• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what is it

thats adsactly what it is, perception, subjective to every1's different view, but how can the christian god not be branded evil for allowing sickness and palgue exist, shoudlnt he be branded evil for allowing the snake to exist to lie 2 Eve...

SoulTYPE

chuck010342 said:
Evil is when something bad happens to you. When we sin bad things happen to us so therefore evil is sin
That is if you are following the Christian meaning. And karma possibly describes it better.

chuck010342

Lord Tanais Rahn said:
thats adsactly what it is, perception, subjective to every1's different view, but how can the christian god not be branded evil for allowing sickness and palgue exist,

The Christian God is not branded evil because he allows suffering because God wanted also for us to have free will

Lord Tanais Rahn said:
shoudlnt he be branded evil for allowing the snake to exist to lie 2 Eve...

A test is not an evil thing

chuck010342

SoulTYPE01 said:
That is if you are following the Christian meaning. And karma possibly describes it better.

hey soultype looks like we get to dialouge, on to the post

Well if you want to follow other meanings go right ahead but those other meanings are not the thruth

jewscout

Religious Zionist
chuck010342 said:
Evil is when something bad happens to you. When we sin bad things happen to us so therefore evil is sin
I don't think when bad things happen to you it is necessarily Evil. It sux, yes, but that doesn't mean it's evil or that you're being punished for sinning. Job didn't sin and all kinds of horrible things happened to him.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Lord Tanais Rahn said:
ur the first to agree, what religion r u....

I'm not the first, nor will I be the last. As the thing beside my name says, I follow Asatru.

chuck010342 said:
Well if you want to follow other meanings go right ahead but those other meanings are not the thruth

That sentence should end in 'for me.'

jewscout

Religious Zionist
chuck010342 said:
wasn't Job commiting the sin of Pride of life?
ummm no
Job 1:1 said:
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name [was] Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared G-d, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:8 said:
And the L-RD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that [there is] none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth G-d, and escheweth evil?
Job was placed in the Tanach as a story all people could relate to during hard times: Why do bad things happen to good people?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
good and evil are social constructs. They are the rules that bind a society together, so that the members can live together in relitive harmony. Evil in a society are usually things that bring about some form of disharmony, such as stealing or looking at someone too long in the eye (hence the evil eye).

wa:do

cardero

Citizen Mod
Lord Taniais Rahn writes: shoudlnt he be branded evil for allowing the snake to exist to lie 2 Eve...
Chuck010342: A test is not an evil thing

It is if the teacher doesn’t give you a chance to study for it and then holds those low grades accountable against you and your generations for the next million years then sends his Honor Roll Student of a son to show us up by winning the All County Finals. Sorry, college flashback.

nightwolf

Hmmmm! My family most of whom are christain would say that anything that strays you away from the word of God is evil, brought on by satan (the root of all evil among christains). But where I live by no book would have to say I don't think evil exists. We all have the power to make a choice weather it be right or wrong. I believe if someone done something out of pure "evil" then karma would step in and take care of there doing. You know, the thing that bothers me about some religions is there belief gives them the rite to point the finger, I did this so the "evil" made me do it (see that alot). You had the choice, you stepped away from your faith, guess what you did it!

SoulTYPE

chuck010342 said:
hey soultype looks like we get to dialouge, on to the post

Once again, that is if you follow the Christian meaning, and believe all others to be wrong.

Scott1

I believe evil is a rejection of goodness.... and I agree with Jensa that it is subjective..... but,

I think the origin of evil and what it means to me as a Christian is more important than a definition of evil. God is infinitely good and all his works are good. Yet no one can escape the experience of suffering or the evils in nature which seem to be linked to the limitations proper to creatures: and above all to the question of moral evil. Where does evil come from? "I sought whence evil comes and there was no solution", said St. Augustine, and his own painful quest would only be resolved by his conversion to the living God. For "the mystery of lawlessness" is clarified only in the light of the "mystery of our religion". The revelation of divine love in Christ manifested at the same time the extent of evil and the superabundance of grace. We must therefore approach the question of the origin of evil by fixing the eyes of our faith on him who alone is its conqueror..... Christ.

Peace,
Scott