• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What in the world did they buy???

Vee

Premium Member
According to some news I saw today, Amazon had it's biggest shopping day ever on Cyber Monday.
Until yesterday I didn't know what a cyber Monday was (still not very clear) and I didn't buy anything. But I was wondering, what is it that people are spending so many millions on? Don't they have enough stuff already??? Don't they ever get tired of shopping? People are so weird o_Oo_Oo_O

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
According to some news I saw today, Amazon had it's biggest shopping day ever on Cyber Monday.
Until yesterday I didn't know what a cyber Monday was (still not very clear) and I didn't buy anything. But I was wondering, what is it that people are spending so many millions on? Don't they have enough stuff already??? Don't they ever get tired of shopping? People are so weird o_Oo_Oo_O
I think it's an attempt to create (yet another) corporate 'holiday'.

Reactions: Vee

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I imagine it's the perception of getting a deal on something.

cyber-monday-e1448604988813.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
People's lives are empty now. Relationships are very shallow; most communication consists of a sentence or two on social media, not full emotional involvement. Religion is dying. Politics is wreaking havoc. People are looking for meaning in goods.

Just yesterday i overheard my mother in law say she needs this certain fancy coffee maker. Mind you, this woman has 6 different coffee makers already.

All shes doing is trying to fill a hole in her with material stuff. Its madness.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't anything on Amazon lately.
Most of the things I do buy are for donation to my favorite museum.
Generous, ain't I !!!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No shopping for me. I bought a vacuum cleaner from a guy who does house calls. And, a water purifier and air purifier. A good thing too because those tobacco particles seem to be about to go through solid walls. They smoke. Yup, they do, but they seem to be here for a while.

Shad

Veteran Member

I threw my wallet at my monitor when Steam was open. That is how they got me.