• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Faith and Faithfulness?

questfortruth

A DEBATE IS WELCOMED!!!

Must I feel the shame of my Religious Beliefs if there are atheists? No,
human rights defend my beliefs. ``Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the
Son of Man will be ashamed of them'' Luke 9:26. And the atheists are not hiding their
atheism from the scientific community and are very proud of
their spiritual [but godless] achievements.
For example, the atheist has played Neo in a very spiritual film: The Matrix.

Faith is not blind. Faith is loyalty (faithfulness) to the Good. Many ones are not
faithful to the path of goodness. They can abort an unborn baby without a sound
reason. They can shoot and murder anytime they decide to. Precisely as the Biblical
Cain has murdered his brother Abel. But this is a sin. It is written: ``Be faithful, even to the
point of death'' Revelation 2:10. It is not written: ``Have faith in God, even to death,''
but the Bible means it.

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
There is faith, and misplaced faith. There are good causes, and kicking against the pricks...

Did Saul have little faith? Was Saul wrong to change his beliefs?

When is it good to change faith, to admit your faith was misplaced?

Rejecting reality in favor of wishful illusions is not so healthy.

Let's say you have faith in... your spouse. You make covenants with them, put your heart and soul into serving them... have faith in them... but then, they abuse your kids.... some people turn a blind eye to problems, stay in the marriage... others change their faith.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And the atheists are not hiding their atheism from the scientific community and are very proud of their spiritual [but godless] achievements.
They can abort an unborn baby without a sound reason.
They can shoot and murder anytime they decide to.
Precisely as the Biblical Cain ..
That will not matter to an atheist.
Not really very proud, science has still a long way to go. But yes, we appreciate what science is doing and reject views which do not have evidence.
Spiritual make up of any person depends on his up-bringing (Samskaras in Sanskrit), religion, education and experiences in life.
Atheists have different views on abortion. I am strongly against abortion without valid reasons (as accepted by Indian government). We have a nice, sane abortion law. Abortion in India - Wikipedia
I have not murdered anyone except insects in my 80 years.
Be happy with your fables ..

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
A DEBATE IS WELCOMED!!!

human rights defend my beliefs. ``Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the
Son of Man will be ashamed of them'' Luke 9:26. And the atheists are not hiding their
atheism from the scientific community and are very proud of
their spiritual [but godless] achievements.
For example, the atheist has played Neo in a very spiritual film: The Matrix.

Faith is not blind. Faith is loyalty (faithfulness) to the Good. Many ones are not
faithful to the path of goodness. They can abort an unborn baby without a sound
reason. They can shoot and murder anytime they decide to. Precisely as the Biblical
Cain has murdered his brother Abel. But this is a sin. It is written: ``Be faithful, even to the
point of death'' Revelation 2:10. It is not written: ``Have faith in God, even to death,''
but the Bible means it.

At best Faith, faithfulness is meant to be temporary. People start in faith because of their own ignorance. Their lack of knowledge.
Neo had no faith, he failed many times. As he gained experience with his own abilities, he came to trust himself.

If one continues to remain ignorant, you've no choice except to rely on faith. The ideal however is to gain knowledge through experience so there is no need for faith.

If you find yourself having to continually rely on faith, you are doing it wrong.