• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is identity?

Mychael

This to me does not sound like an identity, but more like a process of thoughts and feelings. Identity speak more about who you are and how others perceive you
Have you ever felt the butterflies in your stomach when your either very scared, or in love? There is God and the devil or Yin Yang in that too depending on what system you follow or how you can understand.

When we think about God, even though we think about Him, we cannot fully understand Him at times.

We try to describe Him in our languages, and even though we try as best as we can with our language, we cannot always justifiably convey the thought that we have concerning God, that all may understand. The fullness that God encompasses is above our thought in a lot of ways, beyond our comprehension. And language is below our thought. True wisdom about God is beyond most words of description: This is sometimes why we are sent seers, anointed ones or prophets to guide us in spiritual matters and convey God's thoughts in the language most suitable for that time, people and place. The problem is the message that they relay is mainly rejected by the people it is given to

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Have you ever felt the butterflies in your stomach when your either very scared, or in love? There is God and the devil or Yin Yang in that too depending on what system you follow or how you can understand.

When we think about God, even though we think about Him, we cannot fully understand Him at times.

We try to describe Him in our languages, and even though we try as best as we can with our language, we cannot always justifiably convey the thought that we have concerning God, that all may understand. The fullness that God encompasses is above our thought in a lot of ways, beyond our comprehension. And language is below our thought. True wisdom about God is beyond most words of description: This is sometimes why we are sent seers, anointed ones or prophets to guide us in spiritual matters and convey God's thoughts in the language most suitable for that time, people and place. The problem is the message that they relay is mainly rejected by the people it is given to
You speak of understanding god, But what does it have to do with identity? God in the way i see it is truth and devil is non truth. When I speak of God it is in a form of energy, not as a personified white beard man on the clouds :) True wisdom comes from within when we awaken to the truth of the cosmos. That only truthfulness, compassion and forbearance can exist in this cosmos as the highest form of existence. When mankind does not follow this the world become full of evil action,speech and thoughts .

Mychael

You speak of understanding god, But what does it have to do with identity? God in the way i see it is truth and devil is non truth. When I speak of God it is in a form of energy, not as a personified white beard man on the clouds :) True wisdom comes from within when we awaken to the truth of the cosmos. That only truthfulness, compassion and forbearance can exist in this cosmos as the highest form of existence. When mankind does not follow this the world become full of evil action,speech and thoughts .
i wrote a few different subjects today. Sometimes I don't repeat what I already said in another post. If your interested take the time to look over my other inspired writings, then lets have another conversation on this.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
i wrote a few different subjects today. Sometimes I don't repeat what I already said in another post. If your interested take the time to look over my other inspired writings, then lets have another conversation on this.
I read some of them already :)

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Identity in the physical is based on experience and logic. Identity in the spiritual occurs at the Christ conscience level or your heart chakra, or however you can understand it. It involves getting your heart right first then understand by seeing through your heart, hearing through your heart, knowing through your hearts understandings, not necessarily your own logical choices.

Submitting to a religions brainwashing really isn't about identity, but about losing one.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Yes, everybody who pays attention to their own fabricated identity story, even when it seems unworthy, has a basis of self-importance.

For some people, their 'self-fabricated identity' fears its own truth so much that they rather die (suicide) than to accept its truth as invalid (unworthy). Those that can accept their own truth will be free of being dishonest. In their new honesty they will realize that everybody else who is dishonest are busy building up their self-esteem, their dishonest self-identity. Those who are honest, will realize that they are not here for self, but for their innermost being which they know is true (not false or fabricated). It is that part of every human being which 'knows' the truth when it hears it, for it 'touches' our heart with love whenever we become conscious of what is true.

I think I get what you are saying.

And I see this a lot more lately. A large part due to this "Social Media" craze I believe. Making way too many people trying to out-do everyone else on how intelligent, witty, athletic, rich, happily married, etc, etc, etc... they are, not willing to honestly face who they really are, or God forbid, having everyone "following" them on social media find out they are not who they claim to be. That would be the devastating "END".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If this OP is in the wrong area of the forum, mods please move it to the correct area :)

When we speak of identity we often think of what we identify as or who we wish to be seen as. But what happens when we losing the identity and we stop putting our self in a category of this or that.

An example can be, when we first time enter this forum, we identify our self one way, but in time this identity may change depending on our journey through life :) are we the same identity later on in life?

Does my identity change according to how you who do read this, experience Amanaki? or is the identity of Amanaki always the same?

We often say, personally I think so and so, or personally I believe so and so.
But who is it that experiences it? Who IS this personality?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

Interesting video!

Thanks for sharing.

While I'm not a believer of Zen Buddhism, ever since starting out on my spiritual path as a child, I have always spent all the time I could outdoors and exploring the natural world around me. As I've always LOVED the silence, the beauty of it all, how it all makes me (My soul.) feel connected and part of God, the universe. So I "connected" to the theme of the video right away.

So again, thanks!

Mychael

Poof!

There goes your religion of: ~~ LIFE ~~
anyone can find fault. I prefer to spend my time teaching rather than searching for darkness. God Bless you and thank you for showing me your heart. Shine in your own Light and inspire me if you can, If you have something important written, I would read it.

Mychael

Interesting video!

Thanks for sharing.

While I'm not a believer of Zen Buddhism, ever since starting out on my spiritual path as a child, I have always spent all the time I could outdoors and exploring the natural world around me. As I've always LOVED the silence, the beauty of it all, how it all makes me (My soul.) feel connected and part of God, the universe. So I "connected" to the theme of the video right away.

So again, thanks!
I live on the Edge of a small town in the Rockies with about 500 pop. I love real life not artificial life too, so we have common factors

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Interesting video!

Thanks for sharing.

So again, thanks!

Did you ever think of where exactly each individual atom in your body comes from? And if each countless atoms could talk, what adventures would they tell us? How old are we really? I muse about that often. Yet there they are. The makeup of the entirety of your body and mind.

It puts into perspective of who you really are, with the fact that there is nothing really actually separate and isolated from anything else. Everything is interconnected.

A "Conversation With Myself" by Alan Watts was one of the most influential videos I've ever come across on a personal level and that we often times forget that whom we call 'I' , the real you, expands well beyond the narrow scope of that mass of flesh and blood many of us are so fond of and attached to.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
I feel that one only rises to one's initiated endeavors and only limited by one's own cognizant` capacities or whatnot.
OR....when one dies....one dies !

Poof!

There goes your religion of: ~~ LIFE ~~

anyone can find fault. I prefer to spend my time teaching rather than searching for darkness. God Bless you and thank you for showing me your heart. Shine in your own Light and inspire me if you can, If you have something important written, I would read it.

What???

I was just joking with the poster "Mud" over his statement of "when one dies....one dies !", and his profile religion has "~~ LIFE ~~". Do you see the disparity of it now?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Did you ever think of where exactly each individual atom in your body comes from? And if each countless atoms could talk, what adventures would they tell us? How old are we really? I muse about that often. Yet there they are. The makeup of the entirety of your body and mind.

It puts into perspective of who you really are, with the fact that there is nothing really actually separate and isolated from anything else. Everything is interconnected.

A "Conversation With Myself" by Alan Watts was one of the most influential videos I've ever come across on a personal level and that we often times forget that whom we call 'I' , the real you, expands well beyond the narrow scope of that mass of flesh and blood many of us are so fond of and attached to.

Well, ever since I was a little child I was fully aware that "I", who I really am, is my soul. So I have never really considered my body and mind as anything more than an interface for my soul to interact with the physical world. Whereas most people think that their physical body and mind is all that there is. So I never really fit in with everyone's view of the world.

Mychael

What???

I was just joking with the poster "Mud" over his statement of "when one dies....one dies !", and his profile religion has "~~ LIFE ~~". Do you see the disparity of it now?
Ok, It misunderstandings then. I still coming out of confusion after falling off the tower of babble I guess. Tongue twisted and all. (Mom would only kiss me when she couldn't find a napkin) joke

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Did you ever think of where exactly each individual atom in your body comes from? And if each countless atoms could talk, what adventures would they tell us? How old are we really?
We are about 13.7 billion year old. I was omni-present (or nearly so) before my birth, I would be omni-present (or nearly so) after my death. At the moment I am Aupmanyav. My atoms will go to billions of things, living and non-living. I have approximately 7 x 10 raised to power 27 of them, i.e., 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

@mud is a great philosopher. It is not easy to understand him (and Mud likes me, mutual admiration). :)
@Ancient Soul , I like your answers.
"I", who I really am, is my soul. So I have never really considered my body and mind as anything more than an interface ..
You are close to enlightenment. Abandon soul just as you have abandoned body and mind. That is all that you have to do. :)

Last edited:

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Well, ever since I was a little child I was fully aware that "I", who I really am, is my soul. So I have never really considered my body and mind as anything more than an interface for my soul to interact with the physical world. Whereas most people think that their physical body and mind is all that there is. So I never really fit in with everyone's view of the world.

I like your answers.You are close to enlightenment. Abandon soul just as you have abandoned body and mind. That is all that you have to do. :)

Not sure what religion you got that from, but it's one of the craziest things I've heard.

One's soul is the very essence of "who" they really are. Their complete self-awareness, memories, thoughts, feelings, etc. So it's impossible to "abandon" it. Besides, God made it indestructible, so it cannot be destroyed. Which makes it absurd for a religion to tell you to "abandon" it.