• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Church

There was a place where all the 'Churches' and 'Temples' were of Buddhism. And as the members joined in on these services, there were also the non Buddhist Church and Temple attendees in the community. Just like any place where all the Churches and Temples were of 'Christian' practices, these Buddhist Churches and Temples needed to live in some kind of 'harmony' with others.

The streets were sometimes 'polluted'. The local streams and water beds were sometimes needing to be cleansed of the debris.

There was also the local Government.

Still the roads and streams and water beds sometimes needed to be cleaned.

To whom did these responsibilities fall upon? The ones that the Government 'hired', the attendees of the Buddhist Churches and Temples; the attendees to the Christian Churches / Temples?

And the men and women in Government did rule. They exacted certain procedures to be followed. They desired to be the 'mothers and fathers' of those Communities.

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

The local 'law' was the schoolmaster making sure all the younger ones did their homework, studied, kept up with their school attendance, etc.

Some of the Community members disagreed. Some local Government officials disagreed. They said they were not in their 'jobs' to rule or to be as 'schoolmasters'.

Compulsory education laws require children to attend a public or state-accredited private school for a certain period of time. There are certain exceptions, most notably homeschooling, but virtually all states have mandates for when children must begin school and how old they must be before dropping out. Typically, children must start school by the age of six and remain enrolled until they are at least 16. These laws were put in place not only to improve literacy rates but also to discourage the widespread child labor practices of the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Compulsory Education Laws: Background - FindLaw

Some argued that it was acceptable for their Community to be filled with 'dropouts', that it was okay.

So again... Who did these responsibilities fall upon in those places where all the Churches/Temples were of a certain 'Noble' practice, including Government?

Each State has a State flag. And each day, that State Flag is usually uplifted. To whom does those responsibilities fall upon?

And so the Community convened. The final 'agreement' was that everyone should have their own right to their own enjoyment. The Community was concerned that many persons who voiced their concerns of 'lack of personal rights' were going to have their 'personal rights' infringed upon.

So the idea that the responsible ones tend to their responsibilities, that those who were to keep certain areas clean and 'fixed', those that were to keep the streets clean and debris free, those that were to keep the 'green life' trimmed and maintained, those that were to keep the streams and waterbeds free from debris, etc.. would do so. What the 'others' who voiced their concerns of 'lack of personal rights', did in that Community would not be infringed upon. This was the idea that was proposed.

So to whom did the responsibilities fall upon?

The responsibilities fell upon those of those Churches of those Temples of those certain Government places. They kept the place clean, fixed and suitable for life. They were as those 'children' to which Government were as schoolmasters.

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

If Government is not law, then what is in Communities?

Tell me you who have children. Do you not mind that it is your very children teaching the other children of other parents what 'freedom' should be? Is it really okay for the children of other parents to be learning that sexual openess and sexual freedom(s) among themselves is okay and should be 'fought' for? Is it okay that your children are the ones promoting their 'fire'?

Because as long as a person has 'parent(s)', children ought to honor their mother and father. But if they are married, they have left mother and father and joined themselves to the other and have become one. But as long as a person is still with 'parent(s)' and not with another, should they not honor their father and mother?

So you who desire to live without another. And for you who still live as 'children' and not as 'married'.
There are many options to become 'married' under legally, lawfully and with rights, regardless of 'whom' your desire may be.

Law defines 'marriage' as a singular word. The plural of marriage, legally, is 'marriages'.

Law extends 'rights' to marriage. Not to 'marriages'.

But if your parent(s) should not be around/alive, then to whom should you 'honor'?

Romans 13:5-7 "Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour."

Romans 13:3 "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil...."

Is this a 'commandment'? No.. But a very dire 'pre-warning'.

Be careful, this says. Be very careful because they might not always be 'nice'.

Last edited:
And can you not see that to live as residents living under the local 'law' could be so much easier than trying to take in words which might be 'false' while sitting in Churches?

I'm not saying that there is any 1 Church that is doing such but neither am I saying that there isn't 1, either.

Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write.."
Revelation 2:20 "... I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols."

https://i2.wp.com/www.heraldofhope..../2017/06/seven-churches-of-asia-map.jpg?ssl=1

In West Turkey..

v2-45abd49b0a1e5a8dc0897793e7d76699_hd.jpg

Chloesos was puzzled. Why he was so rich was not the happy person in his eyes. Solon explained: "It should not be less than one person to live to 70. In these seventy years, there are a total of 26,250 days. However, there are no two days in which this is complete. The same. It seems that human affairs are really unpredictable. You are a king, extremely wealthy. But only when I hear that you are happy to end your life, can you give the answer."

克洛伊索斯听了很不解,为何自己这么富有却不是他眼中的幸福之人。梭伦解释说:“一个人活到七十岁应该不算少了,在这七十年中,共有两万六千二百五十天,然而这之中却没有哪两天的事情是完全相同的。如此看来,人间的事情真是无法预料啊。您是国王,极为富有。但只有在我听到您幸福地结束了一生时,才能够给您答案。”

v2-056402033b9138e6eb5b60a1d92d48c2_hd.jpg

At that time, Croisos, whose name was synonymous with "wealth", he felt that he was the happiest person in the world, so that when he met Solon, one of the seven Greek sages, he asked: "You Among the people I met, who is the happiest?” Solon said that it was Thales of Athens, because his children grew up very well, and he enjoyed his life in peace and glory. Chloesos asked again: "Who is the happiest except for Thales?" Solon replied that they were two young people, Kleopius and Beaton, who carried their mother’s cattle because they were cows. The car rushed to the temple to attend the memorial and fell tired in the hall and never got up.

