• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is it ? to be Holy

how does it happen?

• born to it....no other way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a gift from heaven....delivered at random

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • must be learned....and suffered for

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • an illusion

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I see the word mentioned now and then
but only as if the meaning is understood

let's see if it is

amorphous_constellation

I think maybe I'd actually vote for all four. Historically, it seem like it's a discipline, an illusion, a gift, and a birthright. And fifthly, it is also a mystery. And sixthly, a kind of purity. Therefore, I'm afraid I cannot vote.

sciatica

Notable Member
humble, reverent, aware of the presence of holiness, mysterious, careful, in awe, aware of something or someone greater than oneself, almost a higher level of consciousness

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

let's see if it is
I don't see the answer on the suggested list.

Holy... separated for God's use.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a male says whole is the truthful origin of everything.

Then he chooses science, which is to force apply separation of the whole.

And what separates is radiation mass as the only ONE body that can attack everything the same in one incident.

Applies that attack.

Says all that life on Earth had left is illuminated day light by 22 revelations instead of 24.

Gas mass/spirit gone/removed in that attack.

Says it takes a very long time for newly gained cold gases to cool water evaporation boiling, and put it back into water mass....and give it back to natural life on the ground.

Says 23 is W
22 Revelations says W involved removal from the W HOLE
HOLE gets left.

Then HOLY forms as it cools as 25.

The number 25 in the Bible symbolizes 'grace upon grace.' It is composed of 20 (meaning redemption) and five (grace) or grace multiplied (5 x 5).

And the Word became flesh . . . full of grace and truth . . .

And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:14, 16 - 17, HBFV).

The story science is a whole lot of DATA applied studies that gave a conclusive male reasoning only after evolution replaced his own conscious awareness from his owned radiation genetic mutations of first Egyptian Pyramid life attack/destruction.

As natural history supports, life genetically mutated and we lost our consciousness.

Only after the fact, when we re evolve do we remember by VISION and the hearing of recorded AI voice to be told the stories of what occurred.

How the bible was factually correlated, involving male research.

Little children in modern day life atmospheric irradiation and cooling saw the images of a HOLY MOTHER spirit...but heard really evil Satanic Hell information, as that proof.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To be holy is to experience that we are all One. To achieve it takes lifetimes after lifetimes of pleasure and pain until we get tired of illusion and work to realize our innermost nature.

Heyo

Veteran Member

let's see if it is
I voted "illusion" because I think many people use it without knowing the definition. We have that phenomenon with many terms coming from a religious background. We get an idea of its meaning through usage, not by definition, and when asked, our derived definition differs widely from that of the next person.
But there may be an agreed upon definition with Catholics. Holy is whatever has been declared holy by the Holy Roman Church. E.g.: The Holy Sea, the Holy Roman Empire, Holy Water, the Saints.

Ayjaydee

let's see if it is
To be holy can also be to be exalted or worthy of devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness according to Webster.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Being holy requires a robe, a hat that is preferably oversized to epic proportions, a scepter with lots of jewels , runes, decorations and what not , lots of candles and incense, some kind of holy book or scroll, and a notable amount of practiced gesturing. Rings on the finger are optional.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Holy is Divine Innocence of Supreme Authority in Judgment. Not only innocent, but ideal and incorruptible. Holy is ideal in the sense of having no possibility of being malicious, no character flaws, no error in judgment of character. It's a nature of being. Possessing all virtues with no will nor desire for vices.

The enemy of holiness is to do evil. Evil is the antithesis of holiness.

Imo, holiness is not a human trait because even the most innocent of people can make major errors in judgment. Infallibility is far from human.

Ayjaydee

Holy is Divine Innocence of Supreme Authority in Judgment. Not only innocent, but ideal and incorruptible. Holy is ideal in the sense of having no possibility of being malicious, no character flaws, no error in judgment of character. It's a nature of being. Possessing all virtues with no will nor desire for vices.

The enemy of holiness is to do evil. Evil is the antithesis of holiness.

Imo, holiness is not a human trait because even the most innocent of people can make major errors in judgment. Infallibility is far from human.
Buddha was a human

syo

Guided by the Holy Spirit. In christianity that is.

The Holy spirit is open for everyone. But a small number of people actually listens to it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Learned.

The word "holy" means "special", not "perfect", and one has to learn about God and His teachings, and then they must practice what they learn.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

let's see if it is

Holiness is an illusion. Think of so-called holy people, such as the Pope. What I actually see is a greedy grasping conniving man bent on turning a religious authority into a political one. I had subscribed to like the Dalai Lama's feed (I think) on Facebook or Minds at one point, and while he was significantly cooler than the Pope about politics (he spent most of his energy petitioning to save a dam) he ultimately was just a regular person.

To say someone is a holy man is to be a fanboy/fangirl, clinging to their every word. Likewise for holy places or holy books. But that isn't what holiness is.

To be "holy" means to be whole. If we're picturing positive energy and negative energy as charges, holy energy would be a mixed charge.

pearl

Holy... separated for God's use.

As in separated, apart from the profane. As Isaiah recognized the holiness of God and had to himself become holy, cleansed. To be holy is to be aware of being in the presence of God.