• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you could make things appear or disappear just by thinking about it?

Frank Goad

What if you could make things appear or disappear just by thinking about it?(telekinesis).I would make diseases disappear from people's bodies.:)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
What if you could make things appear or disappear just by thinking about it?(telekinesis).I would make diseases disappear from people's bodies.:)

As an expert in superpowers I can grant you, telekinesis doesn't allow you to make things appear or disappear just by thinking about it.
Telekinesis merely lets you manipulate them.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

As in like think about something and POOF, there it is, materialised before you?
That'ld be fun for a while. And then it'ld get boring because there would be no challenges left anymore. Anything and everything (material anyway) could basically be accomplished just by thinking about it.

I love my drumset. I literally have an emotional attachment to it. Not because of what it is, but because of how I obtained it. It was a 10-year process, really. 10-years of hand-picking each and every part, oftenly after having to save up for it. Doing research etc. I even went all the way to Istanbul, Turkey to get the cymbals I wanted. That's the main reason for the "connection" I have with my drums. It's my personally assembled kit - there's no other like it (in terms of set-up and combinations). It took great effort to piece it together. Is it "better" then other kits? No. I could go to the store right now, drop 8000-ish bucks and buy myself a kit that might even be of better quality. But it won't be "mine" in the same way that "my" kit is "my" kit.

Making a kit appear just by thinking about it, seems even worse in that sense then going to the store and dropping 8 big ones to buy a drumkit.

In short: nothing would have any value anymore, because it will essentially exist in endless supply + it would take near zero effort to obtain it.

On the other hand.... I could be having all the sex I want with just about any babe I can imagine (literally, lol), as I could likely just materialize those too, including their brainstates so I won't have to deal with rejection either.

So, that'ld be kinda neat I guess.