowed millions of new souls to pop up, suffer, and die. It's said, by Christians anyway, that god plans on bringing a stop to it all very soon, but this "very soon" has been going on for ages. Hell, Matthew 24;34 even promised that "This generation shall not pass" before it would all be over for everyone. So what's going on?

Danny1988

So what? Given that people can't or won't, why does Jesus (god) prolong this suffering by allowing the creation of new souls, century after century, to live brief lives of suffering rather than end it all? Does he enjoy the watching people and other creatures suffer? A humane person, knowing that the life of a new person would be one filled with suffering, would opt not to bring it into being. I would think that Jesus (god) would be at least as humane as mere humans. But no, year after year, century after century, and even millennia after millennia Jesus (god) has allowed millions of new souls to pop up, suffer, and die. It's said, by Christians anyway, that god plans on bringing a stop to it all very soon, but this "very soon" has been going on for ages. Hell, Matthew 24;34 even promised that "This generation shall not pass" before it would all be over for everyone. So what's going on?

It's not possible to sum up 66 books of Holy Scripture in a short summary.

You have a lot of good questions for which God has provided all the answers in the Bible.

God has appointed a day of judgement, when everyone who was ever born will be judged and everything will be made right. All of those who suffered for His name sake will receive eternal life in paradise, there are no words to describe how beautiful it will be and how happy they will be.

All the suffering will be forgotten, never to be remembered again. Everyone will finnaly understand why God did what He did and they will love Him all the more for it. Right now, we live in corrupt bodies of sin and death so we can't appreciate or understand God as we should, but all of that will change.

God will punish all of the unbelievers and every sin will be punished thoroughly. The wicked will all be cast into everlasting torment in hell.

God is waiting for all of His elect to come to faith and receive salvation, when the last appointed believer professes his faith in Christ then the end will come like a thief in the night and Jesus will return to judge the whole world.

Skwim

Veteran Member
It's not possible to sum up 66 books of Holy Scripture in a short summary.
And, of course, I'm not asking anyone to, so why do you bring it up?

You have a lot of good questions for which God has provided all the answers in the Bible.
Okay, I'm all ears.

God has appointed a day of judgement, when everyone who was ever born will be judged and everything will be made right. All of those who suffered for His name sake will receive eternal life in paradise,
Yes, we know.

Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation [that in which Jesus lived] shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
None of which ever came to pass.

All the suffering will be forgotten, never to be remembered again. Everyone will finnaly understand why God did what He did and they will love Him all the more for it. Right now, we live in corrupt bodies of sin and death so we can't appreciate or understand God as we should, but all of that will change.
God will punish all of the unbelievers and every sin will be punished thoroughly. The wicked will all be cast into everlasting torment in hell.
So what? Your tap dancing doesn't come close to addressing the issue. Sorry you wasted your time.

Have a good day.

Danny1988

And, of course, I'm not asking anyone to, so why do you bring it up?

Okay, I'm all ears.

Yes, we know.

Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation [that in which Jesus lived] shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
None of which ever came to pass.

So what? Your tap dancing doesn't come close to addressing the issue. Sorry you wasted your time.

Have a good day.

"This generation" refers to the generation which sees the things He was describing.

Nobody has ever found a single error or contradiction in the Bible. The heavens and the earth shall pass away but not a single word of God's ever will.

God Word is perfect and 100% true, every prophecy will come to pass just as it was prophesied to. There's nothing wrong with the Bible, but there's everything wrong with the understanding of fallen sinful men.

Skwim

Veteran Member
"This generation" refers to the generation which sees the things He was describing.
* FACEPALM *

Nobody has ever found a single error or contradiction in the Bible. The heavens and the earth shall pass away but not a single word of God's ever will.
I don't think you're lying, just poorly informed.

ERROR
" the rock hyrax, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you. (Leviticus 11:5–6)"​

Neither the rock hyrax (coney) or hare chew cud. Hell, they don't even create it.

CONTRADICTION
2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he became king, and he reigned [only] three months in Jerusalem.

2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned for three months and ten days in Jerusalem, and he did evil in the sight of the Lord.​

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Right. Science and belief in a Creator are not mutually exclusive. Writing amateurish Science Fiction helps. :)

Well, when science says that humans are not a product of a design, but are just a further evolutionary step of some apes, everything is hunky dory with religion?

Ciao

- viole

Ellen Brown

Well, when science says that humans are not a product of a design, but are just a further evolutionary step of some apes, everything is hunky dory with religion?

Ciao

- viole

I am happier just saying we don't know everything.

Danny1988

* FACEPALM *

I don't think you're lying, just poorly informed.

ERROR
" the rock hyrax, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you; the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have cloven hooves, is unclean to you. (Leviticus 11:5–6)"​

Neither the rock hyrax (coney) or hare chew cud. Hell, they don't even create it.

CONTRADICTION
2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he became king, and he reigned [only] three months in Jerusalem.

2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he became king, and he reigned for three months and ten days in Jerusalem, and he did evil in the sight of the Lord.​
I think you're drawing a long bow, bringing up typos to discredit the Bible. I would also suggest you have misinterpreted Lev 11:5-6

As I said, much smarter and far more qualified theologians and Bible scholars failed to find and error or contradiction, so I don't fancy your chances.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think you're drawing a long bow, bringing up typos to discredit the Bible. I would also suggest you have misinterpreted Lev 11:5-6

As I said, much smarter and far more qualified theologians and Bible scholars failed to find and error or contradiction, so I don't fancy your chances.
They were blinded by their own beliefs. Honest people can find countless errors and self contradictions in the Bible.

Danny1988

They were blinded by their own beliefs. Honest people can find countless errors and self contradictions in the Bible.
That's exactly why I say the non believers are not qualified to comment on the Bible, they don't come to the table with an open mind. They come with their preconceived bias that the Bible is not Gods Word.

There are plenty of expert Bible scholars and theologians who have presented the facts in books and debates and documentaries. You should devote a bit of time to have a look their presentations. You would be surprised, as I was to discover how amazingly accurate every Bible prophecy has proven to be. The odds of the prophets guessing their prophecies are something astronomical.

There is one video called "The programming of life" which shows that the Bible is 100% accurate and absolutely reliable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's exactly why I say the non believers are not qualified to comment on the Bible, they don't come to the table with an open mind. They come with their preconceived bias that the Bible is not Gods Word.

That is not bias,we know from all of the faults in the Bible that it is not "God's word" .

There are plenty of expert Bible scholars and theologians who have presented the facts in books and debates and documentaries. You should devote a bit of time to have a look their presentations. You would be surprised, as I was to discover how amazingly accurate every Bible prophecy has proven to be. The odds of the prophets guessing their prophecies are something astronomical.

Again that is wrong. All you can find are dishonest self deluded Christians that make that claim. I know of many failed prophecies, there are no real fulfilled prophecies.

There is one video called "The programming of life" which shows that the Bible is 100% accurate and absolutely reliable.

Once again we know this is wrong.

You really should try to learn why your claims are known to be wrong.