• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Death?

JamesYaqub

Nobody Special
Death ends life for the body. The soul was alive on it's own plane in spirit before the body was born and remains alive after the body dies. The business of the soul is to assimilate all the experiences of the life just past and to learn from them. The work consists of souls growing through experience and accumulating wisdom as a result. This is a part of God's plan for all of humanity. We needn't be concerned about evil in the spirit world. It does not exist there. It is restricted to earth only. Remember that evil is only a word which describes an extreme separation from God and, in heaven, there is no such separation. One last thing is don't worry about hell. That word, too, also describes an extreme separation from God. Only here on earth is such a separation possible.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Coming back from death is interesting as well, it could change my perspective on life. I accepted death several years ago. The pursuit of immortality slowly died out as the adventurers and tycoons continued to turn up nothing in their expeditions, expeditions I would have gladly been on.

The pursuit of immortality in spirit and soul became the principle concept of contemporary beliefs. I've come into a personal and continuing feud in trying to use ration and logic while being saturated in my own fantastic delusions with the Gods, Demons and spirit level of existence. I have found it fantastic in my experiences, others would be mortified by what I've seen in my minds eye. Not a lot of what I was shown is tangible in way that I could prove or do anything at all, and was asked not to as well.

I believe in the spirit, soul but the realm in which you expand and journey on isn't nearly tangible in your physical life, although the soul can become quite powerful. I relate soul to energy as well,"Chi", like will, Asians discovered it eons ago and have numerous exercises in expanding on your "chi". Some people just seem inept at building upon it though.

I also found out that it was a common belief in ancient Norse and Celts that the soul was like chi. It is also where the tradition of breaking the sword originated, after a warrior died or was killed there weapon was broken to release the fallen warriors energy. So they also believed in grounding with your weapons as well, which was a fantastic discovery for me.

My ventures in re-incarnation were troubling and eventually began flattering my ego then saddening me. My mind tells me I have roamed the sick ******* earth for eons.. With Barbarians in the ice age, through various wars and battles, starving, cannibalism, Catholicism..to this age of grand perversion and deviance, it is a corrupting age. It ultimately brought me some depression and grief afterwards.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Death ends life for the body. The soul was alive on it's own plane in spirit before the body was born and remains alive after the body dies. The business of the soul is to assimilate all the experiences of the life just past and to learn from them. The work consists of souls growing through experience and accumulating wisdom as a result. This is a part of God's plan for all of humanity. We needn't be concerned about evil in the spirit world. It does not exist there. It is restricted to earth only. Remember that evil is only a word which describes an extreme separation from God and, in heaven, there is no such separation. One last thing is don't worry about hell. That word, too, also describes an extreme separation from God. Only here on earth is such a separation possible.

Love this OP but it looks like I'm a year and a half late responding:(

I'm with you on this eastern esoteric thought. It bothers me that it's so little understood in the west; not just that it's not accepted but the fact that the awareness of it is not even there to intelligently reject it. I think our greatest investigators and explainers are not heard of because they are not in the hard study of the physical world. Physical scientists are venerated in the west. Spiritual investigators of the eastern traditions are not.

TurkeyOnRye

I'm not so certain there is life after death, although I am quite certain there is experience after death. However, using the word "after" to describe the event might be a misnomer because, for all we know, this scenario may well defy our concept of linear time.

Whiterain

9 pounds of pepper and a baked potatoe in your ***

O0nm3lH.jpg

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In my view, death is a chance for the Spirit to reach the Higher Realms and to Liberate itself from this lower, denser plane of reality to which we are currently shackled to by a cycle of death, birth and rebirth due to malevolent entities that have pulled the wool over our eyes (physical and otherwise). However, to do this, one must attain the proper Gnosis before death. Gnosis is the weapon - as this is a war - of Liberation and must be properly applied to strengthen the Spirit and prepare it for its journey to Ascension.

This process may take many lifetimes to discover and not all are properly deposed to even come to an awareness of the reality of the situation that we're in. They are lost ("damned"), for the time being at least. For many or most, the closest they may come to this understanding is an intuitive feeling that something is wrong and a secret loathing of their lives and the "system" of things. Most will never admit this. There is hope for those people in future lifetimes to come to a more full awareness and eventually seek Liberation. Others are so enmeshed in this reality that they flat-out enjoy it and can not visualize anything beyond it. They will fight for it. Their Spirit has been so suffocated that it might as well be dead and there's really no hope for them at all. They are most likely to be psychopaths. They are the true "damned" and they will probably eventually plummet to an even lower reality and remain trapped. That's their problem but they want others to join them, thereby making their sickness the problem of the rest of us. To the Gnostics, those who have experienced an Awakening, are ready to undergo Liberation and are actively seeking and applying Gnosis are called Pneumatics. Those who are not ready for Liberation but who have hope of Awakening in the future are called Psychics. The rest, that are fully enmeshed in this reality with little to no hope of coming to an Awakening are called Hylics. Most humans would be Psychics. (I don't know, maybe 60% - 90%; the exact numbers don't matter.) There's more Hylics than Pneumatics, judging by the way this world is going.

If we define "evil" as that which is opposed to the good of the Spirits of all beings, we can say that evil does exist in non-physical realms as there are spiritual realms that are more negative then this one. This realm is currently inbetween being a hell and being a purgatory, this realm being a manifestation of a vibrational waveform blueprint, after all. As a Gnostic Luciferian, the goal is to Ascend and reattain our Divinity, therefore shattering all chains and recovering lost power. Such Enlightened, Liberated beings have the choice to be able to make "raids" into this realm - such as Lucifer as the Serpent is said to have done - in order to pass on Gnosis and help free Spirits. Lucifers, Christs and Buddhas are basically the same concepts to an extent.

Last edited:

Whiterain

pkWbnoh.jpg

I presumed I was going to be sacked by the High One, sacked, y'know, for gross ignorance.

Then he tells me the last thing he sacked was Rome.

2BF7Lt4.jpg
sa0juEi.jpg

Whiterain

The Goths and the Vandals who sacked Rome were Arian Christians, not Germanic polytheists.

Sure they were... Sure they were...

Charlemagne's policies on the enforcement of Catholicism were arguably the most
ruthless. The history of the German royal family is annihilated prior to him as
well; from what I can tell there is nothing.

That's a different subject... It's cruel.

Last edited:

Elijah674

I believe the God of the Bible! And it is & was satan who lied! God said that he Lied from the beginning!
And for sure most of the 'broadway' ones teach that it was God who lied.
Gen. 3 says it this way....
[4] And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

death is time where your soul will leave your body & go to the next dimension............spirit dimension called Al_barzakh......a realm between the living world & judgement day

The Soul Journey In Afterlife On Islam Religion.........

Imagine yourself at the moment of your death. What thoughts cross your mind? Memories of family and friends? Panic? Regrets? Remembrance of Allah? What is death? What happens to us after we die? What is life in the Hereafter like, this new and strange world after death? Do we lose consciousness of this life? Where does our soul go? Do we feel and think the same?

The ineffable feeling of crossing the boundary between this world and the next cannot be described in words, nor imagined in the mind, but can be understood only through divine revealation and inspiration. Let us for the next few moments seek an understanding of this, death, the only certainty in life.

Sometimes we may not want to know about the processes that occur after we die because we are afraid or don't want to think about it. However, this is not the attitude of a Muslim. We should be foremost in learning and understanding death, so we can live our lives accordingly.

The prophet (saw) said, "Live in this world as though you are a stranger or a traveler (passing through it)." [Muslim] We are on a journey and should know about the whole journey's itinerary, not just one part.

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good, by way of trial. To Us must you return." (21:35)

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: In the end to Us shall you be brought back." (29:57)

Death is not pure annihilation, but rather both the living and dead are aware, but there is a difference that can't be compared. Death is merely movement from one world to another. It can be described as a journey through a wormhole to a separate dimension of existence.

When someone begins to die the Angel of Death or Izraeel comes to take the soul out of the body and puts it in a place called the Barzakh. "Say: 'The Angel of Death, put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls. Then shall you be brought back to your Lord." (32:11) "Wherever you are, Death will find you out, even if you are in towers built up strong and high! " (4:78)

After the soul is taken, if it is a pure soul and has relatives in the Next World who are people of the Garden, they come to meet the soul with yearning and great joy. They ask it about the condition of those who are still alive and 'suffering' in this world. The angels then bear the soul from one heaven to the next until it comes into the presence of Allah, Then it returns and sees the washing of the body, its shrouding, and the funeral procession. It says either, 'Take me forward! Take me forward!' or 'Where are you taking me?' The living, of course, hear none of this. The soul comes back and stays floating above the body and when the corpse is placed in the grave, the soul inserts itself between the body and the shroud so that the questioning can take place.

Whenever someone died, the prophet (saw) would stand for awhile at the burial site and then say, "Seek forgiveness for your (Muslim) brother and pray for his steadfastness since he is now being questioned." [Abu Dawud]

The angels pray for the soul of the believer in the heavens just as people pray over the body on earth. The soul hears the receding footfall of the last of the people who followed the funeral and the earth is levelled over them. The earth or even a rock hollowed out and sealed over with lead, would not prevent the two angels, Munkar and Nakir from reaching it.

This is all narrated in the following sound hadith of the prophet (saw): "When the believer is about to depart from this world and go forward into the Next World, angels with faces as bright as the sun descend from the heavens and sit around him in throngs stretching as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits at his head and says, "Good soul, come out to forgiveness and pleasure from Allah!" Then his soul emerges like a drop of water flows from a water-skin and the angel takes hold of it. When he has grasped it, the other angels do not leave it in his hand even for the twinkling of an eye. They take it and place it in a perfumed shroud and fragrance issues from it like the sweetest scent of musk found on the face of the earth.'

"Then they bear it upwards and whenever they take it past a company of angels, they ask, 'Who is this good soul?' and the angels with the soul reply, 'So-and-so the son of so-and-so,' using the best names by which people used to call him in this world. They bring him to the lowest heaven and ask for the gate to be opened for him. It is opened for him and angels who are near Allah from each of the heavens accompany him to the subsequent heaven until he reaches to the heaven where Allah the Great is. Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, says, 'Register the book of My slave in 'Illiyun and take him back to earth. I created them from it and I return them to it and I will bring them forth from it again.'

"His soul is then returned to his body and two angels come to him. They make him sit up and say to him, 'Who is your Lord?' He replies, 'My Lord is Allah.' They ask him, 'What is your religion?' He replies, 'My religion is Islam.' They ask him, 'Who is this man who was sent among you?' He replies, 'The Messenger of Allah. Then a Voice from on high declares, 'My slave has spoken the truth, so spread out carpets from the Garden for him and open a gate of the Garden for him!'

"Then some of its fragrance and perfume comes to him, his grave is expanded for him as far as the eye can see, and a man with beautiful garments and a fragrant scent comes to him and says, 'Rejoice in what delights you for this is the day which you were promised.' He asks, 'Who are you? Yours is a face which presages good.' He replies, 'I am your good actions.' Then he says, 'O Lord, let the Last Hour come soon so that I may rejoin my family and my property!' This life in the grave or Interspace is the next part of our journey. An 'interspace' is something that separates two things: heaven and earth, this world and the Next World or the period between death and resurrection. The bliss or punishment of the Interpsace is not the same as that of the Herafter, but rather something that happens between the two worlds.

In death, the body remains in the ground while the soul is in the interspace or Barzakh between the two worlds. However, the two are still connected and so the bliss or punishment happens to both of them. When Allah desires bliss or punishment for the soul, He connects it to the body. This is dependent on the will of Allah and dependent on a person's own actions. The soul is diffused in more than one place at the same time. The proof of this is that the prophet (saw) saw Musa (as) on the night of the Night Journey standing in prayer in his grave and he also saw him in the sixth and seventh heavens.

During this life in the grave part of our journey the souls are divided into two groups: one group is punished and the other group is in bliss. Usually when we think of the 'grave', it is a word that inspires fear. We are pained, but not aware of the delight it can contain. Indeed, the bliss of the Grave is better than any delight that this world can offer.

The liberated souls of those who are in bliss visit each other and discuss what happened in the world they have left and the people of that world. Allah says, "Whoever obeys Allah and the Messenger, they are with those whom Allah has blessed, the prophets, the sincere, the martyrs and the righteous. Very excellent companions they are!" (4:69

As the hadiths narrate, if the soul was a believing one, a door onto the fire is opened and the soul is shown it's place in the Fire had they disobeyed Allah. Then that door is locked and another door onto the Garden is opened and they are shown their place there. This door will remain open until the Day of Rising. Some of the sweetness and fragrance of the Garden reaches them and their grave is made spacious. The believer sleeps in peace just as if they were in one of the meadows of the Garden. Their narrow grave expands and stretches for the soul as far as the eye can see.

The Souls Journey After Death In Islam

If God Willing...........

Paranoid Android

Well, I practice Dementheology, and how we see death as a lucky thing for the disabled. We will reign in heaven, and our enemies we will burn in Hell. Nothing will be out of our reach, and justice will be done to those who made fun of us. In fact, they will be cursed in Hell, and will exchange with there disabled enemies their disabilities. For instance, if you rode in a wheelchair, in Heaven your legs will work, while the person that used to mock you for using a wheelchair will find himself unable to use his legs. In the burning flames of Hell, that person will be cursed to have to use a wheelchair for eternity.
Things will be changed. In life, we were never listened to. In Hell, they will scream for mercy, for someone to see what is going on. But just as it was for us in life, no one will give a damn about what they say. We will dwell in mansions of gold, and our enemies will beg and plead for some mercy. Unfortunately, just as it was not done for us, it will not be done for them. They will reap the whirlwind, and the last will be first and the first will be last.

Baladas

An Págánach
Death is the end of experience in this present form.
I am almost completely agnostic regarding what may come after death.

I like to believe that there is some kind of incorporeal existence afterwards, whether as a disembodied spirit, or simply a merging into the One...I hesitate to say
that I know anything of the sort though.