• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God?

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
People who live in savage lands believe that the Big Bang was created to deny the existence of god. Those of us who live in sivilized lands, however, know god was created to explain the importance and meaning of the Big Bang to us.

I respect of what other people's believe in GOD and BIG BANG.. and both of what the people of savage land and "sivilized" lands believe.. for them their believe, and for me my believe

biomystic

Those who read the Gospel of Humanity know what God is. It seems no one else does know this information that was hidden in the Son of Man tradition of Jesus Christ who took it upon himself (or rather the writers of the Story of Jesus Christ took it upon themselves as they channeled the Spirit of Christ into their Gospels) to personify all of humanity from beginning to end in himself. This was the only way for the ancient minds to accept even a partial glimpse of the truth about humanity and God because they only knew humankind as Job's "lowly worm" while God was a Mystery beyond human comprehension. This view dominates Jewish, Muslim, and most people's conception of what God is. However, now we can know the spiritual truth why Jesus would say the following:

"Verily, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."--Jn 14:12

The Gospel of Humanity reveals the identity of God and tells us what God is: God is the Great Spirit of Humanity that was and is created through the process of humanity's evolution in the space-time continuum of the universe, i.e. Creation. We are Holy One and eventually we will and have already done so, evolve at the "End of Days" into God Itself, the Great Spirit of Humanity. The Gospel of Humanity shows how this spiritual information was carried within the Son of Man tradition, revealed in metaphorical form in the New Testament Gospels for the Age of Pisces, and now revealed in plain language for our spiritual guidance in the new aeon, the Age of Aquarius.

ruhnafsoul

ruhnafsoul
what is GOD?
perhaps..
Is the ONE that we have faith to.. spriritual faith
Is the ONE that we speak and ask within ourself being..
Is the questions that appears in our mind at every moments..
Is the feel of joy and love.. happiness and sadness .. that appears from within ourself
Is what we are thinking of..

no one can give calm to my heart when it fears..
no one can strengthen my heart when it weaks..
no one can touch my heart from within..
except GOD..

so.. what is GOD?

I come back to this forum and see that my thread has been revived, and I anxiously see if anyone has been able to coherently answer my question - sadly this is not the case.

This entire thread has been a wild jumble of inconsistent, contradictory explanations. The fact that nobody agrees on what "God" is and there is no real definition excludes it from the realm of serious consideration.

jtartar

This is an extension of the other thread "Who is God?"

I ask not who, but what.

Please give a definition of "God".

I am not sure exactly what you want for an explanation of WHAT God is, But let me try, and you can determine how the difference of WHAT and WHO applies.
First God's Personal Name, or Proper Name is JEHOVAH, which means that He causes to become. In the end God causes everything to become exactly as His original purpose stated at Gen 1:26-28.
Jehovah is God's Proper name. In the original writings this name was used over 7,000 times, far more than any other name in the Holy Scriptures. Another way He is described is by the term GOD IS LOVE, 1John 4:8,16. God also has many Proper Adjective names, which are descriptive names, The Almighty, the Creator, Mighty man of War, Sovereign Lord, Jealous God Ex 34:14, a God of vengence, who will repay to everyone according to his works, Rom 2:6,3:5,6, The ROCK, perfect is His activity, Deut 32:4, Father, Matt 7:21-23, 16:17, Savior, and ONLY GOD, Jude 25, John 17:3, 1Cor 8:6, Eph 4:6.
There are other names, but these are enough to explain exactly, both WHO and WHAT God is.

Mr Cheese

I come back to this forum and see that my thread has been revived, and I anxiously see if anyone has been able to coherently answer my question - sadly this is not the case.

This entire thread has been a wild jumble of inconsistent, contradictory explanations. The fact that nobody agrees on what "God" is and there is no real definition excludes it from the realm of serious consideration.

if you could explain God
It wouldn't be God....:sarcastic

if you could explain God
It wouldn't be God....:sarcastic

My point exactly. I could make up a word and say I believe in it, and it would make just as much sense as someone who says they believe in a God.

Examples:
I believe in a blark
I believe in a unie

dust1n

Zindīq
My point exactly. I could make up a word and say I believe in it, and it would make just as much sense as someone who says they believe in a God.

Examples:
I believe in a blark
I believe in a unie

Are you could make up a whole sequence of words that hints at a complete description of reality affirmed (though it never could be affirmed), then call it religion.

I ask not who, but what is G0d
Please give a definition of "God".

It should be the first question asked before discussing if G0d exists because every culture has a different definition. You were one of the few smart enough to ask this.
In Judaism G0d refers source of creation/ to that most finite expression of what causes us to be so it can't be a man, nor figure or form or anything tangible which is caused to be through a further and higher process. Abraham realized it couldn't be the sun nor wind nor idols because all those had further processes in creating it. To best describe G0d in our perspective is to know the name which describes the Essence we call G0d often missed by people. The name is in the name of the holy city YeruShalem.
Shalem is the name describing G0d's (source of creation's) Essence-in Hebrew it means 'complete and wholeness'. THe source of life is that nature that progresses us to become complete and whole aka EVOLVE to all we could and should be.
To better understand this nature or Essence is to know the meaning of the words used for Reflections of this Essence. Ancient Hebrews used terms such as 'Sons of' G0d to describe the children of Israel and messengers of G0d . Son's of when not literal meant "REFLECTIVE OF". The children of Israel and the messengers of this Essence were reflecting this nature to become complete human beings, to become whole and all they could and should be by using the past to reflect and improve the future, by using laws and codes of conduct and behavior and health habits to sustain life and live it more complete and whole existence.
Christianity made a figure or form who's greater more finite source is my definition therefore their god can't be the most finite source of creation since mine creates what it intends to or inspires to be. This is why Abraham denounced and smashed such idols as being people's false reliance/gods.

Now you might say where is this different then naturists and atheist evolutionists?
The difference is we as Jews describe and define what this nature and evolution is so that man can reflect that nature and be in line with it and know what is in line or against it so we realize what is truly good and bad instead of subjectively assuming and making our own perceptions of what's good and bad.
We keep records of history and mans behavior even the dirty laundry like David's mistakes are kept to learn and improve by thus help mankind become more complete and whole. We do this by not whitewashing characters or whitewashing over our issues, but exposing them to be addressed and learned through.