• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it with evolved chimps?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I don't believe Adam and eve were homos.

I think they were probably the figment of someone's imagination.

I said "Evolved Chimps" in the title just to grind a few gears is all :p

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

This is incomplete. Evolution continues

cultural-evolution-730x430.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not to mention drug addiction and alcoholism. Being at a computer is good if it keeps a person from relapse.

Whatever works. Ive never been in that situation so can only hope you have a good grip on your situation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When we go back 4+ million years in human history, the more "apish" we look, and there's a fairly recent find in Chad whereas the last time I read the experts couldn't determine if it was more along the line of human evolution or ape evolution since it shares so many characteristics with both.

David T

Premium Member
Next thing you know they will be riding horses and throwing nets over people.
I saw that documentary. Apparently they escaped from a research lab where they moved to the northern california redwoods and can be seen there ocasionally near humbolt state playing disk golf.
Btw the stump is like the tee for the 6th hole..

006f5eff9f6c.jpg

The humans play a totally different game.
download (19).jpeg

David T

Premium Member
When we go back 4+ million years in human history, the more "apish" we look, and there's a fairly recent find in Chad whereas the last time I read the experts couldn't determine if it was more along the line of human evolution or ape evolution since it shares so many characteristics with both.
Yep.
MI0003762461.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I've heard it all before.

We descended from creatures that resembled them...allegedly.
Well there were Hobbits and Neanderthals. So human speciation varies. Luckily us cro-magnons had the edge.

Can you imagine the racism? They really were different species of humans back in the day.

Beware the day chimps get sapient. They will throw nets over us.

Alright Mungo Jerry!!! Summer Summertime!!! Oh ah!!!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Well there were Hobbits and Neanderthals. So human speciation varies. Luckily us cro-magnons had the edge.

Can you imagine the racism? They really were different species of humans back in the day.

Allegedly this was a real photo of a real person
apeman.jpg

David T

Premium Member
O
We have so much in common with Chimps. But do we really? What are chimps iventing that they didn't have 5 thousand years ago?

Perhaps natural selection alone isn't what brought about this
View attachment 23962 View attachment 23963

To eventually become this:
View attachment 23964 View attachment 23965 View attachment 23966

I know that is simpleminded and evolution is far more complex than saying "we evolved from chimps". But still, the transformation from a big bang, the sun being in the right place, and a single cell organism evolved to such phenomenal transformation over billions of years, is mind-boggling. I don't claim to understand science. It just isn't my thing. Yet, it seems so much is theory without any way to prove it. Granted, there is proof that evolution does happen, but there appears to be a plan behind it.
Well intellect

Omg i thought i was being obscure with the mungo jerry image.. I could mock jerry and the song but its exactly one hit more than i have recorded.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've heard it all before.

We descended from creatures that resembled them...allegedly.
Not "allegedly". And the ancestor that we shared with chimps would be as alien to them as it would be to us. You are simply looking at it from a highly biased perspective. In the same sense different groups of people have been know to call other people "monkeys". We are not only talking about those of European descent doing this in both the Old and New World, but Japanese have done the same towards Europeans in the past. When we have a prejudice against acknowledging that others are human their relationship to other primates becomes obvious.

GODbeMERCIFULtoMEaSINNER

It's My Birthday!
At what point in evolution did Apes develop this strong need for religion, or else they would feel empty?

I've seen on TV that one tribe of chimps will sometimes go to war with and invade another tribe of chimps.

They communicate with each other, but it doesn't look like they have any religious beliefs to fight over.

So was it the destiny of apes to write a Bible that would become a best-seller year after year and influence how billions of people live their lives?

The Apes that wrote the Bible wrote a brilliant work of fiction, if that is the case.

Also, what caused Apes to evolve into these creatures that fly to the moon, have cell phones, internet, and satellites in the sky, and robots on Mars?

Perhaps we are actually made in the image and likeness of some intelligent supernatural being and chimps are not?

Maybe we evolved from chimps, but there was a supernatural entity that was manipulating natural selection?
Is there any animal on the planet that feels moral obligation or moral responsibility? Is there any animal on the planet that sets up court systems? Is there any animal on the planet that actually has a moral law written on their heart? Is it possible to have a moral law without a moral law Giver? If that moral law has been breached what should happen to the free moral agent who has breached it? Is it possible that the moral law will be our condemnation someday? Is there anyone who has lived upon the face of this Earth that has not broken this moral law?