• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What if we all belong to the same consciousness, but we see it from different P.O.W?
Implications that immediately pop into my head:

- wealth reallocation and communal ownership of property. If we were really aspects of one entity, then personal ownership of property would be as nonsensical as my left elbow owning property that the rest of my body isn't also entitled to.

- LGBTQ equality. If we're all actually the same consciousness and there's no real "I," then any distinctions based on self-identity become meaningless. With there being no "I," it would be equally nonsensical to say "I am cis," "I am trans," "I am straight," or "I am bi," etc. Every self identity would be wrong-headed in the same way, so there would be no way to say that, for instance being straight and cis is the "right" self identity: there is ultimately no self, so there's no self identity that can be correct.

Any arguments of anti-gay or anti-trans people would turn to obvious nonsense: "this consciousness of which we're all a part is allowed to identify as male or ne attracted to women when seeing the world from all these points of view, but not from those points of view!" If we're all one whole, then that whole contains all orientations and all gender identities.

- racism and nationalism: same as above. If we're all different points of view of one consciousness, then it would be arbitrary nonsense to try to discriminate against them: "when you're looking from this POV, you're allowed to be Spanish, but when you look at it from this other view, you're absolutely not allowed to be Spanish!" It would be ridiculous.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

- wealth reallocation and communal ownership of property. If we were really aspects of one entity, then personal ownership of property would be as nonsensical as my left elbow owning property that the rest of my body isn't also entitled to.

- LGBTQ equality. If we're all actually the same consciousness and there's no real "I," then any distinctions based on self-identity become meaningless. With there being no "I," it would be equally nonsensical to say "I am cis," "I am trans," "I am straight," or "I am bi," etc. Every self identity would be wrong-headed in the same way, so there would be no way to say that, for instance being straight and cis is the "right" self identity: there is ultimately no self, so there's no self identity that can be correct.

Any arguments of anti-gay or anti-trans people would turn to obvious nonsense: "this consciousness of which we're all a part is allowed to identify as male or ne attracted to women when seeing the world from all these points of view, but not from those points of view!" If we're all one whole, then that whole contains all orientations and all gender identities.

- racism and nationalism: same as above. If we're all different points of view of one consciousness, then it would be arbitrary nonsense to try to discriminate against them: "when you're looking from this POV, you're allowed to be Spanish, but when you look at it from this other view, you're absolutely not allowed to be Spanish!" It would be ridiculous.
Yes all arguments would become obsolete because "we" would argue with "our own" consciousness :) we would exist but as unity and not selfish form of Ego.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What if we all belong to the same consciousness, but we see it from different P.O.V?
Then it would follow that those POVs are in some sense incomplete, delusional, or simply lacking in mutual communication.

Whether such is indeed the case depends perhaps decisively on whether consciousness is the same as existence as a whole, and how and how much it may differentiate from that existence.

As well pointed out by Penguin above, the implications for racism and nationalism are no less than devastating.

Daemon Sophic

Oddly, I would have to argue against your post in this situation.
As an agnostic, I have often tried to consider how any kind of omnipotent or even for that matter super-being could exist. Especially in the face of such hardship and malfeasance in our society, and our race, let alone in the haphazard annihilation and brutal deaths of animals and plants and wonderful things on earth and throughout the cosmos occurring every second of 14 billion years.

However, if God is truly some sort of mega huge super being and everyone of us, and every grain of sand, and every giant star being pulled into every black hole throughout the cosmos, are all just insignificantly tiny bits and pieces of this “God” creature.....then “why not?”

What if God did it this way because It wants to experience everything, from every point of view?

God wants to feel what its like to be the newborn duckling that is ripped to shreds and eaten by the fox.....and how that tastes on the fox’s tongue. God want’s to know the fear of a LGBTQ being chased down by a group of incensed ****-head Proud Boys. He wants to experience all the years of ignorance and anger that would have to be ingrained into a young man to turn him into a Proud Boy. Or what its like to be an autumn leaf turning orange and drifting down from its branch.

Have you ever tried to turn your hand pale? You grip the wrist tightly, and squeeze the blood from fingertips to wrist repeatedly. Now that hand is ghostly pale compared to the hand that is still gripping its wrist.
Not very fair to the pale hand, eh? But in the end, its all just part of you, and no harm done. Although perhaps a few cells died, but hey, that’s insignificant to the learning you experienced. In fact a whole new sensation memory tract just got formed in your brain! Yay!

