• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Contemplative Christianity?

Speaking as a moderator of the forum, you should have an expectation that people engaged in conversation with you here are doing so in good faith, and are certainly not making any attempts to hack anything, nor troll in an abusive manner. If you see a link that you think qualifies as either trolling or hacking, you should report it.

Speaking as a computer programmer with 15 years of experience and a long presence on many forums, what you said is pure unadulterated bull****, and you shouldn't really have any fear of encountering "hacker links" on RF.

Speaking as a participant in this thread, the accusation that anyone posting regularly in this conversation is a hacker that wants to mess with your head is offensive and silly. Instead, the people who have disagreed with you have universally done so in a very thoughtful and respectful manner, and I think it is insultingly ridiculous for you to insinuate that someone like windwalker is going to hack anyone.

You clearly put words/usernames in my mouth. What I stated is a fact in ANY forum. Just a warning for those who might not know to be careful. The "Techie" world is not as honorable as one would like to believe, so it wasn't a personal attack. But the "Not I" response almost self imposes guilt. Chill out!

Orbit

I'm a planet
You clearly put words/usernames in my mouth. What I stated is a fact in ANY forum. Just a warning for those who might not know to be careful. The "Techie" world is not as honorable as one would like to believe, so it wasn't a personal attack. But the "Not I" response almost self imposes guilt. Chill out!

No, it is ridiculous. Windwalker, well named, and sojourner have been posting here for quite some time, and are obviously not "hackers". Stop mudslinging.

No, it is ridiculous. Windwalker, well named, and sojourner have been posting here for quite some time, and are obviously not "hackers". Stop mudslinging.

I did not name nor suggest any of the above. Mudslinging? Warning that this does happen and to be careful is mudslinging? and YES, it happens when someone gets pissed off, so if you take that as a personal attack against any of the named, you must know something I do not.

lovemuffin

τὸν ἄρτον τοῦ ἔρωτος

This is a derail of the thread, so I'm aware it's probably best not to prolong it unnecessarily, but let me state a few facts

1) Your warning to Yoshua about links follows directly after Windwalker posted a video. If it's not a response to that, it's a pure non-sequitur. I don't think the warning just arose to your mind out of nothing. It was prompted by Windwalker's post, which apparently you believe has a non-trivial chance of hacking your computer, somehow

2) You chose to warn Yoshua, but no one else. There's a clear implication that he's on "your side" and is trustworthy, while somehow windwalker and the rest of us form part of the great unwashed mass of internet hackers and clever people who want to mess with your mind. It is at once insulting, ridiculous, paranoid, and idiotic. Yes I am offended by it. Frankly, throughout this thread people have taken a great deal of time to try to educate you about the obvious failures of your ideas. Rather than ever engaging with them directly, you do things like go off on paranoid rants about Tyndale and make vague accusations about internet hackers. It's obnoxious and my opinion is that you would do well to reflect further on your apparent inability to participate in this conversation in a productive and honest way.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Like above where you say "the not I response self imposes guilt?". Stop focusing on this red herring as a way from distracting from the conversation at hand.

This is a derail of the thread, so I'm aware it's probably best not to prolong it unnecessarily, but let me state a few facts

1) Your warning to Yoshua about links follows directly after Windwalker posted a video. If it's not a response to that, it's a pure non-sequitur. I don't think the warning just arose to your mind out of nothing. It was prompted by Windwalker's post, which apparently you believe has a non-trivial chance of hacking your computer, somehow

2) You chose to warn Yoshua, but no one else. There's a clear implication that he's on "your side" and is trustworthy, while somehow windwalker and the rest of us form part of the great unwashed mass of internet hackers and clever people who want to mess with your mind. It is at once insulting, ridiculous, paranoid, and idiotic. Yes I am offended by it. Frankly, throughout this thread people have taken a great deal of time to try to educate you about the obvious failures of your ideas. Rather than ever engaging with them directly, you do things like go off on paranoid rants about Tyndale and make vague accusations about internet hackers. It's obnoxious and my opinion is that you would do well to reflect further on your apparent inability to participate in this conversation in a productive and honest way.

Ah, you have followed the thread quite closely I see. Maybe the coffee shop gurus should get a real life ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi Windwalker,

So you believe that Jesus went to Central America, and the angel Moroni who appeared to Joseph Smith is the angel coming from God? Did you also believe that Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers? Jesus' father was Adam. Then Adam was God

Did you know these things before you quoted about Joseph Smith, or you just amazed with the supernatural stones?:)

Thanks
Yoshua, I'm not going to derail this thread by turning it into a discussion of Mormonism, but a number of your "facts" about Mormonism are flat out incorrect, and suggest that your source of information is both unreliable and intentionally misleading.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just a heads up. Be very careful clicking on links/pictures/articles you are referred to. These forums are full of hackers that like to "mess" with the heads of anyone that disagrees with them! Proceed with caution!
I'm sorry you took offense at the link I posted to about why someone saying "We're all entitled to our opinions" in a debate discussion is an invalid response that lacks any substantive truth. But to respond in personal attacks against me in retaliation to feeling insulted by me, accusing me of being a troll or a hacker, is well.... offense on every level. I too am a technical professional with over 15 years of experience as a senior-level engineer in major international companies, as well as financial institutions where trust and integrity are absolute prerequisites, and prison time the consequence for violation of that . "Hacking" on forums for me would be like violating a sacred trust that defines my entire professional career. You accusation is absurd, irrational, offense, and out-of-control. Never on this site have I ever violated that trust. You really need to do some serious self-evaluation and offer an apology for your out-of-control response like this. This is so very sad and immature on your part.

