• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it working with Set like?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Has anyone ever invoked Set in a ritual? Can you describe what kind of vibes he gives off and your relationship with him? Is he like a father?, teacher?, mentor?, what’s he like?

edit: or any experience with Set it doesn’t need to be ritual

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Idk why this didn't post before.

My first interaction with Set: I was mainly an Atheist at the time, very Materialistic and Nihilistic and extremely depressed. In short, it was a period I was not planning to be around for long afterwards, I had given up all hope and all belief entirely. It is also interesting to note I had absolutely no affiliation with Set at the time and had a history of debating against the only form of “Setianism” I was familiar with in the works of Aquino and the Temple of Set. In an act of rage, I began calling out to different gods with great intensity, entirely dedicated to the idea that none would answer, thus validating my Atheism. Yet when I reached Set, it was like a flip switched in my brain. I could feel an overwhelming and somewhat intense presence entering the room. It was in no way like Moses seeing a burning bush, or someone claiming to hear the word of a deity in their head. It was almost an innate and metaphysical understanding of the situation rather than any actual communication in material terms.

I changed at that moment. I became skeptical of Atheism but, more importantly, I became skeptical of this Self-image of myself as some meaningless, deterministic being slaved to matter and no better than any wild animal. It was a change that has even been somewhat documented in my writings and was confirmed by those who knew me best and not only saw the changes then, but especially now could describe the intense difference between my nature before and after. This is not to say I dedicated myself to Set or even became a full-blown Theist at the time, it was a process that would take many years. Perhaps most interesting of all, the more I shared my experience the more it resonated with others, both those dedicated to Set and Polytheists in general. This is in no way meant to prove anything to others, but the experience was an objective fact with real-world outcomes, which started me on the path I remain on and am known for to this day.