• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If!

Mark Dohle

OIP.B7-idzOu-3QihQZiUUiJJwHaHa

What if!

A woman was talking to me one day and she was on a bit of a rant. She had a lot of anger about the church etc. One thing she said was there are so many "thou shalt not', it is just a guilt trip or a way to control people.

So I responded in this fashion: "Well think about it, what if everyone in the country, no matter their faith, decided to live out the ten commandments say for six months, what do you think that would do. Come back tomorrow after the morning conference and let me know what you came up with".

So the next morning she came in, and said, "well, to be honest, if everyone did live out the ten commandments it would transform our country pretty quickly".

So I responded, "God wants us to be happy, sin does not bring happiness but only pain, sorrow, hatred, and people treating each other like 'things' instead of the beautiful creatures they are being made in God's image and likeness. It is not always easy doing the loving, right thing, but in the end, it saves us all a boatload of trouble, and yes spiritual death as well".

There is always mercy, and forgiveness to be had. All one needs to do is to ask and seek to move deeper into becoming the loving creations of God we are made to be.--Br.MD

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Do tell her : do not do unto others what you wouldn't want others to do unto you...and you will be just fine.:)