• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is an assault weapon

which is an assault weapon

• gun one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gun two

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • neither gun

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • both guns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We Never Know

No Slack
Here are two real weapons.
@F1fan (and everyone), is either an assault weapon?

The pictures are all the info you get for now.

Gun one
IMG_20220524_211935.jpg

Gun two..

IMG_20220524_210028.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What is considered high capacity?
To you any "semi-auto" is a assault weapon?

high capacity, Semi-auto, slide action, rifle = assault

Semi-auto and slide action, allows for a very rapid firing, even without full auto.

One's fingers are quick. I can empty 30 bullets damn fast without ever using full auto.

Edit: High cap to me is in excess of 10 bullets per magazine.

We Never Know

No Slack
high capacity, Semi-auto, slide action, rifle = assault

Semi-auto and slide action, allows for a very rapid firing, even without full auto.

One's fingers are quick. I can empty 30 bullets damn fast without ever using full auto.

Edit: High cap to me is in excess of 10 bullets per magazine.

Both are great squirrel/bullfrog guns. And in my opinion neither is an assault weapon regardless of looks.

For some reason I feel some/most won't participate without more info so....

Gun one: Marlin model 60 semi-auto 22lr. 15 round capacity, magazine tube fed.

IMG_20220524_223445.jpg

Gun two: Mitchell model ap74 semi-auto 22lr. 15 rounds capacity, magazine/clip fed

IMG_20220524_223409.jpg

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Here are two real weapons.
@F1fan (and everyone), is either an assault weapon?
It's a term defined by legislation. The exact definition varies depending on which law we're talking about.

What is considered high capacity?
Again: defined by legislation, which varies from place to place.

Here in Canada, anything more than:

• 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic, centre-fire long gun
  • 10 cartridges for most handgun magazines

is considered large capacity and is prohibited.
To you any "semi-auto" is a assault weapon?
Personally, I don't care about the term used, but I think prohibiting semi-auto firearms across the board would be fine.

(Though I think making an exception for semi-auto rimfire weapons would also be fine)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Both are great squirrel/bullfrog guns. And in my opinion neither is an assault weapon regardless of looks.

For some reason I feel some/most won't participate without more info so....

Gun one: Marlin model 60 semi-auto 22lr. 15 round capacity, magazine tube fed.

View attachment 63193

Gun two: Mitchell model ap74 semi-auto 22lr. 15 rounds capacity, magazine/clip fed

View attachment 63194

Still looks like the top is bolt actuated, the bottom is still slide actuated.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's a term defined by legislation. The exact definition varies depending on which law we're talking about.

Again: defined by legislation, which varies from place to place.

Here in Canada, anything more than:

• 5 cartridges for most magazines designed for a semi-automatic, centre-fire long gun
  • 10 cartridges for most handgun magazines

is considered large capacity and is prohibited.

Personally, I don't care about the term used, but I think prohibiting semi-auto firearms across the board would be fine.

(Though I think making an exception for semi-auto rimfire weapons would also be fine)

I see. You can't think.for yourself. You let politicians tell you what is what :oops:

We Never Know

No Slack
What are you on about?

You just said what is considered as an assault weapon is "It's a term defined by legislation"

And what is considered as high capacity is "Again: defined by legislation, which varies from place to place."

So you clarified what is what by what
legislation tells you

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You just said what is considered as an assault weapon is "It's a term defined by legislation"

And what is considered as high capacity is "Again: defined by legislation, which varies from place to place."

So you clarified what is what by what
legislation tells you
And?

Maybe take a few deep breaths, collect your thoughts, and try to express your point clearly.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Any rifle with a high capacity magazine and capability to fire in a semi-auto or full auto (even via an illegal mod, ie bumpstock) is an "assault" weapon imo.
Being we were both in the military, I agree with that. I would like to add the ability to kill the most in the least amount of time would be the classic characteristic of an assault weapon. Capacity and rate of fire specifically.