那个时候的克洛伊索斯,他的名字就是“财富”的代名词,他觉得自己是这个世界上最幸福的人,以至于他在接见古希腊七贤之一的梭伦时问:“你所遇到的人中,谁是最幸福的?”梭伦却说是雅典的泰勒斯,因为他的孩子长大成人都很优秀,他一生享尽安乐,战死杀场也很光荣。克洛伊索斯又问:“那除了泰勒斯,谁最幸福?”梭伦答说是克列欧比斯和比顿这两个年轻人,他们因为自己当牛,抬着母亲乘坐的牛车赶到神庙参加祭奠而累倒在大殿内再也没起来。

Solon, depicted with pupils in an Islamic miniature

Solon - Wikipedia

'Wealth has driven you mad, Solon! Get down from those clouds of pomp!'
Solon asked, 'Why am I very high up, very high'?
'No, Solon, you are only 3 inches from the ground'.
'Not 4'?, asked Solon.

Job 2:11;13 "Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him.

So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great."

Job 4:1-2 "Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said, If we assay to commune with thee, wilt thou be grieved? but who can withhold himself from speaking?"

Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."

And so they talked and he talked and they talked and he talked...

-----

Mark 12:29 "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:"

Mark 12:1 "And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country."

Mark 13:28 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:"

Matthew 13:36 "...and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
-----

There was a man who relied on his wealth to put others into subjection. And he had many followers that subscribed to his ideas of wealth. The fig trees did grow, the branches did stretch forth and their branches did bloom with fruit. What sorts of 'fallings' did those trees produce?

Wealth, in it of itself, can do nothing. It is paper and it is numbers on papers or computer chips. The oppressions and subjections which arise because of these papers and numbers and computer chips. Is not life more than numbers and papers and computer chips?

And it could be for these reasons that The LORD God (J)esus Christ gave mankind the pleasures.

Such as: Psalm 104:14-15 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart."

Song of Solomon 1:1-3

1The song of songs, which is Solomon's.

2Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

3Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.

According to the biblical account, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. The wives were described as foreign princesses, including Pharaoh's daughter and women of Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon and of the Hittites.

Solomon - Wikipedia

Before man began oppressing man to rule over other man with wealth and possessions, life could have been 'freer'.

Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,..."

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

-----

Lydia, which sells purple cloth, live(d) in the city of Thyatira, in the northern part of the ancient capital of Lydia. Coincidentally, my favorite color since childhood was purple, and it has not changed since. When I chose this English name, I didn't know these stories at all. Studying and living in Rome, Italy for seven years is also an occasional opportunity. I only know that the Etruscans in central Italy are considered to be led by the Lydia prince during the fifteen-year famine period in the ancient country of Lydia. The descendants of those who have arrived here.

故事丨爱琴海边小亚细亚LYDIA吕底亚古国的传说~

Acts 16:14 "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul."

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is Church if it does not nor cannot 'stand' up against the neighborhood wrongs?
All kinds of messed up and fake? It could be. We could have a debate about it in a an area marked for debate. In this area it comes across as an accusation that should have been put into a debate area. It doesn't come across strictly as a mens issue, like something having to do with being a big strong man or being a dad or something like that. It would help if you could clarify how this is not a women's issue.

And can you not see that to live as residents living under the local 'law' could be so much easier than trying to take in words which might be 'false' while sitting in Churches?
I feel that its the women who drive membership in churches where everybody listens to some super spiritual person talk, but I feel it could be because of men, too. I'm not found of the modern setup where some person is encouraged to pretend to hear God talking to them, or that they are better read than other people, snappier dressers, more humble or in some way outstanding. If it were me in the pulpit I would absolutely feel pressured to pretense. There are women in the pulpit, too. It does seem like people are always ready to let some other person by spiritual in their own place. Women also tend to want role models and strong leaders etc. I'm not sure exactly what the dynamic is, but it does seem like female attendance is very strong when there is a strong leader behind the pulpit.

I'm not saying that there is any 1 Church that is doing such but neither am I saying that there isn't 1, either.
I think churches are potentially huge contributors to morality and good government, and I think governments tend to spiral out of control and therefore have to be watched. Its the government that has caused all of our laptops and phones to be fitted with observation devices, not the churches. That's not enough though. Now the governments want to give people scores. Next they'll want to implant chips into our brains. There's no limit to what they won't do. Whatever it is they'll say its for our own good, but it usually isn't. Its usually pure negligence and "Somebody else will fix this down the line." and "Well I can't be expected to stop this from happening" and "Its their own fault."

Before man began oppressing man to rule over other man with wealth and possessions, life could have been 'freer'.

Galatians 3:19 "Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions,..."

Although 'free', someone's got to do the dirty laundry.

It's called 'bond servant', 'servant', 'worker', 'free'....

1 Timothy 5:18 ".... And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

Last edited: