• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Hell?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
All life in the Universe originated on Earth. There is only one God and he has made the earth his habitation. If there is alien life on other planets, it originated on earth. The only habitable planet in the Universe for humans is earth.

Ok Susan, if thats what you believe. It is however a guess based on absolutely no knowledge but hey, thats what faith is all about

But which god is that? I favour Anoia, the god(des) of things that get stuck in draws. I often shout her name in vain as i rattle a draw and mutter *it went in there ok. Why wont it open*
Anoia - Discworld & Terry Pratchett Wiki

QuestioningMind

In your understanding from religious POW or from a nonreligious POW.
What is the Hell that so many religions or Spiritual paths talking about?

Is it on earth?
Is it in a different dimension?
Is it inside the earth?
Or is it an experience of constant suffering?

Hell is something that exists in the minds of brainwashed individuals.

QuestioningMind

All life in the Universe originated on Earth. There is only one God and he has made the earth his habitation. If there is alien life on other planets, it originated on earth. The only habitable planet in the Universe for humans is earth.

That's one heck of a claim... but I noticed that you didn't provide a single shred of verifiable evidence to back it up.

David1967

Premium Member

Is it on earth?
Is it inside the earth?

It's a place that I hope doesn't exist. At least in the sense, I was taught.
BTW, Happy Birthday!:)

susanblange

Ok Susan, if thats what you believe. It is however a guess based on absolutely no knowledge but hey, thats what faith is all about

But which god is that? I favour Anoia, the god(des) of things that get stuck in draws. I often shout her name in vain as i rattle a draw and mutter *it went in there ok. Why wont it open*
Anoia - Discworld & Terry Pratchett Wiki
Theology began with God and she made it up. That is the nature of theology. The source of my beliefs is the Hebrew Bible and my God, the God of the Jews is a woman. God created Israel for her glory but the Jews have rejected her and they will be punished. Hosea 4:6. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Job 24:1. "Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?" There are multitudes of scriptures that identify the God of Israel as a woman.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hell is the Spiritual underworld. 'Satan' has a Kingdom, there, in Biblical writing, 'the Kingdom of Hell'.

Matthew 12:26

Last edited:

syo

Is it on earth?
Is it inside the earth?
In greek paganism there is a place in hades called 'Tartara'. Tartara is inside earth. the 'restless' go there (tartara comes from tarasso a verb that means to cause restless. criminals with their actions bring restlessness. they interrupt tranquility. this means for people who aren't willfully in tune with the cosmos.) I hope i make sense

ChristineM

Premium Member
Theology began with God and she made it up. That is the nature of theology. The source of my beliefs is the Hebrew Bible and my God, the God of the Jews is a woman. God created Israel for her glory but the Jews have rejected her and they will be punished. Hosea 4:6. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Job 24:1. "Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?" There are multitudes of scriptures that identify the God of Israel as a woman.

Ever wonder why you are so alone with your faith?

susanblange

Ever wonder why you are so alone with your faith?
I am not alone in my faith. But what has happened is the opposite of what I expected. There are not a lot of Jews who believe in me. My Psychiatrist of 42 years who is Jewish believes in me. He is Elijah the Prophet. Agnostic Gentiles are more likely to believe. Isaiah 9:2. "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined". This was fulfilled in mid December 1983. Psalm 110:3. "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth". This will be fulfilled on VWD Day. Isaiah 54:1-3. "...For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left..."

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am not alone in my faith. But what has happened is the opposite of what I expected. There are not a lot of Jews who believe in me. My Psychiatrist of 42 years who is Jewish believes in me. He is Elijah the Prophet. Agnostic Gentiles are more likely to believe. Isaiah 9:2. "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined". This was fulfilled in mid December 1983. Psalm 110:3. "Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth". This will be fulfilled on VWD Day. Isaiah 54:1-3. "...For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left..."

Ok

LiveBetterLife

Making sins is what everyone does. If someone commits only one sin in his life, he is guilty and will go to hell. No one can keep the law, he who breaks only one commandment is guilty in all things. In order to save themselves from hell, people at that time (before Jesus' sacrifice) had to offer animal sacrifices to cleanse their guilt. But then Jesus came and sacrificed Himself, and since He was executed sinlessly, we humans can be cleansed by His blood. He who believes in his sacrifice is saved. That is why we human beings today no longer need animal sacrifices.
So if you do not believe that Jesus was executed to redeem you, then you will go to eternal hell. But what you also have to do is to collect good works, because just as the body is dead without spirit, so faith is dead without works.

What can I do? Will I have to ditch my current relationship with someone else's wife? She and he don't really dig each other anymore and I often consider my relationship with her to be something of a good work; if it weren't for our adultery, she probably would've died from a series of seizures she had a couple of years ago.

So, (1) what can I do in the way of good works and (2) can I continue to deliberately and actively break the ten commandants as long as I believe in Jesus?

susanblange

What can I do? Will I have to ditch my current relationship with someone else's wife? She and he don't really dig each other anymore and I often consider my relationship with her to be something of a good work; if it weren't for our adultery, she probably would've died from a series of seizures she had a couple of years ago.

So, (1) what can I do in the way of good works and (2) can I continue to deliberately and actively break the ten commandants as long as I believe in Jesus?
Ezekiel 13:22. "Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life".

LiveBetterLife

Ezekiel 13:22. "Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life".

What does that mean?

Are you calling me a liar? Why?

Road Less Traveled

Good to know that when a good christian tells me that my children and me will rot in hell, their threats come from a dark age comedy poem and a few paintings

What a loving and merciful being!

Do you think it’s possible for anyone to believe in that kind of hell doctrine without at least being subtly, partially sadistic inside themselves?

MonkeyFire

Is it on earth?
Is it inside the earth?

Hell is a universe made up of anything and everything negative from hate to evil, and may or may not include non-violence, but pacifism is saved. Just the same way non-suffering isn't necessarily happy.

Road Less Traveled

So all other humans will go to hell? that does not sound correct since we do not believe in God that way

My partner gets really fired about all of the elderly ladies we know that cry their eyes out in fear and worry almost daily for their other family members and friends, who are decent people.... that they are going to spend eternity in hell.