I'm sorry you took offense at the link I posted to about why someone saying "We're all entitled to our opinions" in a debate discussion is an invalid response that lacks any substantive truth. But to respond in personal attacks against me in retaliation to feeling insulted by me, accusing me of being a troll or a hacker, is well.... offense on every level. I too am a technical professional with over 15 years of experience as a senior-level engineer in major international companies, as well as financial institutions where trust and integrity are absolute prerequisites, and prison time the consequence for violation of that . "Hacking" on forums for me would be like violating a sacred trust that defines my entire professional career. You accusation is absurd, irrational, offense, and out-of-control. Never on this site have I ever violated that trust. You really need to do some serious self-evaluation and offer an apology for your out-of-control response like this. This is so very sad and immature on your part.

Quite a list of credentials for a chat room moderator :) very sorry if you took personal offense. Was not intended as a personal attack, simply a VERY validated warning to those who seem relatively naive to the possibilities. So, I am sorry if I offended

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yoshua, I'm not going to derail this thread by turning it into a discussion of Mormonism, but a number of your "facts" about Mormonism are flat out incorrect, and suggest that your source of information is both unreliable and intentionally misleading.
It seems his knowledge of Mormonism is just a bad as his knowledge of what meditation practices is. :) Out of curiosity, the original story I relayed about the golden tablets, the stones to translate it projected on the wall, the rug, and Brigham Young on the other side writing down the translation as Smith read it aloud to him, is that fairly accurate in what is taught? That was my understanding of it from a professor in college who taught it to us, (if I am recalling correctly myself even). If I'm off in that, please let me know and I'll self-correct the story. I do like to be accurate, and I could have some things understood incorrectly. You can just confirm, or point me to another resource about it, rather the discussion becoming about Mormon history. :) Thanks.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Quite a list of credentials for a chat room moderator :) very sorry if you took personal offense. Was not intended as a personal attack, simply a VERY validated warning to those who seem relatively naive to the possibilities. So, I am sorry if I offended
What are you talking about, "chat room moderator"? I'm not a moderator here. And I do take offense at you making personal attacks at me because you don't like what I say that disagrees with your beliefs.

What are you talking about, "chat room moderator"? I'm not a moderator here. And I do take offense at you making personal attacks at me because you don't like what I say that disagrees with your beliefs.

Again, just because you took it personally does not mean that was my intent. You are misinterpreting my warning.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Ah, you have followed the thread quite closely I see. Maybe the coffee shop gurus should get a real life ;)
"Coffee shop gurus"? Are you really continuing with the personal insults? Is it because you have no real ideas to present and instead go for ad hominem attacks?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, just because you took it personally does not mean that was my intent. You are misinterpreting my warning.
No I am not. I have posted many links previously in this thread. You offered no "hacker warning" until now, after you became all emotional in this thread towards me personally. I do not accept this that it's just a "general warning". As they say, "bull****". I only bother to point this out to you because I believe you are capable of better than this. If not, I'd have put you on ignore long ago. I just take this as emotional outbursts. I'm not going to say anything more about this and just hope instead you will self-correct.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Coffee shop gurus"? Are you really continuing with the personal insults? Is it because you have no real ideas to present and instead go for ad hominem attacks?
Hey, some of the world's bests ideas are born in the Salons and coffee houses where intellectuals gathered to discuss. :) I remember some other fundamentalist who called me a "Guru" not too terribly long ago because I dared to challenge the status quo belief system. Perhaps this is a compliment! :)

If you choose to take my validated warning personally, that is your own prerogative. But it is a substantiated fact that needs attention.

Hey, some of the world's bests ideas are born in the Salons and coffee houses where intellectuals gathered to discuss. :) I remember some other fundamentalist who called me a "Guru" not too terribly long ago because I dared to challenge the status quo belief system. Perhaps this is a compliment! :)

It can really be anything you desire it to be!! :)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you choose to take my validated warning personally, that is your own prerogative. But it is a substantiated fact that needs attention.
Then make you sure start posting that same post to everyone who posts a link to anything, anywhere on this site if this is in fact a genuine concern of yours. But again, you'd do well to follow the moderators suggestion that you report problems, rather than being a personal crusader on your own to protect the forum from possible "evil-doers". Anyway, I'm done speaking with you until you show you can take some actual ownership of your own actions.

Orbit

I'm a planet
So it is a "substantiated fact" that those who disagree with you on this thread are "coffee shop gurus?". Please stop typing.