• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you dreamed of something happening.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Since it has been there all my life, I dont see it as something negative. It is more or less normal to me to have dreams coming true, for all i know it can have to do with being spiritual all my life.

I felt evil spirits before, I seen what people call ghosts. A dream is just a dream that sometimes show what will become true
I would like to discuss this further, but I don't want to press you. Let me know if I am.
I am unable to connect that last statement to anything we know physically, or spiritually. How can a dream reveal what is true? Is it connected in some way to a present, or future reality? The dream is not alive. So I don't understand what that means.
Are you saying we are (sub)consciously aware of things happening outside our present scope of conscious reality.
I'm not following. Perhaps you don't know, but are trying to understand in your own thinking?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I would like to discuss this further, but I don't want to press you. Let me know if I am.
I am unable to connect that last statement to anything we know physically, or spiritually. How can a dream reveal what is true? Is it connected in some way to a present, or future reality? The dream is not alive. So I don't understand what that means.
Are you saying we are (sub)consciously aware of things happening outside our present scope of conscious reality.
I'm not following. Perhaps you don't know, but are trying to understand in your own thinking?
I dont mind your questions:) my resistens was maybe in fear of say something people would see as crazy.

I can not say my sub-consciousness is aware or not :) but that might be an answer i should look in to.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I dont mind your questions:) my resistens was maybe in fear of say something people would see as crazy.

I can not say my sub-consciousness is aware or not :) but that might be an answer i should look in to.
Okay. Thanks.
Remember what the Messiah and his followers said about fear. I think it's worth taking to heart. :)

nPeace

Veteran Member
" Hello Kitty"

I was 7 yrs old, ok??? :D
s1027.gif
Wow. That's one ancient cat!
I didn't know cats lived that long. :D
Or is this one of those cats with nine lives? ;)

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Conscious thoughts I was wondering if this phenomenon is something scientists look into, where persons dream of something that happens either at that time, or later.
I am wondering if Quantum physics would be their explanation.
While everyone will form an opinion on it, each will have to go with what they accept.
I go with the explanation in the Bible, because I have no doubt of the truthfulness of scripture. After all, whom but God has ultimate truth, and reveals that truth to his people.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
@Conscious thoughts I was wondering if this phenomenon is something scientists look into, where persons dream of something that happens either at that time, or later.
While everyone will form an opinion on it, each will have to go with what they accept.
I go with the explanation in the Bible, because I have no doubt of the truthfulness of scripture. After all, whom but God has ultimate truth, and reveals that truth to his people.
If I can help science to understand dreams come true, I am up for it

Audie

Veteran Member

There are no verifiable accounts.

Sailors have seen a lot of mermaidd,
or so they say

Verification tho is like totally lacking

nPeace

Veteran Member
She has been dead for years.
Oh. Your expressions misled me.
I dreamed something happened to my kitty.
I got up to check.
She was fine.

Doesn't sound like years ago.
If you had said, "When I was a little..." Or "Many, many, years ago..." :D

Audie

Veteran Member
Oh. Your expressions misled me.
I dreamed something happened to my kitty.
I got up to check.
She was fine.

Doesn't sound like years ago.
If you had said, "When I was a little..." Or "Many, many, years ago..." :D
So very long ago, yes, so very very long.

nPeace

Veteran Member
How do you think a verifiable test would be done?
Like any other Prediction

You dont wait till later to call it.!
For one thing, Scientist carry out surveys, and they use the results from that data.
They never say, well I don't know if these people are making up stories or not.
So I would think that this situation is no different. unless... they are actually hypocrites, and choose to ignore this one because... ?
How is a survey in this case different?

Audie

Veteran Member
For one thing, Scientist carry out surveys, and they use the results from that data.
They never say, well I don't know if these people are making up stories or not.
So I would think that this situation is no different. unless... they are actually hypocrites, and choose to ignore this one because... ?
How is a survey in this case different?

Uh, no. Someone says his turtle can fly,
scientist say show me.
Turtle cannot fly.
Scientist say " hey you see this guy? You see this guy? He number one cow pie man"

Someone says they can see the future.
Scientist say " show me".

You want to survey people who say they are Napoleon
to find out how many are?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Uh, no. Someone says his turtle can fly,
scientist say show me.
Turtle cannot fly.
Scientist say " hey you see this guy? You see this guy? He number one cow pie man"

Someone says they can see the future.
Scientist say " show me".

You want to survey people who say they are Napoleon
to find out how many are?
Where did anyone in this thread say they saw the future?
A dream is not seeing something.
The question in the OP [Have you ever] dreamed of something happening, is no different to the questions found here, or here
pb.jpg

If you think it is, please explain how it is different.

Interestingly, in our modern world, where skeptics claim that people are becoming more awake to reality, and leaving behind superstition, we read articles lie this - Pew: The Number Of Americans Who Believe In Ghosts Has Doubled In A Decade
That seems to contradict skeptics' claims, does it not?

Audie

Veteran Member
Where did anyone in this thread say they saw the future?
A dream is not seeing something.
The question in the OP [Have you ever] dreamed of something happening, is no different to the questions found here, or here
View attachment 58585

If you think it is, please explain how it is different.

Interestingly, in our modern world, where skeptics claim that people are becoming more awake to reality, and leaving behind superstition, we read articles lie this - Pew: The Number Of Americans Who Believe In Ghosts Has Doubled In A Decade
That seems to contradict skeptics' claims, does it not?

No. For several obvious reasons.

And
Prophetic dream are " seeing the future "

nPeace

Veteran Member
No. For several obvious reasons.

And
Prophetic dream are " seeing the future "
No. A prophetic dream is not seing the future.
If someone told you they saw Father Christmas, did you see Father Christmas.

Are you afraid to state those obvious reasons for us?