• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is a Daemon to you?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
If the Dæmon is to be understood as our inner voice as Plato understood Socrates' Daimon, then this is the voice of the expanded consciousness of Self. The Dæmon rises up within and confronts our limited consciousness, presenting the person with a real danger . . . that of succumbing. According to Jung we are not as conscious of our virtues as much as we are of our vices and as such suffer less from the good than from the bad in us. Our Dæmon, inner voice, makes us aware of this evil by presenting it in a very tempting and convincing way all the while enabling us to succumb to it. Naturally those of us on the LHP try to avoid succumbing to anything, but this is not the solution just as succumbing fully is not. Partially succumbing to the Dæmon urge allows the evil to enter us.

The Herald of the Dawn understands this Dæmon to be the higher part of man's spirit, that which is separated from the human element and is capable, through ecstasy, of becoming one with the Monad (our most perfected Self).

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
All of them are spirits. At least, that's how I think of them. Conscious, active energy that people associated to images. I don't think there is much more to that.

Mrpasserby

Do not just Believe 'Become', I am Sufficient.
In my experience: a Daemon can be a spirit side helper. utilizing the essence from the spirit of your own deceased placenta (a lesser daemon without a strong tuple effect can be made into a small spirit being like a large spider.
In my experience: lesser Daemons are sometimes used by functional spirits or spirit questors, during possible confrontations, as distractions, warnings, etc.

Daemon: an inner or attendant spirit or inspiring force. synonyms:
numen, genius, genius loci, inspiring force, attendant spirit, tutelary spirit, demon
an inner or attendant spirit or inspiring force.
Daemon - Google Search

Tuple-thoughtform: is a concept in mysticism of a being or object which is created through spiritual or mental powers, the ability to create a “mind-made body”.
Gautama Buddha and arhats are able to travel into spirit/heavenly realms using the continuum of the mind stream: (paraphrased to bring out the meaning).
Tulpa - Wikipedia

Even the famous Psychiatrist Carl Jung was working with evolved energy's check it out:
Orgone is a pseudo scientific and spiritual concept described as an esoteric energy:

Daemon - Google Search

Tulpa - Wikipedia

Orgone - Wikipedia

:)

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
A category of mythological beings probably inspired by psychosis.
Welcome to the Left Hand Path DIR. Have some cookies. :)
2127008837_c3d5a38f6b.jpg

VioletVortex

A Daemon is essentially the same thing as an Alf in Norse Paganism, to me. I think that they are energetic beings that exist interdependently with various thoughts and ideas present in our minds, and also in broader nature. For example, there are Daemons tied into creativity, hatred, love, humor, and so on.

crossfire

Premium Member
Thanks for the cookies. I just deleted my post.
Actually, it's a good subject to bring up. Is it better to keep your unconscious psychoses repressed, or to bring them into consciousness and work through them? Sure, there can be some disorientation when the chaotic content from the unconscious is brought into consciousness before you can start to make sense of it. Is this period of disorientation worth it, or is it better to keep the psychological complexes repressed?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It is? I rather had equated atman with consciousness as it's described to be without attributes.
But then I'm not that familiar with Vedic Hinduism and it might differ from those kinds I know.
Atman is a kind of liaison between man and Brahman, replace Brahman with the LHP Higher Self and Atman with Dæmon and there ya go.

crossfire

Premium Member
Atman is a kind of liaison between man and Brahman, replace Brahman with the LHP Higher Self and Atman with Dæmon and there ya go.
This would be a form of Solipsism, and does not leave room for other minds. Brahman is universal, not personal, so this would be RHP joining with the universe. (Universe as higher self.)

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
This would be a form of Solipsism, and does not leave room for other minds. Brahman is universal, not personal, so this would be RHP joining with the universe. (Universe as higher self.)
I never said the Atman / Brahman thing wasn't RHP . . . indeed it is just as Vamachara is really RHP although it means 'left handed' or something.

crossfire

Premium Member
I never said the Atman / Brahman thing wasn't RHP . . . indeed it is just as Vamachara is really RHP although it means 'left handed' or something.
Your metaphor does not fit. This part is ok:

Atman is a kind of liaison between man and Brahman,

but this part is a total misrepresentation of the terms used, as Brahman is universal and impersonal.
replace Brahman with the LHP Higher Self and Atman with Dæmon and there ya go.

@Kapalika if you would like to clear this up, it would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Your metaphor does not fit. This part is ok:

but this part is a total misrepresentation of the terms used, as Brahman is universal and impersonal.

@Kapalika if you would like to clear this up, it would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Of course they're not the same exactly, one is a monotheistic RHP while the Dæmon and higher Self belongs to the Western LHP.
Around 12 min into the podcast the Atman / Brahman is explained
KHPR 011: Yogic Self Transformation

Last edited:

crossfire

Premium Member
Of course they're not the same exactly, one is a monotheistic RHP while the Dæmon and higher Self belongs to the Western LHP.
Around 12 min into the podcast the Atman / Brahman is explained
KHPR 011: Yogic Self Transformation
Quoting the broadcast:
8:37 "The Sciences of yoga are there to teach the practitioner how to go beyond the mundane aspects of the being and realize this energetic center or Self {Atman} that is this associated with the Brahman, ok, and the Brahman is the All--the-the-the infinite Wisdom which guides the universe, but the Brahman is not identifiable by a human being. So the next best thing that yoga or Patanajali offers is the Atman, which is the closest identifiable form of the Brahman that one can see while one is embodied incarnate."​