In this universe-spanning 13+ billion year old and still running experiment, somebody has to be the washed and combed hair, while somebody has to be the wart on the bottom of the foot. Somebody gets to be the glorious exploding supernova, while somebody else has to be the planet of 5 billion screaming and panicking sentient beings who know there sun is about to destroy them. :(

Maybe.....

But IF this is what the god is doing, then one could readily argue that it is just a god, and not THE God. There’s always a bigger turtle underneath. ;)
A truly omnipotent and omniscient entity would have no need for such experiments, as it would already know the outcome, and how each and every one of those sensations throughout the multiverse feels. And would appreciate the need/desire to avoid the horror/sadness of all such inequalities.
Probably. o_O

Edited add-on thought.
Of course that last bit begs the question.....Why would such a truly infinite and enlightened Entity need or want to construct a multiverse in the first place? Regardless of whether such a creation was Perfect (and therefore stagnant), or imperfectly unfair (and therefore more dynamic). It would all be pointless to The True God. :expressionless:

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
What if we all belong to the same consciousness, but we see it from different P.O.V?

This worldview affords a parsimonious explanation of our conscious existence.

It explains our shared common experiences and also the diverse body-mind-sense experiences. A true consciousness at the foundation of existence is what makes our enquiries, both the extroverted-scientific and the introverted-spiritual, worthy of effort and able to unravel truth. True consciousness at the foundation also allows us our journey back to the non dual home through meditation and other methods. Mental causation of all sorts on one hand and reverse action of matter on mind can both be explained. Finally, no physical law need be contradicted.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is your and Atanu's view. My view is that we are constituted of the same. Whatever constitutes me also constitutes you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is your and Atanu's view. My view is that we are constituted of the same.
I think we see it somewhat different because of what spiritual teachings we learned and where we come from too :) But in a sense all 3 of us can be correct seen from our own wisdom level

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Had forgot to post this poem on this: Singularity Processor

That basically we're all part of the code of the Matrix; what we call consciousness is advance mathematical algorithms or musical sequences interacting.

All of the code of the Matrix is consciousness vibrating at different speeds.

So dense matter is low vibration consciousness or low wave amplitude mathematics.

As we ascend in consciousness there is a state of 0neness at the highest levels; yet at the lower levels there is more dividing & separateness, whilst there being a clinging together & attachment.

Like if we climb to the top of the mountain, we see all the trees together as a woods; yet whilst we are within them, we just see lots of individual trees.

Thus are there many P.O.V or is it all part of a woods in its different forms?

In my opinion.
:innocent:

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Had forgot to post this poem on this: Singularity Processor

That basically we're all part of the code of the Matrix; what we call consciousness is advance mathematical algorithms or musical sequences interacting.

All of the code of the Matrix is consciousness vibrating at different speeds.

So dense matter is low vibration consciousness or low wave amplitude mathematics.

As we ascend in consciousness there is a state of 0neness at the highest levels; yet at the lower levels there is more dividing & separateness, whilst there being a clinging together, & attachment.

Like if we climb to the top of the mountain, we see all the trees together as a woods; yet whilst we are within them, we just see lots of individual trees.

Thus are there many P.O.V or is it all part of a woods in its different forms?

In my opinion.
:innocent:
In the physical realm, we experience many P.O.V`s because of attachment to self/ego

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
In the physical realm, we experience many P.O.V`s because of attachment to self/ego
Even in higher realms we are still unique, only the Source is everything...

Our personal self in an infinite sense no longer has itemized consciousness; yet the multiple finite selfs exists in a selfless state.

Ego is our outer bubble that the self creates to protect the soul.

We experience what the individual soul or musical algorithm can comprehend; like it is possible to hear each other think for example, and we're typing to communicate.

Thus do we really only hear our own experience: Lao Tzu puts "The mind of the sage is not his own."... In other words we are all an interaction of the music around us.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I hold two different views of consciousness. One would be more like the electricity that goes through a light bulb if that is the case.

A type of potential that is there, that affects certain types of matter, maybe its a type of energy, but certainly not the new agey concept of the word.

Either that , or Consciousness is simply an emergent property like the light, heat, and radiation coming from a light bulb. Like the ear 'hears' and the eye 'sees' all having to do with reactive matter.

It is an interesting phenomena

MikeDwight

th

Jesus would know, OP. Woah, Black Ascension Jesus.