• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a myth you used to believe

We Never Know

No Slack
Example.... I knew a person that actually thought blood was blue in the body and only turned red once out of the body.....
Its always red

Example... Going out in the cold with wet hair will give you a cold.....
You have to come in contact with a virus to get a cold.

Example... I know many people that believe antibiotics work on viruses.
They don't. They could actually make things worse.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Example.... I knew a person that actually thought blood was blue in the body and only turned red once out of the body.....
Its always red
My grade six teacher told me that. And I believed him. He was one of the few teachers I had that I actually liked and maybe that is why I believed him.

But I guess he taught me a more valuable lesson, don’t believe everything you’re told.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Its always red

Example... A politician tells you they'll fight for X.
They don't. They only fight to get re-elected.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Its always red

I used to believe that because the Enlightenment, the Scientific Revolution and universal education happened in the West first, people in general would be more rational and intellectually uplifted in these countries.
Then I stayed in USA for 10 years...
Dear Lord.

Erebus

Plate armour was so heavy that knights were barely able to move and had to be lifted onto their horses.
In reality, the weight of the armour was distributed across your body and was designed to allow a full range of movement. It's possible to run an assault course in full plate.

Camel spiders are enormous and have an anaesthetic bite.

There was a picture of a soldier holding up two camel spiders. The perspective in the photo made them look like they were about a foot long. They're also entirely non-venomous.

You swallow an average of 8 spiders in your sleep per year.

Actually, the spiders prefer to just sit on your face and play poker.

There's an Amazon fish that swims up your penis if you pee in the water.

I first saw this one in a nature documentary. A good reminder that you should still fact-check professional sources when you can.

HonestJoe

I thought I believed in the Mandela Effect when I was younger but now I'm not sure I ever did. :cool:

It's possible to run an assault course in full plate.
Speaking from first hand experience, it is indeed possible but that doesn't mean it is advisable. o_O

Ella S.

*temp banned*
There's an Amazon fish that swims up your penis if you pee in the water.
I first saw this one in a nature documentary. A good reminder that you should still fact-check professional sources when you can.

Interesting. I was misinformed by said documentary. In retrospect, the legend of the candiru seems quite similar to the urban legend about the pool dye that changes the color of the water when exposed to urine.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't get why people believe this. It was a basic in Secondary School that vira aren't the same as bacteria and change shape.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Would you qualify what you just wrote as rational?

ciao

- viole

Well, if you mean to an objective standard, no!
But if you mean, that I am not rational just because I say so, then I know that. But the fun starts when other people claim that, they are that.