• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Hellenism?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Are you equating belief in the divine as only believing in one god?
That is more important for me and the people of Greece had many Hellenism who believed in ONE-GOD.

"A number of oracles of Apollo from Didyma and Clarus, the so-called "theological oracles", dated to the 2nd and 3rd century CE, proclaim that there is only one highest god, of whom the gods of polytheistic religions are mere manifestations or servants.[107] 4th century CE Cyprus had, besides Christianity, an apparently monotheistic cult of Dionysus.[108]"
Monotheism - Wikipedia

Socrates was one such person who believed in ONE-GOD.
Please correct me if I am wrong?
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
That is more important for me and the people of Greece had many Hellenism who believed in ONE-GOD.

"A number of oracles of Apollo from Didyma and Clarus, the so-called "theological oracles", dated to the 2nd and 3rd century CE, proclaim that there is only one highest god, of whom the gods of polytheistic religions are mere manifestations or servants.[107] 4th century CE Cyprus had, besides Christianity, an apparently monotheistic cult of Dionysus.[108]"
Monotheism - Wikipedia

The source you quote disproves your claim; it mentions Hermes in conjunction with Dionysus. Hermes is another Greek god - his presence in the cult artwork suggests the Dionysian cult in question was not in fact monotheistic. It could have been henotheistic. It was probably polytheistic because Dionysus' stories only make sense in a polytheistic context.

Socrates was one such person who believed in ONE-GOD.
Please correct me if I am wrong?
Regards

There's no evidence to support this claim.

Last edited: